Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks advertising for new chief scout just five months after Phil Chapple left

2»

Comments

• The salary is low, IMHO. They won't get anyone half decent for that ...
  • Quite a speedy response, by Katrien's standards, considering it took over two years to find a Head of Comms

My personal view is that this is a result of Roland's visit two weeks ago when he said we need to be better at recruiting in England (wow, what a genius he is).

Making Mark Stow cover both roles would clearly mean he couldn't do either to the best of his ability so this is good news, too late and reactive as ever as it might be.

On the VOTV website since Thursday ... :-)
    I know but no one reads that so I lifted it for here : - )
    Thanks Colin!
  • Lommel (KF's new club) are probably big enough that they don't want KF moonlighting for RD, so does this reflect a situation where KF is fully out of the network and no longer RD's football mastermind (temporarily or permanently)? We can but hope...
  • From VOTVONLINE

Quite a speedy response, by Katrien's standards, considering it took over two years to find a Head of Comms

My personal view is that this is a result of Roland's visit two weeks ago when he said we need to be better at recruiting in England (wow, what a genius he is).

Making Mark Stow cover both roles would clearly mean he couldn't do either to the best of his ability so this is good news, too late and reactive as ever as it might be.

Agree - but probably spurred on by Riga too?

I noted the following:

Extensive knowledge of European football & talent and the structure and organisation
    of Club’s and academy football for the recruitment of players (E).

Indicates - unless this is standard in JD's of this type (I wouldn't know) - that we will still have quite a few players recruited from outside the British Isles.

Still, it's positive.
  • I'll give it a go....

And that's why

"Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are
    unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I think you over estimate the number of professional people that would touch CAFC with a barge pole at the moment.

• Did they advertise this role on the OS?