Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***CARD Statement - Thursday 10th March***(Ed. Funeral March, 74th min walkout + more)

Comments

• Options
    rowe88 said:

Some more ideas-

- everyone should arrive naked

Hope Fanni comes naked.
  • Options
    My dad told me a story that he was amoungst a group of Charlton fans who took a coffin on the train and into the ground when we played Newcastle in the 1947 FA Cup semi final. Newcastle were the red hot favorites so written on the coffin were the words "Here lies the body of Newcastle United"

We beat them 4-0 and went on to win the cup.

My Dad has since passed away so can any of the history buffs confirm this?
  • Options
    I look forward to watching this on SkySports
  • Options

I think on the (020) 7th minute and again in the (020) 8th minute we should turn towards the the Data Techniques box and point out to them in no uncertain terms their abject failure to grasp the basics of telephone numbers.

Thought we were a Kent club.
  • Options
    Is the 74th minute subject to change?
  • Options

My dad told me a story that he was amoungst a group of Charlton fans who took a coffin on the train and into the ground when we played Newcastle in the 1947 FA Cup semi final. Newcastle were the red hot favorites so written on the coffin were the words "Here lies the body of Newcastle United"

Richard Redden tells a slightly different story in his book Charlton Athletic 1905-1990:

"At the next home match on Good Friday the fans displayed the souvenirs and staged a mock funeral procession around The Valley pitch carrying a coffin draped in black, preceded by a banner with the inscription "Here lies the body of Newcastle United"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walk out achieves nothing, media know of our problems - it's time to hit them where it hurts and embarrass them, not leave a match we're getting spanked in 16mins early.

Sorry guys - great work as ever but I hope other's plans get the game delayed and cause real problems. And not purchasing anything that puts money into Rolands pocket. Just my opinion :- )
  • Options
    I hope there is some flexibility in that we may have to walk out in the 78th or 79th minute if Roger Johnson is playing in defence.
  • Options
    Great idea the 74th minute walk out. Knowing our luck, this is the game that everything clicks and we play well and we're winning 1-0 on 74 minutes. However, we're starting to do the customary hanging on for dear life thing.
    Considering the importance of this game, I can see some difficult decisions having to be made if this happens. Unlikely I know but this is Charlton. A bit of a conundrum.
  • Options

Walk out achieves nothing, media know of our problems - it's time to hit them where it hurts and embarrass them, not leave a match we're getting spanked in 16mins early.

Sorry guys - great work as ever but I hope other's plans get the game delayed and cause real problems. And not purchasing anything that puts money into Rolands pocket. Just my opinion :- )

Read the statement, there is more happening than just this.
  • Options
    Will Roland be in the coffin?
  • Options

Sounds like no disruption is planned if the walkout is the 74th minute.

I am a man of my word so I apologise for my thread and the comments made(although I stand by them that it wouldn't help the situation)

Don't see how you reach that conclusion Paulie.

My reading of it is that we will have at least 74 minutes in which to cause major disruption in various forms - more if you count pre-match and half time.
  • Options
    Maybe the coffin should include photos of RD KM and RM as they are the ones killing our club. I shall be there come rain or shine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't got other suggestions, I'll give you that... But the whole fake funeral thing seems very gimmicky. What are you hoping to achieve, a couple of pictures in the pull-out section of The Sun?
  • Options
    The only problem I see with it is that it seems to assume we won't concede before the 74th minute. Does it get pushed back if we are 4-0 down?
  • Options
    I think it's best to stick to 74 minutes. If it's all gone Pete Tong on the pitch before that some will have gone already.
  • Options

Have heard this before,will do some homework on it.

As a footnote i had afew uncles that went to the cup final that year with an addick,cooking it on the coach to the game.SOMEHOW it was forgoten about and began to smell the whole coach out.So stopped of at a church graveyard on the way back to Charlton and buried it with full service.Have photos of the said fish and group that travelled on the coach.
  • Options

Have heard this before,will do some homework on it.

As a footnote i had afew uncles that went to the cup final that year with an addick,cooking it on the coach to the game.SOMEHOW it was forgoten about and began to smell the whole coach out.So stopped of at a church graveyard on the way back to Charlton and buried it with full service.Have photos of the said fish and group that travelled on the coach.
    I love this story would love to see the pics if possible, my grandad spoke about the coffin, perhaps it was taken to the Semi and then reparaded at the valley a week later?
  • Options

The only problem I see with it is that it seems to assume we won't concede before the 74th minute. Does it get pushed back if we are 4-0 down?

It's a unlikely scenario, but if we are winning at that point, then that might make some people more reluctant to leave
  • Options
    74th minute walkout. What if M'Boro are 3 - 0 up, do we stay another 3 minutes? :P