Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POTY DINNER

Comments

• Glad it went well.

Not sure anyone who went tonight can criticise anyone who's bought a season ticket for next year though.

Support the team....
  • Did anyone stick chewing gum on KM's chair?
  • Great night, as usual...

Players, as always, approachable and good company.

Had a few sherberts with Hendo, on my table, and a great chat with Jacko.

But as you bunch of misery guts think it's a waste of time, I'm not going to tell you what he informed me...

Standard
  • Would love to know any insight given, if anyone wants to share =)
  • Same here

Would love to know any insight given, if anyone wants to share =)

• Would love to know any insight given, if anyone wants to share =)

Yeah, same here. What was for pudding?
    Cheesecake
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

Would love to know any insight given, if anyone wants to share =)

Yeah, same here. What was for pudding?
    Cheesecake
    Thought Bejam closed years ago
  • rikofold said:

Not going to quote any player, but I was mildly surprised at just how many were prepared to openly criticise the owner and the CEO, and how many back the protests.

Riga gave a speech that sounded very much like a goodbye, and managed to thank everyone except the regime.

I genuinely think Riga could be a decent manager if he weren't working for a si
  • No need to quote players but would be good to have some of what was said without the names? Wish i could have come but been away all weekend
  • rikofold said:

se9addick said:

Glad it went well.

Not sure anyone who went tonight can criticise anyone who's bought a season ticket for next year though.

Support the team....

But the regime didn't organise it. Jean and Ian battled to keep this a fans event and I went to support that.
    MrOneLung said:

se9addick said:

Glad it went well.

Support the team....

What did last night have to do with the regime?

This was by the fans, for the fans.
    Using the club's facilities & caterers which essentially dictate the price of tickets which are sold through the ticket office !

As I said on the Trust thread re the decision to meet KM & RD last week, in this situation we are in with the regime there are going to be hard decisions to be made and I think (and this is only my view), on the balance of things, it's probably right to keep the POTY events going so that we preserve it for for once this odious ownership have departed and all credit to Fanny for organising it, sounds like it was a big success under difficult circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done Jean. So richly deserved. Pleased it went well after all the hard work. We used to very much enjoy the evenings.
  • Fumbluff said:

Listen dish the dirt and stop mincing about, those of us who couldn't make the event neeeeeed to know
    No names needed
    Who's up first

I heard one player implicitly say, and at some volume, "bottle of Heineken please" - no names mind
    Well, that rules out Roger Johnson, I'd have thought.
  • rikofold said:

Did anyone confront Katrien?

Please tell me she didn't leave the event without getting an earful from someone.

Yes, at least one person I know of. She was, however, flanked by 3 heavies for most of the evening.

They were also searching bags as people went in.
    David Badjumper was never more than 3-ft away from her all evening although I suspect this is because if he was any further away then his response time would be somewhat compromised...