Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***CARD Statement - Thursday 10th March***(Ed. Funeral March, 74th min walkout + more)

14567810»

Comments

• Options

I was surprised that there were no stewards at the North Upper turnstiles checking bags etc... I can't believe I walked down the road with the funeral procession with a whistle down my trousers for nothing.

It's a tight squeeze down there as it is...

Other than that, everything was almost perfect today.

Only negatives were the farce with the big mouth no shows on the pitch invasion and the verbals between protesters and West Stand fans who hadn't walked out on 74.

That all pales into significance with all the good things that went on today though. Will live on in the memory for a very, very long time.

A few in the East giving us a hard time as we walked out. You don't care about the club etc
    Been meaning to ask, did Mr Tatters ever manage to get his black leather trousers off?
  • Options
    Apologies if already posted, but what's happened to the coffin?
  • Options

Apologies if already posted, but what's happened to the coffin?

I will be shocked if Henry didn't nicked it for the museum :smile:
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

On SKY this morning, they showed another club in crisis - Aston Villa. They portrayed a single guy with a "Learner Out" banner, the words being drawn with coloured crayons. Compare that with the CARD-inspired professionalism, varied and witty campaign to date!

I hope they spelt his name correctly though Pete (:
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Interesting that the club can put a message up on the big screen about not going on the pitch yesterday at least half a dozen times but when it comes to putting a team sheet on the bottom of the screen they seem to be incapable of doing what the supporter is asking for.

I hate students ;-)

I was hoping Mel Baroni would have some influence on this. Everyone at the Bromley meeting agreed it had to change, sadly nothing yet!
  • Options

PeterGage said:

On SKY this morning, they showed another club in crisis - Aston Villa. They portrayed a single guy with a "Learner Out" banner, the words being drawn with coloured crayons. Compare that with the CARD-inspired professionalism, varied and witty campaign to date!

I hope they spelt his name correctly though Pete (:
    Oops "Lerner" - trust somebody to pick up on my deliberate mistake :-)
  • Options

I was surprised that there were no stewards at the North Upper turnstiles checking bags etc... I can't believe I walked down the road with the funeral procession with a whistle down my trousers for nothing.

Only negatives were the farce with the big mouth no shows on the pitch invasion and the verbals between protesters and West Stand fans who hadn't walked out on 74.

That all pales into significance with all the good things that went on today though. Will live on in the memory for a very, very long time.

A few in the East giving us a hard time as we walked out. You don't care about the club etc
    Been meaning to ask, did Mr Tatters ever manage to get his black leather trousers off?
    Sadly Mr Tatters couldn't get them on. It's been at least 30 years since he wore them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016

Sadly Mr Tatters couldn't get them on. It's been at least 30 years since he wore them.
    Must have been awkward for him over the years...

Mind you, I suppose that, after 30 years, he'd be used to the "air conditioning".

Probably not so bad on Sunday, as long as he marched behind the banner (vaguely see through though it was)....