Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***SLP: CARD calling for a Season Ticket Boycott***

Comments

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

I really hate the thought of us being relegated as I really do not want to be in L1 again!

Obviously whatever you do next season with regards renewing your season ticket is your own call and as already said, there is no right or wrong. Calling fans out that do want to renew is not on in my book!

Just a thought though:-

Roland is already losing approx. £3 million a year (likely to go up if we get relegated), if say he loses another £1.5 million through the loss of season ticket revenue he could be losing £4.5 million upwards next season.

So, our best players are going to be sold without any further investment in the team, the likelihood of that is that we could well be relegated again. RD is a rich man, what if he digs his heels in and still wont sell?

Do all you passionate fans want the club in L2 or worse?

Look at all the problems Portsmouth have had, the one thing for them though is the fans are still there for the team. It certainly seems that all our team will have empty seats to play in front of!

A lot of 'what ifs', I know but everyone seemed to be happy with 'Support the team, not the regime' That seems to have diminished now!

I'd take League 2 if it meant the dude f***** off!

Have you google earthed the New Barrack Tavern for the Wednesday game amigo?

By the way, I was spot on regards their ticket prices for our game eh.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Essex_Al said:

I really hate the thought of us being relegated as I really do not want to be in L1 again!

Obviously whatever you do next season with regards renewing your season ticket is your own call and as already said, there is no right or wrong. Calling fans out that do want to renew is not on in my book!

Roland is already losing approx. £3 million a year (likely to go up if we get relegated), if say he loses another £1.5 million through the loss of season ticket revenue he could be losing £4.5 million upwards next season.

So, our best players are going to be sold without any further investment in the team, the likelihood of that is that we could well be relegated again. RD is a rich man, what if he digs his heels in and still wont sell?

Look at all the problems Portsmouth have had, the one thing for them though is the fans are still there for the team. It certainly seems that all our team will have empty seats to play in front of!

A lot of 'what ifs', I know but everyone seemed to be happy with 'Support the team, not the regime' That seems to have diminished now!

Of course not but if that's what it takes to rid us of this crazy regime then so be it. I said right at the outset of the SIOI B&W campaign if ultimately the Phoenix has to rise from the ashes as AFC Charlton then so be it. This is not our club any more as we knew it, doing nothing is not an option for me and the fear of lower league football is not a deterrent from forcing the issue however long it takes to rid us of the circus owner and his female ringmaster.
    With you 100% on this.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Looking forward to it Elfs, pricing spot on as you suggested.
  • Options
    Not buying any home tickets this season. Hope to go away a bit.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

New Barrack Tavern was a good shout last year mate, not sure if I'll be going this time round though.
  • Options
    I didn't buy an ST this season because I didn't trust the regime and won't be buying one next season. We should make it very clear though to any potential buyers that we would be willing to buy ST's immediately, no matter what part of the season or position we're in if a takeover occurred.
  • Options
    I hadn't heard that Ba apparently refused to come out for the second half before.

Not that I think he's that good but even if he were fantastic if that's true I wouldn't play him again either.

I'd be surprised in League 1 if we got more than 4,000 season tickets sold before the first early bird window closes and is inevitably extended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016

Your record is so bad you are like a German version of me. We should be twinned :-)

Don't twins have to be roughly the same height? How tall is German Addick? :wink:
  • Options
    It's a tough decision my dad took me and Peter from the age of six as he says if it's in you and you care you care. However dad would be right behind me at this moment in time saying don't renew till this regime has left the club so 4 season tickets after 52 years not going to be renewed.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Your record is so bad you are like a German version of me. We should be twinned :-)

Don't twins have to be roughly the same height? How tall is German Addick? :wink:
    Danny De Vito and Arnold Schwarzenegger!
  • Options

I am as yet undecided. Part of me does not want to give RD any more of my money, but part of me thinks why should I let him get me out? I've been here for 46 years, and him only two. My Dad was on the East terrace before RD was even born. Have tried to think what he would do, would he say, "I'm not giving him another penny or the Germans couldn't defeat us, the Belgians won't!" It's a tough one.

I wouldn't look at this as giving up or being defeated, it's an opportunity to hit the regime where it hurts which in the long run will give you the chance to watch a Charlton team not owned by the Belgium circus.
  • Options

Have stated before that the Fanackapans won't renew whilst RD & KM are in the house. First time in 25 years.

However, we shall attend all matches both home & away if possible and hopefully will be able to take the same seats that we've had at The Valley since the East Stand was built.

I realise this will inevitably mean shelling out more money in the season but I refuse to give any of our pension up front to this lot - just keep 'em guessing whether we'll be back for the next game.

Goes without saying that we'll be among the first to buy season tickets once they've left the building.

Support the team, NOT the regime.

People have to make their own minds up about what they are going to do and there is no right or wrong. However, the phrase "support the team, not the regime" holds no water if quoted by anyone prepared to give money to the club
    Der. I am going to support the team by not supporting the team. Go figure.

You started off alright, as in there is no right and wrong, you do what you need to do.
    I'm not asking anyone not to support the team, people need to make their own minds up about what they are going to do. However, anyone who believes that by giving the club money is not supporting the "regime" is wrong. Who else does the money go to? No one knows where all this will end up but I believe that a large-scale starvation of season ticket, match day ticket and merchandising revenues will bring about a change quicker than the current protests and associated actions. As well as the reduction in direct revenue streams from the fans it will probably impact on businesses wanting to sponsor the club and the poor attendances might also get the relevant league officials more interested in our situation than they appear to be at the moment.
  • Options
    I've been going to watch Dartford of late - decent ground - standard of football pretty good actually - challenging to be in play offs - get decent crowds - I can walk there in 5 mins - serve kronenbourg in the bar at a decent price - what's not to like !!!

May as well go there rather than league 1 - if Dartford go up this year they will only be 2 divs away from Charlton anyway

I will now take cover.......
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I am as yet undecided. Part of me does not want to give RD any more of my money, but part of me thinks why should I let him get me out? I've been here for 46 years, and him only two. My Dad was on the East terrace before RD was even born. Have tried to think what he would do, would he say, "I'm not giving him another penny or the Germans couldn't defeat us, the Belgians won't!" It's a tough one.

That's an interesting thought Hants, one I had the other day strangely enough. My old Dad who started supporting them as a 15 year old in 1933 before he was conscripted by the army, as a young man, would've said something like this;

'That's enough of that crap for me, they don't deserve our support, you go if you want son, I've had enough, they're not getting any more of my money, not so likely'!

He was quite a laid back very nice man but no way would he let anyone take liberties with him, so upset the old fella in any shape or form and you upset the wrong one.
  • Options
    I would encourage people to also cancel any sbscriptions to the CAFC player as well.
  • Options
    I've opted out of the last 12 home matches this season. Get rid of the Belgians and I'll be back. Until then it's a no from myself and two others.
    Will the last one out turn the light off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there a chance that RD could actually benefit from reduced season ticket sales?

If some fans boycott a season ticket but then decide to attend the odd game (and some will find it hard not to attend more than the odd game) will he be quids in?

If we start in league 1 very well and then continue to do well will more and more fans start attending and paying for individual games?

I have not got a season ticket and do just attend a few games each season. I'm happy to boycott completely but if we have a fantastic season and crowds start rising, am I going to stay away? I'm not sure. As much as I want RD out I also want to watch Charlton.
  • Options
    25May98 said:

Is there a chance that RD could actually benefit from reduced season ticket sales?

If some fans boycott a season ticket but then decide to attend the odd game (and some will find it hard not to attend more than the odd game) will he be quids in?

If we start in league 1 very well and then continue to do well will more and more fans start attending and paying for individual games?

I have not got a season ticket and do just attend a few games each season. I'm happy to boycott completely but if we have a fantastic season and crowds start rising, am I going to stay away? I'm not sure. As much as I want RD out I also want to watch Charlton.

They might have to offer more "Football for a Fiver" matches when attendances fall ever lower.....and for once, those without season tickets will gain the benefit.

• Options
    All my son cares about is watching Charlton, and I wasn't going to renew mine,but after thinkin about, not going to let the twat spoil my social so will renew my two but probably not early.
  • Options

I've been going to watch Dartford of late - decent ground - standard of football pretty good actually - challenging to be in play offs - get decent crowds - I can walk there in 5 mins - serve kronenbourg in the bar at a decent price - what's not to like !!!

May as well go there rather than league 1 - if Dartford go up this year they will only be 2 divs away from Charlton anyway

I will now take cover.......

been there on occasions. Great bar and can happily have an outside fag without leaving the ground.
  • Options

25May98 said:

I will be flabbergasted if Charlton do well in league one next season. Nothing we have seen so far under this regime leads me to believe they have the know how to achieve success, no matter what division we are in. His other teams in crap divisions are further testament to this
    Be interesting to see if there are any stats to back this up - further amunition!
  • Options
    My concern around not renewing is that it gives Roland the opportunity to redevelop the away end into flats to sell off for his own gain. By the way he is diminishing our fan base won't he then be able to do as he pleases to obtain his objectives after many fans stay away the protest numbers deminish. Are we not then giving him what he wants. I believe this to be his aim and all is falling nicely into place for him. I want to protest for as long as it takes to get all of them out. I whole heartedly believe in everything the fan base are doing to disrupt and draw media attention to our cause.While my head tells me not to renew my heart tells me I am letting him do exactly as he pleases and may never be able to return to support this great club.
  • Options

My concern around not renewing is that it gives Roland the opportunity to redevelop the away end into flats to sell off for his own gain. By the way he is diminishing our fan base won't he then be able to do as he pleases to obtain his objectives after many fans stay away the protest numbers deminish. Are we not then giving him what he wants. I believe this to be his aim and all is falling nicely into place for him. I want to protest for as long as it takes to get all of them out. I whole heartedly believe in everything the fan base are doing to disrupt and draw media attention to our cause.While my head tells me not to renew my heart tells me I am letting him do exactly as he pleases and may never be able to return to support this great club.

That's my fear too.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

No! The current strategy is the right one, the less that renew the better see Dippenhall's take on the latest financials in the concurrent 'Duchatalet has to invest more to get assets' thread.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

No! The current strategy is the right one, the less that renew the better see Dippenhall's take on the latest financials in the concurrent 'Duchatalet has to invest more to get assets' thread.
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Ok but if he invests more on redevelopment won't he get more back.