Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When did RD say "he wasn't bothered whether Charlton won or not"

At last night's Bromley meeting, someone stated the above & others said it was news to them.

I was wondering if anyone can provide evidence/recall when RD said this please.

I'm confident someone will be able to.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Options
    He said it to Jimmy Stone I think mate.
  • Options
    If or when he said that, it has to be the most stupid bizarre thing a football club owner could possibly openly admit. Its so strange it cant be true...so I'm anticipating the evidence provided to suggest he did in-fact say this.

We know he thinks it at least, the actions speaking louder then words ever could, or he doesn't care whether Charlton win or not...really that much. Sounds like how I'm starting to increasingly feel around 3pm most Saturdays.
  • Options
    he definetly said when he first took over. It was in the first week. I remembe reading the article in which he said it.
  • Options
    Im sure he said it.....cant remember exact words, but along the lines of its "not about winning as that doesn't matter" ......unless I dreamed the whole thing....after-all we do seem to be in a nightmare!
  • Options
    It's something he said to Jimmy stone as they were setting up one of the first bits of press for after they took over.
  • Options
    Looking back, that was a bit of a warning!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I would like to see that quote Verbatim,
    but if i do, i will really Hate em.
    does he care if we have another loss ?
    He just doesn't give a toss.
  • Options
    Know it all Jimmy Stone twittered it.
  • Options
    agree with Rudders22, he said it publicly when he took over the club
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm not a twitterer. Can anyone provide me with proof ?

I know it's a big ask, but it's relatively important.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This concerned me when it was brought up at the Bromley supporters meeting last night. I have heard it repeated before, but I still have no EVIDENCE that he said it. It has to be said the posts above are just hearsay.
  • Options
    I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and didn't get an answer. It is important and no evidence has been provided that he has actually stated this. Apart from what Jimmy Stone said on twitter, and I would question how reliable that is.
  • Options
    Rob said:

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and didn't get an answer. It is important and no evidence has been provided that he has actually stated this. Apart from what Jimmy Stone said on twitter, and I would question how reliable that is.

Why?
  • Options

Excellent, much appreciated. Any 100% proof anyone ?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Fraeye said it for him in a post match, can't remember the exact game, but the comment was along the lines of "lets not make Charlton into a team that has to go to clubs and win"
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Fraeye said it for him in a post match, can't remember the exact game, but the comment was along the lines of "lets not make Charlton into a team who has to go clubs and win"

Yes, I recall that as well.

Here it is.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115123&headline=Feeble excuses from Karel Fraeye after Charlton Athletic woes deepen at Burnley&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2015
  • Options
    You couldn't write this stuff, could you?

If we got a glimpse into the future three years back and were shown this thread, no-one would believe it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure that woman has said something similar about him, along the line of he is not bothered about results, it all just gets lost in the crap, besides his actions are sufficient evidence.
  • Options
    Rob said:

What evidence could be provided? And why wouldn't the comms team member who filmed the interviews with Roland when he bought us be reliable source?

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Rob said:

Why?
    Because since then it has not appeared in any statements the owner or CEO have made. I'm not defending Douche, we all know what he's about, but I don't know how reliable this is.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Well of course it hasn't appeared in any of their public statements. I can tell you it's 100% reliable.
  • Options
    I'm sure he said it in his first filmed interview after taking over. I don't know how to find it though.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Stone announced it and Duchatelet or the club didn't deny it. I have no reason to accuse Stone of being a liar. I have every reason to accuse Meire of being one.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I'm sure he said it in his first filmed interview after taking over. I don't know how to find it though.

It was not in anything the club released publicly.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I should imagine he says it before every game.
    "Dear clown in charge, put the shitiest team out that you can" "after you've managed to lose again, be a good puppet and pick up Carols waistcoat up from the dry cleaners. - he's going to need it again in 3 months"
  • Options
    seth plum said:

So you have the Jimmy Stone thing, the Karel Fraeye thing, and the Katrien thing where she implied that what we're about is growing players for the Premier League.

Oh, and we also have actual results.

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like but I believe that the combination of those things adds up to Roland not caring about results.

He said he wants to make us 'nice', not successful.

This - If it looks like a turd and it smells like a turd, guess what it generally is?