Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***SLP: CARD calling for a Season Ticket Boycott***

12345679»

Comments

• edited March 2016

RedChaser said:

My concern around not renewing is that it gives Roland the opportunity to redevelop the away end into flats to sell off for his own gain. By the way he is diminishing our fan base won't he then be able to do as he pleases to obtain his objectives after many fans stay away the protest numbers deminish. Are we not then giving him what he wants. I believe this to be his aim and all is falling nicely into place for him. I want to protest for as long as it takes to get all of them out. I whole heartedly believe in everything the fan base are doing to disrupt and draw media attention to our cause.While my head tells me not to renew my heart tells me I am letting him do exactly as he pleases and may never be able to return to support this great club.

No! The current strategy is the right one, the less that renew the better see Dippenhall's take on the latest financials in the concurrent 'Duchatalet has to invest more to get assets' thread.
    Ok but if he invests more on redevelopment won't he get more back.
    There's loads of hurdles he has to overcome before that, planning permission (which will include the ACV and possible provision of social housing), the cost of redeveloping the whole site and not least of all cooperation (which it is mooted is unfavourable) from the former directors who have legal charges on the land.

These things won't be resolved over night, operating losses will continue to mount up on severely reduced crowds (hopefully) matchday income and lower L1 revenue thus eating away at any profit on the development. Furthermore Airman and other respected CL commentators have repeatedly said the land is worth more as a sporting venue than flattening and building on it. Anyway that's my take on it but if you want to renew that's of course down to you.
  • I would urge you to not renew

I have only just convinced a family friend who has probably missed less then a dozen home games in the last 40 years to not renew, as while all the protest ideas have been great at getting media attention and keeping us fans morale up, the scarves, the banners, the belgian trip, the masks and those still to come that I have fully supported, I don't ultimately believe they will do any serious damage to Rolands hold on our club.

A season ticket boycott and boycott on spending at the club in general if supported by the masses combined with the loss of money from relegation and loss of advertising money as a result of much smaller crowds will hopefully bring his failed experiment to an end when he realises just how much money every year he will be throwing down the drain to unlikely even get out of a tough League 1 back to the heady heights of barely surviving in the Championship.

Despite how terrible the football has been for much of the season, giving up games at the Valley until Roland sells up is going to be the toughest protest yet for many of us fans but if we want to see the good times return sooner rather then later, get a Charlton back that we all recognise, then this is the step I believe we all have to make.

Well said.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

My concern around not renewing is that it gives Roland the opportunity to redevelop the away end into flats to sell off for his own gain. By the way he is diminishing our fan base won't he then be able to do as he pleases to obtain his objectives after many fans stay away the protest numbers deminish. Are we not then giving him what he wants. I believe this to be his aim and all is falling nicely into place for him. I want to protest for as long as it takes to get all of them out. I whole heartedly believe in everything the fan base are doing to disrupt and draw media attention to our cause.While my head tells me not to renew my heart tells me I am letting him do exactly as he pleases and may never be able to return to support this great club.

No! The current strategy is the right one, the less that renew the better see Dippenhall's take on the latest financials in the concurrent 'Duchatalet has to invest more to get assets' thread.
    Ok but if he invests more on redevelopment won't he get more back.
    There's loads of hurdles he has to overcome before that, planning permission (which will include the ACV and possible provision of social housing), the cost of redeveloping the whole site and not least of all cooperation (which it is mooted is unfavourable) from the former directors who have legal charges on the land.

These things won't be resolved over night, operating losses will continue to mount up on severely reduced crowds (hopefully) matchday income and lower L1 revenue thus eating away at any profit on the development. Furthermore Airman and other respected CL commentators have repeatedly said the land is worth more as a sporting venue than flattening and building on it. Anyway that's my take on it but if you want to renew that's of course down to you.
    Thank you Redchaser
  • Cafcnutter you are my favourite poster.

Obviously it helps as I know you have very strong family links to this club.

Are you up for the protests tomorrow?
  • With season tickets on sale at the ground and online, it seems like they have cut costs further by not even sending the form by mail
  • Disclaimer: I'm not renewing until the boycott is lifted!

However, as I'm an inquisitive sod, I decided to log in and see if my tickets were there for me to renew. Guess what?! Our marvelous ticket site is working up its usual failing standard!!! LOL!!!!

Yes, you guessed it, no renewal option available. No way to renew (not that I had any intention)!

Must be royal mail's fault again! lol!!!
  • Great typo on the homepage of the website - 'now' or 'not'?

Imagine that has confused the thousands who have logged on this morning to make sure they don't miss out.