Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holiday to Turkey

Comments

• I'm off to the Sensatori in Fetihye beginning of June. Not going to let a few nutters put me off doing what I enjoy doing.
  • Been to Kalkan via Istanbul or Dalaman every year for the past four years and had absolutely no issues. Many are right when they say it is dead, it is. Tourists are going to alternative places, and the locals know why. They find it frustrating because they know how safe it is.

I know I have less chance of being attacked on the beach in southern Turkey than I do on the tube I take everyday to work. It's a fantastic place and I thoroughly recommend you go. The smaller towns such as Kas or Kalkan will be safer still, as these aren't popular holiday destinations, but nonetheless have fantastic restaurants, beautiful marinas and you'll be able to relax. Also just a short drive away from Patara beach.
  • I think you may be ok this year. I think it will be next year Turkey will become a no-go area. ISIS have yet again worked hard to hammer another nail into Egypt's tourism coffin and once that has been fully destroyed and all the unemployed Egyptians are forced to earn money by signing up to be members of ISIS, they will move onto Morocco and Turkey in order to achieve the same result.
  • WSS said:

I'm off to The Valley beginning of August. Not going to let a few nutters put me off doing what I enjoy doing.

• braydex said:

I think you may be ok this year. I think it will be next year Turkey will become a no-go area. ISIS have yet again worked hard to hammer another nail into Egypt's tourism coffin and once that has been fully destroyed and all the unemployed Egyptians are forced to earn money by signing up to be members of ISIS, they will move onto Morocco and Turkey in order to achieve the same result.

Right, lose job, join ISIS, that's how it works !
  • I'm on my last night of 10 at Antalyas Lara beach, my 6th visit in the last 7 yrs and never had a problem.
  • I'm on my last night of 10 at Antalyas Lara beach, my 6th visit in the last 7 yrs and never had a problem.

Good to know thanks. Looking forward to going on Tuesday. What's the weather like?

Good to know thanks. Looking forward to going on Tuesday. What's the weather like?
    Couple of days with a bit of cloud, but generally very hot and only getting hotter. Enjoy.
  • Sponsored links:

I'm on my last night of 10 at Antalyas Lara beach, my 6th visit in the last 7 yrs and never had a problem.

He's not sure, he spent the last 10 nights in the panic room at the hotel...
    Dear CL having a great time, wish you were here.image
  • Just an update.

A wonderful 2 week break at the Sensatori. I had my doubts about going to Turkey but it was wonderful. Felt completely safe the whole time.

If, like I was, you're unsure about going to Turkey, stop hesitating & get out there!

• There was an article on bbc last week on how uk visitors down 40% and Russian visitor down 95% following their jet plane being shot down. Apparently Putin banned tour operators from selling Turkish holidays.
  • We were close to going sensatori this summer as great deal but could only get flights that landed at 1am the week we needed.
  • Just an update.

A wonderful 2 week break at the Sensatori. I had my doubts about going to Turkey but it was wonderful. Felt completely safe the whole time.

If, like I was, you're unsure about going to Turkey, stop hesitating & get out there!

I just got back from the Sensatori in Fethiye today.

Great holiday, superb hotel and some of the best staff I've had on a AI holiday.
  • Off to mamaris on the 2nd of July . Been gumbet/ bodrum before and enjoyed it so hopefully this will be just as good
  • Multiple explosions reported at Istanbul airport this evening.
  • Oh Jeez - please God no.
  • 10 people reported dead dozens injured , two suicide bombers
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh Dear RIP, I said I was wary of going to Turkey.
  • Sadly now 28 deceased.
  • 50 Jean now terrible
  • 50 Jean now terrible

Poor, poor souls.

• Been reduced to 31 but that could rise Turkish officials have said
  • What are people's thoughts on Turkey for a holiday at the moment?

I won't lie. I've left booking this year's holiday late this year, and we've got to go in mid August!
    Wasn't going to consider it this year and the wife's not too keen because of the obvious.
    We travelled to Belek in 2015 and had a cracking time.
    I've just had a sneaky look and there are some great deals.
  • We went twice last year and had a good time, although if I'm honest, prefer Spain. Before we left the concern was that things could escalate out there and the holiday would be in jeopardy. Wouldn't go again tbh.
  • What are people's thoughts on Turkey for a holiday at the moment?

I won't lie. I've left booking this year's holiday late this year, and we've got to go in mid August!
    Wasn't going to consider it this year and the wife's not too keen because of the obvious.
    We travelled to Belek in 2015 and had a cracking time.
    I've just had a sneaky look and there are some great deals.

I was very unsure about going to Turkey last year & nearly cancelled. In the end, I had a wonderful holiday, felt completely safe the whole time & wouldn't hesitate to go back.
  • Have holidayed in Turkey last 5 years near Marmaris. Have never felt or seen any troubles and have felt very safe there. Security at Dalaman airport excellent. Working in London every day, and following recent events, which is safest?