Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"We" Owe Staprix £38m

Accounts released according to Twitter.

Comments

• Robert Addison ‏@Robontiod 7m7 minutes ago
    #cafc no directors' fees paid this year. I assume Roland is paying Meire through other means

Robert Addison ‏@Robontiod 11m11 minutes ago
    #cafc income in year to June 15 down in all categories apart from "other" due to a rates rebate

Robert Addison ‏@Robontiod 20m20 minutes ago
    #cafc total loans from Staprix NV now stand at £38m

Robert Addison ‏@Robontiod 24m24 minutes ago
    #cafc loans from Duchatelet's company increase by £7.5m in the year to June 15

Robert Addison ‏@Robontiod 29m29 minutes ago
    #cafc losses for the year to June 15 down to £4.37m from £5.94m the previous year

Robert Addison ‏@Robontiod 32m32 minutes ago
    For #cafc fans interested Baton 2010 ltd the main company has filed its accounts at Companies House
  • edited March 2016
    So, Roland, at some point you'll realise your experiment has failed abysmally and you'll want shot of Charlton. Do you really expect someone to stump up in excess of £38,000,000 to take a third tier club, and that's optimistic, off your hands?
  • If both income & losses are down then we must be cost cutting across the board.

Hopefully these results put paid to the "but without Roland we'd be financially unstable" argument. We're a state.
  • So we actually still need to pay a ton of money for players that have been dreadful?

We really are fucked aren't we.
  • Just as I mentioned two years ago, no investment into this club from this man is good. None of these figures surprise me one iota
  • I do think it is all a bit crazy but I suppose he can always write it or some of it off when he decides to sell.
  • Sponsored links:

• It also convinces me even more that a season ticket boycott will have no effect, he'll just make up the shortfall with more loans from Staprix.
  • Goprix can fucking whistle for it!
  • I do think it is all a bit crazy but I suppose he can always write it or some of it off when he decides to sell.

That's got to be worth at least one LOL
  • Just as I mentioned two years ago, no investment into this club from this man is good. None of these figures surprise me one iota

Didn't you also tell us about Delort?

(apologies in advance if it was someone with a similar name!)
  • se9addick said:

It also convinces me even more that a season ticket boycott will have no effect, he'll just make up the shortfall with more loans from Staprix.

Which will "earn" him 3% pa ...

Parasite.
  • se9addick said:

It also convinces me even more that a season ticket boycott will have no effect, he'll just make up the shortfall with more loans from Staprix.

That's exactly why it will work, it delays him breaking even, Strapix' money is still real money.
  • Well,that has cheered me up. FFS! :(
  • His endgame is becoming more evident. Same as what happened at STVV - just re-read Dreke's posts - he'll run the club down and start to build up other business empire such as Hotel, shops,entertainment etc and sell the club, get rent paid for the ground etc. - he might not be owning us at some point in the future , but he will still have his boot around our throats.

So right. My thoughts too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Enjoying this classic line form the Directors' Report attached to the accounts:

"It is the board's strategy to continue to reduce these levels of losses over time and move towards a 'break-even' position whilst remaining highly competitive on the pitch in the Championship

That's going well then.

Whoever writes that crap doesn't know what "strategy" even means. The board's AIM might be to reduce the losses, blah blah but it needs a strategy to achieve that. My guess; and bear with me on this it's radical; losing consistently on the pitch, getting relegated, alienating customers, decimating turnover, attracting ridicule across all media; they ain't tried and trusted strategies for sporting or financial success, but what do I know? Admittedly I'm not a septuagenarian electronics millionaire, nor a failed politician.
    Agreed, have written similar myself in the past. It's like a business claiming that its strategy is to make a profit.
  • se9addick said:

That's exactly why it will work, it delays him breaking even, Strapix' money is still real money.
    Breaking even ? By the sounds of these results he'll never, ever, break even regardless of season ticket money.

Conversely it seems like any gaps in the finances are plugged by additional Staprix "loans" which;

a) make it more likely that he'll struggle to find someone willing to buy the club (assuming he'll want them to clear the amount outstanding to Staprix as part of the purchase price), and;

b) means he's taking more out of the club through his tasty 3% interest charge

This is an absolute mess and I don't really know what the end is. I don't see who would buy us for a minimum of £37m (assuming he isn't going to write off the money he's owed or delay payment of it) and I don't think he'd put us into admin and lose everything so it seems we're just stuck with him.
  • His endgame is becoming more evident. Same as what happened at STVV - just re-read Dreke's posts - he'll run the club down and start to build up other business empire such as Hotel, shops,entertainment etc and sell the club, get rent paid for the ground etc. - he might not be owning us at some point in the future , but he will still have his boot around our throats.

Roland is not stupid. If he wanted to start a hotel, residential, entertainment and retail business in London, the very last place he would look to do it would be in a scruffy side street in SE7. With the added complication of a professional football club.

There might be scope for some small residential development but above that I don't see this as his plan.

The club is still operating at a loss so presuming that is his plan, the only income he'd have would be from the hotel and entertainment facilities. Is that kind of facility worth £38m+? I'd be inclined to say no. And it'd have to make a hell of a profit to cover the clubs losses.

If he is banking on making a success of the hotel and entertainment idea then he's risking a lot on Greenwich council regenerating the area.
  • so total debt would be higher if you include the ex-Director loans, 45m?
  • So essentially it's going to cost someone £50 million plus to buy Charlton from Duchàtelet - £50 million for a League One club!?!
  • se9addick said:

That's OK as it's not a loan but "quasi-equity" to quote David Joyes and therefore RD won't ask for his money back - or maybe he will!
  • So essentially it's going to cost someone £50 million plus to buy Charlton from Duchàtelet - £50 million for a League One club!?!

Which is the number Richard Murray was quoted as having given to fans.

Right now yes. In a years time when he sees that we're going nowhere then he'll sell for a lot less than that. Unless he has other plans of course....