Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***CARD Statement - Thursday 10th March***(Ed. Funeral March, 74th min walkout + more)

Comments

• Really looking forward to Sunday, except for 90 minutes of it

Let me correct that for you

Really looking forward to Sunday, except for 74 minutes of it

• If they close the gates I suggest a sit down. Harder to get us to move on.

1) If they close the gates how will the blanket brigade exit from the west stand
    2) If they close the gates break the fuckers down
    3) If they close the gates & put belmarsh bullys in front break the fuckers down
  • My dad told me a story that he was amoungst a group of Charlton fans who took a coffin on the train and into the ground when we played Newcastle in the 1947 FA Cup semi final. Newcastle were the red hot favorites so written on the coffin were the words "Here lies the body of Newcastle United"

We beat them 4-0 and went on to win the cup.

My Dad has since passed away so can any of the history buffs confirm this?

That does ring a bell, can't remember where I read it tho ?
  • edited March 2016
    Ok, It's not illegal as far I am aware just conceal them about your person.
  • RedChaser said:

Maybe take them in deflated and spend the whole game inflating them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ladyinred said:

RedChaser said:

In full support of the effort & ideas from CARD but where are we going to get B/W balloons at such short notice ?
  • Ladyinred said:

RedChaser said:

In full support of the effort & ideas from CARD but where are we going to get B/W balloons at such short notice ?
    Ask Newcastle FC Trust is they have any to sell
  • Why the funeral protest? What is the aim of it? It won't be on TV. It won't be seen or affect RD, KM or the players? I don't get it? It's basically just something to do before the game to 'entertain' those that are still going.

Walkout on 74th minute? again, what is the aim of this? Is it in the hope that sky will turn its cameras away from the game and focus on the fans leaving? Because I don't think that's gonna happen. Do you think KM will resign after some people have walked out? She couldn't give a shit if you leave early.

I know I'm going to be in the minority but taking action is only worthwhile when you have objectives, and I can't work out what they are?
  • braydex said:

Why the funeral protest? What is the aim of it? It won't be on TV. It won't be seen or affect RD, KM or the players? I don't get it? It's basically just something to do before the game to 'entertain' those that are still going.

Walkout on 74th minute? again, what is the aim of this? Is it in the hope that sky will turn its cameras away from the game and focus on the fans leaving? Because I don't think that's gonna happen. Do you think KM will resign after some people have walked out? She couldn't give a shit if you leave early.

I know I'm going to be in the minority but taking action is only worthwhile when you have objectives, and I can't work out what they are?

Serious question, having read your post what would you suggest then.
  • Ladyinred said:

RedChaser said:

mmmm i wonder.... think i've sussed it - i was also contemplating not going (first time ever if nothing stopping me) but got a feeling this is going to be a great day
  • Badger said:

braydex said:

Why the funeral protest? What is the aim of it? It won't be on TV. It won't be seen or affect RD, KM or the players? I don't get it? It's basically just something to do before the game to 'entertain' those that are still going.

Serious question, having read your post what would you suggest then.
    You only have to look back at my posts to see what I think. It is only my opinion, but scarves, singing in the car park, masks, posters etc. they don't work. The people these protests are aimed at couldn't care less.

A total continued boycott is the only effective protest.

But I think I can ask again, what are the objectives or the funeral march and walkout? If someone can explain what they are looking to achieve I may understand it better.

The possible pitch invasion.....I understand that. May not agree with it entirely but it will hit RD financially and raise awareness of our situation to the nation. Same as a possible whistle protest. Cause mayhem. Disrupt the game. Sky will be forced to talk about it etc. embarrassing for RD/KM etc. I can see the objectives here but not with the official CARD ideas?
  • My dad told me a story that he was amoungst a group of Charlton fans who took a coffin on the train and into the ground when we played Newcastle in the 1947 FA Cup semi final. Newcastle were the red hot favorites so written on the coffin were the words "Here lies the body of Newcastle United"

We beat them 4-0 and went on to win the cup.

My Dad has since passed away so can any of the history buffs confirm this?

You can see some highlights of the FA Cup final here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQe82W9Sq7g
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:

@braydex Firstly, Sky will cover a curtain being opened, give them a bit of pre-match "news" and they will generally wet themselves to show it...26 times!!!

The walkout I am not sure about. I'm away, so wouldn't berate anyone for not joining, but it has to be in good numbers to make it "Sky-worthy". We need to encourage as many as possible to join in.

As for Katrien, I couldn't give a shit if she doesn't give a shit. This all highlights the complete mis-management which he directs and which she employs, albeit on a part-time basis when she feels like "dragging her arse in". We want the media to keep asking questions and the more that do the better.

The objectives are plain to see. I think what you mean is, "taking action is only worthwhile when we actually get a result!".

Persuading people who haven't quite got there yet is the hard part - I feel a bit of a twat being the only one standing up - around me - in the West Lower with my black 'n' white scarf every home game.

Give it a go!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of Roland is for good men to do nothing!

I don't think sky will cover it personally. They may talk about it but that'll be it.

I still don't see any objective. A protest isn't only worthwhile when you get a result. If you know what you want to get out of a protest then go for it. Don't just protest for the sake of it not really knowing why you're doing it, or being content with any number of responses.

I think it's very easy to accuse those like me who are staying away of doing nothing. I hate not going to games. I miss it so much. My boys couldn't give a shit about the club I love and I don't get to spend quality time with my old man. But I still believe if everyone did what I and many others do each week, RD and KM would up sticks and leave much quicker. Without fans there is no club to run badly.
  • Curb_It said:

I'm sure once all the different protest groups come together the club will be humiliated live on telly.

This has to be the endgame, and I think it'll happen.

• edited March 2016
    Ladyinred said:

RedChaser said:

Someone will have a heart attack...
  • Addickted said:

braydex said:

TelMc32 said:

@braydex Firstly, Sky will cover a curtain being opened, give them a bit of pre-match "news" and they will generally wet themselves to show it...26 times!!!

The walkout I am not sure about. I'm away, so wouldn't berate anyone for not joining, but it has to be in good numbers to make it "Sky-worthy". We need to encourage as many as possible to join in.

As for Katrien, I couldn't give a shit if she doesn't give a shit. This all highlights the complete mis-management which he directs and which she employs, albeit on a part-time basis when she feels like "dragging her arse in". We want the media to keep asking questions and the more that do the better.

The objectives are plain to see. I think what you mean is, "taking action is only worthwhile when we actually get a result!".

Persuading people who haven't quite got there yet is the hard part - I feel a bit of a twat being the only one standing up - around me - in the West Lower with my black 'n' white scarf every home game.

Give it a go!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of Roland is for good men to do nothing!

I don't think sky will cover it personally. They may talk about it but that'll be it.

I still don't see any objective. A protest isn't only worthwhile when you get a result. If you know what you want to get out of a protest then go for it. Don't just protest for the sake of it not really knowing why you're doing it, or being content with any number of responses.

I think it's very easy to accuse those like me who are staying away of doing nothing. I hate not going to games. I miss it so much. My boys couldn't give a shit about the club I love and I don't get to spend quality time with my old man. But I still believe if everyone did what I and many others do each week, RD and KM would up sticks and leave much quicker. Without fans there is no club to run badly.
    Sky are wetting themselves over this.

Why do you think they've invited Chris Powell for his views for the day?

The bigger, the louder, the more disruptive the protests are the more they will provide worldwide coverage and SUPPORT for our predicament.

If you are unhappy with the way the club is being run, then you need to turn up on Sunday. If your only protest is to walk out on 74 minutes, then you are contributing to raising the profile of the protests.

That's all you have to do. Support the team until the 74th minute, then walk out.

There are plenty of more militant fans who will be carrying out higher profile protests. No one is expecting everyone to join in, but just respect those that are attempting to make some change.

We are only doing it because we love this Club.

Amen to that, Addickted.