Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q: Who told a club's committee members to delete the word 'promotion' from their vocabulary?

A: Roland Duchatelet, at Jena last weekend, according to a regional newspaper. It was accompanied by the usual statement about taking years and developing their talent.

Yes he watched their game (lost 0-2), on the same day the Belgian 20 were at Sint Truiden. His reason for being there was to oust the guy running the club, Lutz Lindemann, for overspending.

Comments

• Options
    Uh-oh. The one club where the fans had tried to accept him, after some dialogue, and where things seemed to be going well.

Are you able to work out how he managed to "oust" the guy, though, given that he isn't a majority shareholder?

@GlassHalfFull and I could get in touch with our friends there to find out more, but it would be good to know as much as possible before we do.
  • Options

Uh-oh. The one club where the fans had tried to accept him, after some dialogue, and where things seemed to be going well.

Are you able to work out how he managed to "oust" the guy, though, given that he isn't a majority shareholder?

@GlassHalfFull and I could get in touch with our friends there to find out more, but it would be good to know as much as possible before we do.

Because the club is basically entirely dependant on his financing apparently. Another article:

http://www.mdr.de/sport/fussball_rl/fc-carl-zeiss-jena-trainer-volkan-uluc-das-sportliche-ist-uninteressant-100.html
  • Options
    Thanks, will whack into Google and make sure I've grasped all that.

• Options
    I'm enjoying the translation of this: https://translate.google.com/translate?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://otz.de/web/zgt/sport-news/detail/-/specific/Lindemann-tritt-nach-Gesellschafterversammlung-des-FC-Carl-Zeiss-Jena-zurueck-753512610.

Does this sound eerily familiar (though worrying that Roly got a bit of a thrill - and I see where the viral video came from)?

In this starting position for months, a conflict has high rocked the of in different views Lindemann and Duchatelet lies. The Belgian was once even a little excited that Lindemann alongside sporting director also president should be. He rather wanted a woman on the field. A really familiar chemistry could not develop in the circumstances. Especially Duchatelet athletic strength of the fourth league Germany underestimated. Add to that the unpleasant 2014/15 season in which have burned with moderate sporting success too much money Jena reported about those 1.5 million euros loss and difficult austerity ranger in January at the General Assembly. Despite extra revenues from the DFB Cup renewed loans from the investor of EUR 125 000 will need explained ranger, Ulucs Extension with a significant salary increase had a few days earlier Lindemann when visiting Belgium added the desire of Duchatelet, the contract with coach Volkan Uluç not to extend into the winter break. The Belgians advised to await the sporting development until April, so not available as in the past in failure too many redundant trainers on the payroll.

It's nice to have an explanation of how little Duchatelets happen....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I saw the reference to RD wanting to appoint a woman CEO - meaning KM before he bought CAFC? If so, CZJ dodged the bullet and we got it instead.
  • Options
    he would have got a shock when he got home then and saw what was in his mailbox!

We were told he was at Sint Truiden to watch the match, the game was at 12:30 so perhaps he flew back for the Truiden game?
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Because the club is basically entirely dependant on his financing apparently. Another article:

http://www.mdr.de/sport/fussball_rl/fc-carl-zeiss-jena-trainer-volkan-uluc-das-sportliche-ist-uninteressant-100.html
    With German football you have to be a little careful not to think along British lines. That article contains the line:

The decision by Lutz Lindemann now allows a restart of the GmbH, whose continued existence is secured by the partner Roland Duchatelet.

As I understand it (based partly on our visit there this time last year) the GmbH is the 49%. German clubs are not allowed to be 100% GmbH (limited company). And not all of them even have 49% GmbH constituent. They told us that RD first tried to buy into RotWeiss Erfurt (near neighbour, and currently a bigger club) but they had no 49% GmbH he could buy. The plan at CZJ apparently was/is that RD will use the GmbH to develop the stadium along STVV lines, thus giving the club more revenue streams. So the club isn't dependent on him in the way we unfortunately are. But they are dependent on him for a plan which will restore them to their former status, and that unfortunately gives him leverage. And it looks like he has been using the leverage.

It seems they have been on a bad run, 4 defeats in a row, which has messed up a bright first half of the season. Only one team can get promoted out of that league.

Wherever he is, there is heartache and pain. Except, apparently at Alcorcon where it is just meh. last home game 2,200 attendance despite being on the fringe of the playoffs. Marko an ever-present in goal, I notice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I saw the reference to RD wanting to appoint a woman CEO - meaning KM before he bought CAFC? If so, CZJ dodged the bullet and we got it instead.

He has got French lawyer Valerie Gys in a senior position at Ujpest I believe.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

WTF is RD doing in football, he seriously has no clue.

I know! He reminds me of this mega rich bloke from the series Friends who went out with Monica and decided that he was going to be the ultimate fighting champion, even though he was was crap at it. Repeatedly got thrashed but that spurred him on to another kicking. Douchbag probably isn't used to not getting his way
  • Options
    What perverse sort of thing is Roland into? Does he just want to buy a load of football clubs across Europe and turn them into mediocre to poor teams that are run as frugally as can be in the modern football era.

It is a fucking odd fetish. I just don't get it.
  • Options

She is Roderick Duchatelet's wife ( or partner)

And she answers emails. Politely.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    A quote about RD buying Standard Liege that may add a little more insight into the man:

On the acquisition of Standard, Marieke Höfte [his partner] told the following: "Believe me, Roland is not about the power that might pursue some other club presidents. Roland just wants power because you can not accomplish things without power. Without power and money it has been difficult to achieve anything. He felt as chairman of the Federal STVV not always taken seriously. What then is wrong to strive that people do take into account what you say? His next project, a Benelux competition, now makes just more likely."

So he's a visionary, with an agenda entirely of his own making that baffles anyone with normal expectations. Maybe he built the whole network partly with the idea that he wants to reform European football by example and the network would give him more political clout within the game. If so, how wrong can you be?

But it might explain the apparent obsession with breaking even - in RD's eyes, making clubs profitable his own way is necessary in order to have the moral high ground when crusading for a better way to run football. Getting promoted is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Hopefully the prefix "self" hasn't also been banned otherwise our CEO really will be left high and dry.
  • Options

She is Roderick Duchatelet's wife ( or partner)

And she answers emails. Politely.
    Wait until he finds out, it will hit the fan big time. ;)
  • Options
    Talk about picking up an albatross.. Of all the morons that we could have ended up with... I mean we've talked it over and over and over again and we all know what he is doing ... We surely now have the worst owner in the world game.. I mean Vincent Tan has even changed the kits back to blue...

It's so typical!

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Prague, you there? Things have not calmed down at Jena. Did you meet Chris Forster, the "Volunteer CEO" when you went to Jena? Did you know he is a senior management figure (CFO) for RD at X-Fab? Anyway, it seems the power struggle is not finished and RD is not getting it all his own way there.

Google translate version:

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.thueringer-allgemeine.de/startseite/detail/-/specific/Aufsichtsrat-setzt-zwei-Praesidiumsmitglieder-beim-FC-Carl-Zeiss-Jena-ab-1528111644

Google translate has fun with German surnames. Forster sometimes comes out as "ranger" and a guy called Kraus appears as "crinkly". :lol:

Original:

http://www.thueringer-allgemeine.de/startseite/detail/-/specific/Aufsichtsrat-setzt-zwei-Praesidiumsmitglieder-beim-FC-Carl-Zeiss-Jena-ab-1528111644
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    News of redevelopment of Jena stadium

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/regionalliga/startseite/647956/artikel_in-jena-wird-fruehestens-2018-gebaut.html

03.23.2016, 11:36 am
    City accepts plan changes
    In Jena earliest in 2018 will be built

FC Carl Zeiss Jena wants to rebuild its stadium into a pure football arena. Until then, however, for some time will pull the country. For the city of Jena has revised the development plan in order to operate the new Ernst-Abbe-Sportfeld better. The construction begins with the earliest 2018th

Dresden, Magdeburg and Halle have new stadiums, in Chemnitz, Aue and the Thuringian rivals Rot-Weiss Erfurt is currently under construction. Something is going on in the stadium landscape in the new Länder. The fans of FC Carl Zeiss have to wait further.

This is because the current plan changes, there is a delay of about half a year before the project will be realized. "The project can be better by the Neuauslage" City Planning Department Denis Peisker said (Green) to the changes and holds a groundbreaking ceremony in 2018 continue to be realistic.

Among other things now flows on the part of FC Carl Zeiss an aspect to demolish the dilapidated buildings of his youth training center next to the stadium. The junior teams could instead to stay in the catacombs of the grandstands, explains CEO Chris Förster. The demolition would also create space for the security forces and the visiting fans could perhaps come under the north grandstand. What would mean that the home fans could inhabit them preferred South Bend. The FCC supporters had recently advertised in a postcard campaign ( "Südkurve remain") in the city for their whereabouts in this sector.

Higher Tribune - Lower Costs

A compromise will however give in terms of height Stadium. So far, the inventory of temporary protection grandstand is 19 meters high, the third division would like to raise it to 25 meters - it runs well beyond a compromise (21 meters).

The bottom line is expected in Jena after the schedule changes at a lower cost. "The optimization and new flexibility in the East Stand cause construction costs are lower and better operation is possible," Forster is quoted in the "Thüringer Allgemeine". The state of Thuringia will contribute eleven million euros, the city of Jena ten million euros. In addition, provides the shareholders of FC Carl Zeiss, Roland Duchatelet, up to seven million euros in prospect. "In a few years no one asks if the stadium was six months sooner or later finished," says Forster.