Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church scoring

Church has scored again for Aberdeen, 3 goals in 5 games, for those that still believe he may come good

Comments

• Options
    Did you see his last goal though? He scored from 0.025 yards out
  • Options
    he is also playing in the Scottish premier league.....
  • Options
    Aberdeen fans don't rate him at all.

Not sure a goal against bottom of the table Arabs will change that.
  • Options
    Oh come on, sooner or later even Spongefoot was going to come up against a league more shit than he is...
  • Options
    Surely it is better for the player to find his place in football and then start enjoying it, than to play in a higher league and be got at by the supporters. He does not ask which league he want to play in, only the clubs that keep signing him can do that. I imagine that some of the players we have had since RD took over would not even be good enough for Scottish football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No pictures on the scoresheet mate.
  • Options
    This proves the current Charlton squad would probably win the Scottish Premiership. I am a Scot by the way.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Church has scored again for Aberdeen, 3 goals in 5 games, for those that still believe he may come good

OK fair enough, I'll change my mind.

Take me to Church and I'll worship like a dog
  • Options
    Well done Churchy-long may it continue.
  • Options
    Didnt Akpo Sodje play for Hibs scoring a few goals for a while?
  • Options
    I liked Akpo. Did a job at the level we were at for a while.
  • Options
    Anyone can score in the Scottish league it's not that hard :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    BillG said:

This proves the current Charlton squad would probably win the Scottish Premiership. I am a Scot by the way.

whilst Scottish football is hardly shining at the moment. REALLY????? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simon Church tries hard and isn't all that good. These qualities are perfectly suited to Scottish football. He'll do ok up there.
  • Options
    IA said:

Any links to forums? If the above stat about 3 in 5 is correct then I find it staggering they don't rate him at all.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Just one comment from Aberdeen forum

Dons Legend

Members
    PipPipPipPipPipPip
    4,874 posts
    Joined 05-February 11
    Posted Yesterday, 09:39 PM
    3 in 5- rivalling Rooney for his strike rate- don't care if they have all been tap-ins - made a decent career for Ally McCoist...
    19 years, 120 minutes then fucking penalties!
  • Options
    Bless him, saw him on a train couple of years ago, looked bigger than he did on the pitch, still useless though I might add!!
  • Options

IA said:

Any links to forums? If the above stat about 3 in 5 is correct then I find it staggering they don't rate him at all.
    My old boss is a Dons fan, doesn't rate him. The miss against Celtic was bad.

Here's a forum thread about him

"his finishing has been no better than Goodwillie's"

" I thought he was rather disappointing after his bright start"
    "Was his start bright? I'm having my doubts now."

"If you're impressed with him you are a very weird individual."

"Church isn't very good but will get an occasional goal. Move on."

They're not as negative about him as we are/were, but they don't think he's very good. While he keeps scoring, they'll be happy enough, but if it dries up, fairly clear that they'll turn.

Anyway, you've reminded me about when I posted a link on here of a Celtic fan joining that Aberdeen forum to goad Dons fans, only for it to turn out he used the same email address to sign up to a fart fetish website. I think a few people on here took it to the Rangers sites, will have to search for it again.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Does well to get inbetween the defence to be fair.

• Options
    That's well taken, first time I've seen that goal.
  • Options
    Large headline in today's Mirror, 'Coleman finds a saviour in Church'. (He scores 89th minute penalty to draw 1 1 with N Ireland).

Not a Church that aisle ever worship in, I was always relieved to see him take a pew at our place.
  • Options

Large headline in today's Mirror, 'Coleman finds a saviour in Church'. (He scores 89th minute penalty to draw 1 1 with N Ireland).

Not a Church that aisle ever worship in, I was always relieved to see him take a pew at our place.

You're a bit of a nave...
    A font of Church puns.
    Would you think you could altar your opinion?