Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***SLP: CARD calling for a Season Ticket Boycott***

Comments

• Options
    Me and 2 others will not be renewing.

Next season will be tough, but after that at least there's loads of southern teams in League 2.
  • Options
    This will be my second season without one after some 20+ years, this time last year I thought I was losing it and reading to much into my gut feeling. Theres a lot of folk on here that now feel the same way although I still maybe losing it :(
  • Options
    I'm flip flopping. I'm about 80% not renewing but there's a sentimental 20% that just can't imagine not having a season ticket. If withdrawing my income from the club expedites change, then I guess it's a price (not) worth paying for a year or two.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The responses on this thread are unprecedented. These are fans who are Charlton nuts and long term season ticket holders - you just shouldn't be in a position where a thread like this happens. If they had a awareness of anything, those that run the club would be very worried. They will instead be shocked when so many don't renew. Roland is the most incompetent football owner in British history and I'm including the Venkeys and Cellini in that!

To be successful the model is to build your club and fan base - this idiot is trying to destroy it!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

I shall renew as soon as this rotten regime has gone, and not a moment earlier. As I tried to say on another thread, could CARD keep some form of register of ST pledges to reassure prospective new owners that we will be back to support them?

CARD are meeting next week and we can discuss this then. My personal view is that there are relatively few of us and we are all working hard to do the things we're doing - not sure we have the time to keep a register like this.

Unless someone on here wants to take it on?
    Might be something for the Trust @Davo55 - see my comments above?

PeterGage said:

Davo55 said:

I shall renew as soon as this rotten regime has gone, and not a moment earlier. As I tried to say on another thread, could CARD keep some form of register of ST pledges to reassure prospective new owners that we will be back to support them?

CARD are meeting next week and we can discuss this then. My personal view is that there are relatively few of us and we are all working hard to do the things we're doing - not sure we have the time to keep a register like this.

Unless someone on here wants to take it on?
    I am happy to take this on. Perhaps CARD can suggest the level of detail I should be given by those opting out (I am not up to scratch with data protection issues). Perhaps name and "client reference number" would suffice. I await advice.
    Thanks @Weegie Addick and @PeterGage , really appreciate those thoughts. Let me get back to you.
    The CAS Trust have decided to set up a register - Thanks Weegie & Co. Peter - many thanks for the kind offer.
  • Options

Have stated before that the Fanackapans won't renew whilst RD & KM are in the house. First time in 25 years.

However, we shall attend all matches both home & away if possible and hopefully will be able to take the same seats that we've had at The Valley since the East Stand was built.

I realise this will inevitably mean shelling out more money in the season but I refuse to give any of our pension up front to this lot - just keep 'em guessing whether we'll be back for the next game.

Goes without saying that we'll be among the first to buy season tickets once they've left the building.

Support the team, NOT the regime.

I realise for many it is a no win situation.

However, if you are going to still go to all the home games and as a consequence give them MORE money I think you should just say f*** it and get a season ticket giving them LESS money.
    KM agrees :)
  • Options

Have stated before that the Fanackapans won't renew whilst RD & KM are in the house. First time in 25 years.

However, we shall attend all matches both home & away if possible and hopefully will be able to take the same seats that we've had at The Valley since the East Stand was built.

I realise this will inevitably mean shelling out more money in the season but I refuse to give any of our pension up front to this lot - just keep 'em guessing whether we'll be back for the next game.

Goes without saying that we'll be among the first to buy season tickets once they've left the building.

However, if you are going to still go to all the home games and as a consequence give them MORE money I think you should just say f*** it and get a season ticket giving them LESS money.
    Yes, with individual tickets costing more per match than with season tickets, if you go to 3/4 of the matches, you'd end up paying much the same
  • Options

I will not be renewing, not a penny more until they are out!

Nice badge, where did you get that?
    Blackpool have a similar one, this one my own
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

rananegra said:

Getting my daughter to come has got harder and harder, to the point that she would rather do homework :-(

Not renewing and it is 100% about the regime. I started coming regularly and got a S/T when we were last in L1, that's not an issue for me. The way these clowns are running things is.

This is a good point. I also had my three season tickets in League One... in case anyone from the club is reading this and assuming that we're just making convenient excuses. We're not!
    We had larger crowds in League 1, I believe, so its not the football or the League we are in....its just this 'stuffing' regime!!
    Exactly. I hope this is pointed out to the regime who will probably accuse us of being fickle and just pissed off being League 1.
  • Options

Yes, with individual tickets costing more per match than with season tickets, if you go to 3/4 of the matches, you'd end up paying much the same
    The way I see it is that RM is a businessman. Any business (eg railways) that offer a season ticket only do so because they make more from having the money up front than the discount they give you by investing it etc. It's the way banks make money.
  • Options
    With all this talk of renewing season tickets once Roland has gone, can we all be extra careful to make sure that we know exactly who the new owner is before we renew? Wouldn't put it past Roland to sell it to his wife like he has with other clubs!
  • Options
    Excellent work everyone. Keep it coming.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

At the risk of coming across as very unpopular, I will be renewing. I've been going as a kid since the late 80s. I know it's shit and I am one of the biggest critiques of the current regime. I 100% get why every single one of you aren't renewing and with such a tidal wave of support for not renewing, and some of you having had season tickets for years, that speaks volumes.

I also 100% get why many of you might perceive me as hypocritical for renewing under the current regime, and the only way to get rid of them will be to hit them in their pockets. BUT, I'm not having these guys stop me watching my football club on a Saturday afternoon. It's all I've ever known, all I ever will know and all I want to know.

I can hand on heart say (as all of you can as well), this is probably the one thing in my life I am passionate about. I go with my dad, my uncle and a couple of their close friends. I'll be going until I die, regardless of who is in charge or how bad it gets. I'm not saying my way is better or the right way of doing it over any of you that aren't renewing. We all have our reasons, and they should all be respected.

This is our club, not theirs.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
  • Options
    I'll be getting an under 16s ticket, will still hit there pocket :')
  • Options

Not renewing our two season tickets until they've gone... we won't find it difficult to stay away from this temple of woe... sadly I can imagine falling out with football altogether!

On that last note - find myself agreeing with this Doncaster fan https://popularstand.wordpress.com/2016/02/22/on-being-tired-of-football/
  • Options

Not renewing our two season tickets until they've gone... we won't find it difficult to stay away from this temple of woe... sadly I can imagine falling out with football altogether!

On that last note - find myself agreeing with this Doncaster fan https://popularstand.wordpress.com/2016/02/22/on-being-tired-of-football/
    On the transfer window and a Frankie Boyle tweet "Your club has bought some journeyman midfielder sexcase for the price of a hospital’. I’m tired of knowing that for most clubs he’ll largely be right.

Great article and I am tired of going to watch a team of bootleggers getting mugged week in week out.

• Options
    Huskaris said:

With all this talk of renewing season tickets once Roland has gone, can we all be extra careful to make sure that we know exactly who the new owner is before we renew? Wouldn't put it past Roland to sell it to his wife like he has with other clubs!

Good point, as there are suspicions that something like this has happened at Standard. But if PV is involved, it will be fair to say that isn't the case.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just like to point out season tickets are not refundable and you can always get a season ticket mid season for whatever reason or change of heart. You can always buy a match ticket on the door at any point too.

Don't lock yourself into something routinely without thinking ahead properly.

Is what I say to people still thinking they are going to renew. (whether in league 1 or champ) il be shocked if more then 5,000 renew.
  • Options

The responses on this thread are unprecedented. These are fans who are Charlton nuts and long term season ticket holders - you just shouldn't be in a position where a thread like this happens. If they had a awareness of anything, those that run the club would be very worried. They will instead be shocked when so many don't renew. Roland is the most incompetent football owner in British history and I'm including the Venkeys and Cellini in that!

To be successful the model is to build your club and fan base - this idiot is trying to destroy it!

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think they are actually doing this on purpose.....I dont know why, but you would have to be as dumb as a box of frogs to do this unintentionally.

There has to be a reason, its just not apparent just yet....surely?

My Mrs who doesnt really follow football has seen and heard all the Meire gaffs and thinks she is unprofessional and condescending. All my Mrs keeps saying is...they have got an ulterior motive, nobody in RD's position is that stupid, and she (pinnochio) is just his fall guy. She thinks this is all about real estate....could she be right?

Only time will tell.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

At the risk of coming across as very unpopular, I will be renewing. I've been going as a kid since the late 80s. I know it's shit and I am one of the biggest critiques of the current regime. I 100% get why every single one of you aren't renewing and with such a tidal wave of support for not renewing, and some of you having had season tickets for years, that speaks volumes.

I also 100% get why many of you might perceive me as hypocritical for renewing under the current regime, and the only way to get rid of them will be to hit them in their pockets. BUT, I'm not having these guys stop me watching my football club on a Saturday afternoon. It's all I've ever known, all I ever will know and all I want to know.

I can hand on heart say (as all of you can as well), this is probably the one thing in my life I am passionate about. I go with my dad, my uncle and a couple of their close friends. I'll be going until I die, regardless of who is in charge or how bad it gets. I'm not saying my way is better or the right way of doing it over any of you that aren't renewing. We all have our reasons, and they should all be respected.

This is our club, not theirs.

You can still go and watch without renewing,it is not meant to be a total boycott.
    The less renewals there are before the deadline the more pressure on RD to sell
  • Options

Don't mean to offend, but could someone explain how on the one hand someone says they are not renewing but say they will still go to all the games and sit in the same place etc... I can't see how that supports this CARD initiative at all. In fact you will be giving more money to the club! If you mean to support the point of the season ticket boycott, surely you need to not buy a season ticket and also not buy a ticket and attend the match????

It is about exercising different pressures at different times. Between now and the start of next season a season ticket boycott means RD will have to find more money to guarantee the budget,as he will not have the big chunk of cash that season tickets bring.
    No one tactic aline will shift them, the season ticket boycott screws their budgeting.We will need to keep shifting tactics to keep the pressure up.
  • Options
    Is there no 12.00pm announcement today?
  • Options
    Bet CAFC security & KM are pressing the F5 button every few seconds.
  • Options
    Already been announced on Twitter. Alternative programme produced.
  • Options
    Not on twitter, so what is it?
  • Options

They also emailed out the announcement if you had signed up to the CARD mailing list.