Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

extras

did anyone see it last night? or any episode this series?

gotta say last nights was my favourite by far.

how he manages to get the celebrities to do what they do, i'll never know, but brilliant.

ronnie corbett was the biggest shock!

Comments

• Options
    You mean extras Tanya !

Was very funny last night when they caught Ronnie Corbett doing gear in the bogs
  • Options
    D'oh!!!
  • Options
    i find it a bit like seinfeld,but in slow motion.
  • Options
    Big fan of the Office.

Personal favourite for me is the Quiz night in series 1 or the opening episode of series 2. Extras is ok, to me it seems that Gervais plays a slightly watered down version of Brent.

Superb stuff
  • Options
    Liked them both. Gervais plays what amount to warped versions of his stand-up persona in both of the sitcom's. I find I prefer Extra's to the office as the humour is more laughter inducing than in the office with tended to provoke a 'my god, did he really just say that' type of response.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    whoops, yes

shag> it also took me a few minutes to work out what you meant by tanya!
    how is ol' blue eyes
  • Options
    I missed it, but have found Extras to be a bit inconsistent this series.

Here's a really good review which sums it up for me:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/organgrinder/2006/09/extras_work_needed_ricky.html
  • Options
    Was great last night, loved Corbett!
  • Options
    [cite] suzisausage:[/cite]how he manages to get the celebrities to do what they do, i'll never know, but brilliant. ronnie corbett was the biggest shock!

Just nearly fell out of my seat when i saw Robert di Niro! Not a great fan of RG but got to agree- how the hell does he get those guests!
  • Options
    Lindsay was great as well.

Been an excellent series, really come off well, and put Steven Merchant up the front and getting the credit for a change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would disagree, the last two episodes have been very weak. The problem is that the Andy Milman character is not as likeable as he was in the first series and the first few episodes of this one, once you lose the empathy with the character it loses some of it's appeal.
  • Options
    but i personally like the fact its grown to give more characters more prominent parts.
  • Options
    Steve Merchant and Barry are by far the two best things on it but i didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as last series
  • Options
    It just makes me cringe, the way he tried to get out of going to Hospital to see the sick Kid had me holding my pillow in front of my face, could not bear to watch. I just don't know how he gets the guests to send themselves up the way they do, brilliant stuff.
  • Options
    Does anyone else know of a character from the police extras episode. The one with Samuel L Jackson.

I'm referring to the character that looks a bit like Russel Slade.

It's a situation at work where someone assumes me and him are friends. Tells me his life story, and informs me about things that I really don't give a shit about. 
    I was probably too polite at the start.

If we go to a pub....I think it would possibly be the most depressing regretful experience. I would want to jump down a hole.

I have tried to be his mate as I sort of felt sorry for him, but he's just a weird lazy bastard who doesn't help himself.

There isn't really an easy polite way to tell him I want absolutely nothing do with him and he should mind his own business.

Anyone else experience a similar sort of obstacle?

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Dave2l said:
    Does anyone else know of a character from the police extras episode. The one with Samuel L Jackson.

It's a situation at work where someone assumes me and him are friends. Tells me his life story, and informs me about things that I really don't give a shit about. 

If we go to a pub....I think it would possibly be the most depressing regretful experience. I would want to jump down a hole.

I have tried to be his mate as I sort of felt sorry for him, but he's just a weird lazy bastard who doesn't help himself.

There isn't really an easy polite way to tell him I want absolutely nothing do with him and he should mind his own business.

He’s called Dullard.
  • Options
    Just tell him straight, but be polite.
  • Options
    You could try wearing this at work:

BUTTON PIN SHUT up leave me alone I39m not deaf I39m just ignoring you stupid  dumb - 271  PicClick UK
  • Options
    Just tell him straight, but be polite.
    Or get @blackpool72 to go down the cat route on him. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Has he bought you tickets to a musical yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The scene with George Michael is one of my all time favourites in British comedy. 

How he managed to persuade him to play that part blows my mind.
  • Options
    I remember Gervais being interviewed at the time and saying most celebs were happy to do it as they could be as crazy/unhinged/lewd/inappropriate as they liked, safe in the knowledge that everyone knew it wasn’t really ‘them’. Of course, in cases such as GM’s, the scenes were a little closer to reality.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    The scene with George Michael is one of my all time favourites in British comedy. 

How he managed to persuade him to play that part blows my mind.
    Because when he said ‘Extras’ George thought he meant ‘extras…’ 😉
  • Options
    Stephen Spiers
  • Options
    Yeah he is one of Ricky Gervais' go-to people 

Last seen posting letters in the dog shit bin on AfterLife