Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***CARD Statement - Thursday 10th March***(Ed. Funeral March, 74th min walkout + more)

Comments

• Set fire to the fan sofa

Flame retardant, need a blow torch.
  • Really glad the funeral idea is actually going to happen. Well done everyone for getting it arranged. Get some good PR but most importantly is an easy one for anyone to be a part of.
  • ross1 said:

Ladyinred said:

RedChaser said:

Ok, It's not illegal as far I am aware just conceal them about your person.

Maybe take them in deflated and spend the whole game inflating them!
    In full support of the effort & ideas from CARD but where are we going to get B/W balloons at such short notice ?
    Ask Newcastle FC Trust is they have any to sell
    ok thanks tried that they said they'd post them & should be here by next wednesday.
  • Dont forget to line the road with Brussel Sprouts...then walk down the road and crush the bastards.
  • Ladyinred said:

RedChaser said:

Ok, It's not illegal as far I am aware just conceal them about your person.

Maybe take them in deflated and spend the whole game inflating them!
    Someone will have a heart attack...
    probably me.
    20 years of Kensitas have taken their toll.
    I will take in balloons if someone can blow them up?
    L block, N Upper.
  • Wish I could be there on Sunday with Grumpy family in full force to support this great initiative.

Let's hope it provokes a romantic bust-up in Brussels and Roly buys her a tanning salon in Dartford as an alternative business project, more suited to her skill levels.
  • Sponsored links:

• braydex said:

Why the funeral protest? What is the aim of it? It won't be on TV. It won't be seen or affect RD, KM or the players? I don't get it? It's basically just something to do before the game to 'entertain' those that are still going.

Walkout on 74th minute? again, what is the aim of this? Is it in the hope that sky will turn its cameras away from the game and focus on the fans leaving? Because I don't think that's gonna happen. Do you think KM will resign after some people have walked out? She couldn't give a shit if you leave early.

I know I'm going to be in the minority but taking action is only worthwhile when you have objectives, and I can't work out what they are?

Are you purchasing a season-ticket next season?
  • braydex said:

Why the funeral protest? What is the aim of it? It won't be on TV. It won't be seen or affect RD, KM or the players? I don't get it? It's basically just something to do before the game to 'entertain' those that are still going.

Walkout on 74th minute? again, what is the aim of this? Is it in the hope that sky will turn its cameras away from the game and focus on the fans leaving? Because I don't think that's gonna happen. Do you think KM will resign after some people have walked out? She couldn't give a shit if you leave early.

I know I'm going to be in the minority but taking action is only worthwhile when you have objectives, and I can't work out what they are?

Sky won't cover it ? Really ? You advocate a boycott but turning the question around, do you think Katrien gives a shit about that ?
  • braydex said:

Are you purchasing a season-ticket next season?
    No.

• braydex said:

Sky won't cover it ? Really ? You advocate a boycott but turning the question around, do you think Katrien gives a shit about that ?
    I think she would. But really a total boycott would be more to raise awareness of our plight and embarrass RD. An empty stadium and match played in utter silence as a result, live on Sky with just KM and her cronies to focus on would be humiliating....even more so if we actually won!
  • i think there is a typo in the opening CARD statement in this thread. it says "Duchatelet and Meire, which is unlikely to end with relegation."

surely it should read - its LIKELY to end with relegation.
  • I think on the (020) 7th minute and again in the (020) 8th minute we should turn towards the the Data Techniques box and point out to them in no uncertain terms their abject failure to grasp the basics of telephone numbers.

I despair as much as the next pedant at people's inability to write their own 'phone number correctly, but I do think this is a somewhat niche protest.
  • i think there is a typo in the opening CARD statement in this thread. it says "Duchatelet and Meire, which is unlikely to end with relegation."

surely it should read - its LIKELY to end with relegation.

@HardyAddick It means relegation will not be the end of the damage.
  • Sponsored links:

• braydex said:

braydex said:

I think she would. But really a total boycott would be more to raise awareness of our plight and embarrass RD. An empty stadium and match played in utter silence as a result, live on Sky with just KM and her cronies to focus on would be humiliating....even more so if we actually won!
    I've been boycotting home games all season and suggested a full boycott in early January. Problem is, the club know it'll never happen. There will always be some that attend. The more I think about it, I think that would play into their hands as I believe their intention is to downsize the ground or move to a smaller site.
  • @braydex I think the objectives are easy to understand.
    1) Make the day memorable.
    2) Get the match abandoned.
  • Davo55 said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

But what makes you think a call for a complete boycott would succeed? You must have seen how many people are still buying stuff from the club shop and food/drink outlets, and how many just wander past the protests. Even if most fans are now sick of the regime and supportive of the protests a sizeable number of them just want to watch a game and have their usual match day routine.
    This is exactly the stance of a couple of blokes I was talking to in Dartford last night. They are sick of the "stand up if you want them out" chants as it blocks their view of the pitch. They have no intention of joining in any protests as they just want to watch the game, win or lose. They don't like the regime and accept RD isn't in it for the football but they are just not interested in joining in.

• braydex said:

They have Chrissy Powell there - I'm sure they are very likely to cover it and to discuss.
  • seth plum said:

@braydex I think the objectives are easy to understand.
    1) Make the day memorable.
    2) Get the match abandoned.

Then that's fine. If the objective is to make the day memorable, i'm sure the funeral procession will contribute to that objective.

Carrying a coffin before the game and walking out on the 74th minute will not, however, get the match abandoned.

Therefore if these are CARD's official objectives one is very achievable. The other isn't. That's all im saying.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

I've been boycotting home games all season and suggested a full boycott in early January. Problem is, the club know it'll never happen. There will always be some that attend. The more I think about it, I think that would play into their hands as I believe their intention is to downsize the ground or move to a smaller site.
    I dont disagree. I've supported a full boycott pretty much all season. I also agree that there will always be those who will attend no matter how poorly the club is being run. Lets be honest, if they do intend to stay at Charlton long term, moving to a smaller ground isn't such a bad idea (if you owned the club) as most fans will not return.
  • rowe88 said:

Some more ideas-

- everyone should arrive naked
    - everyone should take their shoes off and throw it on the pitch
    - cheer for Middlesborough like you mean it
    - fill the whole stadium but then don’t say a word
    - everyone should pretend to be on the phone and just shout SELL SELL SELL
    - count down till the game has ended (including seconds)
    - play Chinese whispers around the whole stadium

Do you wear shoes when naked? If so do you wear socks with them?
  • Davo55 said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

But what makes you think a call for a complete boycott would succeed? You must have seen how many people are still buying stuff from the club shop and food/drink outlets, and how many just wander past the protests. Even if most fans are now sick of the regime and supportive of the protests a sizeable number of them just want to watch a game and have their usual match day routine.
    Again - I dont disagree. I am aware that a number of fans will attend no matter what. that's their choice. What i'm saying is that if there was a complete boycott it would be more effective - for reasons already stated.