Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***CARD - Call for Supporters to contact University of Greenwich***

1235»

Comments

• seth plum said:

I mean photography projects. Previously we have been told that UoG students create a photo journal or visual record of a football day. Perhaps the club has used this material. There seem to be a lot of student aged photographers involved in picturing kids along the East Stand.

ah, ok. there have been a couple of briefs to capture match day experience photos. Not sure if that comes in to the definition of propaganda.
  • seth plum said:

I mean photography projects. Previously we have been told that UoG students create a photo journal or visual record of a football day. Perhaps the club has used this material. There seem to be a lot of student aged photographers involved in picturing kids along the East Stand.

ah, ok. there have been a couple of briefs to capture match day experience photos. Not sure if that comes in to the definition of propaganda.
    I assume those briefs have come from Charlton Athletic rather than departmental lecturers or other UoG staff.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I assume those briefs have come from Charlton Athletic rather than departmental lecturers or other UoG staff.
    Sounds like someone is getting their knickers in a twist?
  • Oh no, I can't believe the club want photos taken of people at the football match, what utter fucking madness is that?!

It's not propaganda, its business and its marketing, all companies do it, all football teams do it, and quite frankly it'd be more bizarre if they weren't taking photos of fans at the ground for marketing purposes
  • edited March 2016
    In the context of this regime it feels less like business and marketing, but more like the exploitation of children (lined up along the East Stand, waving flags as the players emerge which has only happened for the last three games) and the exploitation of the students too.
  • edited March 2016

seth plum said:

@henrythecat are you not a bit worried that there seems to be a tendency to blame UoG students for negative stuff?
    Cheap labour? The Alan Campbell thing? The Vaz te/Macelney thing/ the embarrassment of the cheerleaders, the use of students to gather and disseminate club propaganda?
    You may well have experienced some micro success with some individual students which is nice, but I can see that being offset by Charlton Supporters in positions of influence advising youngsters to steer clear of paying the UoG £9000 a year to go there.
    Even if it is inaccurate to blame students for stuff, the example (for example) of blaming the Royal mail for the season ticket fiasco shows how eagerly the heart of this regime wants to dump on anybody but themselves.

The Vaz te/Macelney thing - Not sure what this is

We had the Moore/Campbell disgrace and then after all the hoo ha, unbelievably, the next home game v Reading at approx 2.30, the team was displayed on the screen.

The team included Vaz Te & Maceleny.

Presumably, this was nothing to do with the students, otherwise you would likely be aware ?

NB I'm not having a "dig" at you and admire and appreciate your input & honesty.
  • And presumably continuous consent with photographing their children throughout the match?
  • And presumably continuous consent with photographing their children throughout the match?

Consent is implied when you enter the ground. It's in the Ground Regulations, but it's pretty standard at any entertainment or sports stadium. Without it any photgrapi corn video coverage would be almost impossible, as you'd always need to make sure nobody in the crowd was shown.