Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite other team?

Can't cope with thinking about cafc at the moment.

An arsenal fan told me the other day that his club was 'everybody's favourite second club'. I scoffed, as, though it's not the first time I'd heard that, I've only ever heard it from Arsenal fans, not neutrals.

My question is, what result do you look for after Charlton's, if any? Is there any truth in the above, or is it typical big club vanity?

As I've mentioned before, having a grandfather from Woolwich whose club disappeared when he was 13, I've never had anything but loathing for the North London franchise.

Comments

• Man Utd, not so much these days though. Always loved the glamour associated with them, even when they were struggling under Docherty.
  • Anyone that says word 'and' after naming a team they support should be taken out and shot.

Ha. I hear you. I'm not talking about that though. That is a crime. Against football and against nature.
  • Hearts, although Charlton is my other team really as I was taken there by @Jack Charlton when we were younger but I was always a hearts fan because of my dad.
  • Vincenzo said:

Anyone that says word 'and' after naming a team they support should be taken out and shot.

Ha. I hear you. I'm not talking about that though. That is a crime. Against football and against nature.
    Know what you mean. I always like to see how AFC Wimbledon are doing, I'd love them to be in the same division as Franchise FC.
  • Feyenoord.
  • Halifax & Partick Thistle
  • Chelsea, Rangers, Hearts, Leeds, Pompey.

They can all f themselves when playing us though.
  • Den Haag
  • Sponsored links:

• This has been done before. My answer remains the same.

Then, now and forever Rangers.

• Crystal Palace
  • bobmunro said:

Crystal Palace

I'll remove the flag when you apologise for using profanity... this is a family forum!!
  • edited March 2016
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Crystal Palace

I'll remove the flag when you apologise for using profanity... this is a family forum!!
    Just trying to liven the place up a bit - sorry for mentioning that that low life, shit-stain bunch of stripey c***s.
    Apology accepted... No need to add the sorry though, the last bit would have done just as well ;)
  • KFC Lommel and now RFC Seraing - hate those KVV Hamme bastards though
  • Anything Belgian
  • Two people in this world, Charlton supporters and people who wanna be Charlton supporters

did you go to the Hearts game for Curbs' testimonial?

ps @Henry Irving i THINK i have a signed program from that day if the museum would be interested?
  • Sponsored links:

did you go to the Hearts game for Curbs' testimonial?

ps @Henry Irving i THINK i have a signed program from that day if the museum would be interested?
    He'll want dough for it to feed his habit Henners, think carefully before doing business with our Dave
  • I follow these sometimes Horley Town Football Club
  • Oakster said:

KFC Lommel and now RFC Seraing - hate those KVV Hamme bastards though

Brilliant choices @Oakster

I can tell that your a real football man. I salute you.
  • edited March 2016
    I also like the new network team that Roly is getting on board: FC shitsville (the FC can be any word of your choice - I can think of 2 words that sum up Roly)
  • Oakster said:

KFC Lommel and now RFC Seraing - hate those KVV Hamme bastards though

Brilliant choices @Oakster

I can tell that your a real football man. I salute you.
    I'm just so proud that our famous & historic club is seen as a stepping stone to a job managing a bunch of part-timers in the Belgian Second Division B or whatever its called - honoured I tell you, honoured...
  • Celtic
  • Rangers.
  • luton and dunstable town