Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is winning overrated?

I think football fans get too hung up on winning games and maybe as Charlton fans we should look for positives elsewhere. Maybe we should celebrate draws more or games where we only lose by the odd goal.
We only lost 4 times in February and in our last 17 games have avoided defeat in 7 of them.

I accept the two game winning streak under KF was exciting but we can't realistically expect to go on these sort of runs too often.

It's been a funny old season but there have been a lot of positives and the innovative thinking of our CEO has challenged a lot of the existing philosophies in football. The fan sofa is just one example of how to engage fans and despite the resistance of a vocal minority of our fanbase she's stuck doggedly to her ideals.

I'm proud of the way the club is being run and I urge any reasonable supporters to get behind our owners to show the 2% that we won't be bullied.

Comments

• Options
    I know this post was tongue in cheek.

But now I have come to accept that we are going down I was able to go to the match not too worried about the result. I just wanted something to cheer about at some point in the match and a good game to watch before a nice healthy bit of protesting! And boy did we get it! What a cracker of a match! Plenty to shout about!
  • Options
    What's a tunnel jump daddy ?

shut up, it so last year.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I think I've heard of this winning, isnt it what customers expect from non-Belgian clubs?.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

What's a tunnel jump daddy ?

shut up, it so last year.

I've also heard of this, Isnt it when a daddy actor and a mummy actor, who both love each other (and money) are paid by a very clever woman, in a suit and odd chunky necklaces, to walk out of the tunnel, and jump each other on the Valley pitch in an unsuccesful attempt to update our family image? Unfortunately not everyone lives very happily forever.....The end ( do not collect three points and go all the way back to division three....)
  • Options
    And since we want to be a very nice club, we can enjoy watching those happy away fans celebrating a win, knowing that we're above that sort of thing.
  • Options

And since we want to be a very nice club, we can enjoy watching those happy away fans celebrating a win, knowing that we're above that sort of thing.

Exactly - nice to see somebody understands the new philosophy. Speaking to KM she feels football has been far too tribal in the past - it's about entertainment not results.
    We need to get rid of a lot of our older support and concentrate more on making a trip to the Valley a jolly nice day out.
    It got a bit crowded sometimes in the past and noisy but now there's much more room. We need to chill out about the results and just enjoy the spectacle.
  • Options
    And all that horrid jostling and shoving in our penalty box at corners and free-kicks- I'm glad we have stopped doing that as it set a very bad example to young customers.
  • Options
    Getting a draw these days is almost too much excitement. If we won at The Valley we'd probably need more St John's Ambulance people to look after our fans.
  • Options
    Dead last is the new come first.