Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***SLP: CARD calling for a Season Ticket Boycott***

Comments

• edited February 2016
    6 of us not renewing, won't be back until RD/KM go, as soon as they gone, we'll be back

Want to add that it kills me to do this, I want to go to Charlton, I want a ST, had one since 94/95 but I refuse to hand any money to this regime, like others, on a budget so have to spend wisely but always had money for football.
  • As Charlton fans we are being seriously tested.

This test of fans happens to a lot of clubs, it is our time.
  • I'll not renew, I live local so will probably go to any protests. I may pay on the day for an occasional game especially if meeting up with friends who support opposition. I'll probably go to more aways than the 6 or 7 I do at present.
  • Should we be renaming this to the CHexit? :-)
  • me and my kids might have the ground to ourselves at this rate.

I see Huddersfield just announced Adult ST's @ £179 anywhere in the ground. £69 8-17 years and £23 under 8's

I might go there instead!
  • I will not be renewing, not a penny more until they are out!

Nice badge, where did you get that?
  • IF (and it is a big if) we do renew our season tickets, I would expect a reduction for League One, certainly no price rises.

I'm intrigued as to what could make you buy a season ticket with the current owner and CEO still in situ?
  • edited February 2016
    I think a lot of those fans, me included, were in the undecided group who are now changing their minds about what needs to happen with the owner and his cronies. Never under estimate the power of the football fan. No more words can appease me. I am fucked off with this bunch of cowboys and the less they say and the quicker they go w happier I will be.
  • I find it terribly sad that it has come to this.
    I hope between CARD and the Trust that we can find a way to capture the disaffection and shove it under Roland's nose. Will have a think...

Perhaps something along the line of getting all of this years season tickets of those that are not renewing and give them to Roland or katrien in front of a big audience. A bit like that palace bloke that issued the court orders at our press conference unveiling dowie.
    Imagine thousands of them being dumped on the table in front of Meire whilst she's announcing something like trapeze artists will be somersaulting from the north stand to further improve our matchday experience.
    last home game of the season all walk down to the front on the stands on a set minute and throw them on the pitch then walk out

Penultimate, then the last home game thousands of us do not turn up.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not renewing. Not another penny leaves my pocket and goes to Charlton until the current regime has gone. Then and only then will I return

Everyday Km must wake up and think today is going to be a better day and each day something pops up and by 9.30am she is screaming around the office its just a message board thing.

Will not be renewing mine 100%. The day they leave i will be straight on the phone to order a new one, I just hope we are still in league 1 by then.

J BLOCK said:

I won't be renewing, but the minute the ink is dry on the contract for new owners, i'll be taking my seat back.

Read it and weep, KM. In what universe where Roland doesn't do failure does this not constituent a massive fail on his part?
  • Davo55 said:

I shall renew as soon as this rotten regime has gone, and not a moment earlier. As I tried to say on another thread, could CARD keep some form of register of ST pledges to reassure prospective new owners that we will be back to support them?

CARD are meeting next week and we can discuss this then. My personal view is that there are relatively few of us and we are all working hard to do the things we're doing - not sure we have the time to keep a register like this.

Unless someone on here wants to take it on?
    Might be something for the Trust @Davo55 - see my comments above?

PeterGage said:

Davo55 said:

I shall renew as soon as this rotten regime has gone, and not a moment earlier. As I tried to say on another thread, could CARD keep some form of register of ST pledges to reassure prospective new owners that we will be back to support them?

CARD are meeting next week and we can discuss this then. My personal view is that there are relatively few of us and we are all working hard to do the things we're doing - not sure we have the time to keep a register like this.

I am happy to take this on. Perhaps CARD can suggest the level of detail I should be given by those opting out (I am not up to scratch with data protection issues). Perhaps name and "client reference number" would suffice. I await advice.
    Thanks @Weegie Addick and @PeterGage , really appreciate those thoughts. Let me get back to you.
  • I will not be renewing, not a penny more until they are out!

Nice badge, where did you get that?
    That is excellent.
  • I buy 4 each year for the family, will not be renewing. There is a family of 3 who sit behind us and they are not renewing, so, using my incredible mathematic skills, that's another 7 to add to the total.
    As has been said before this has nothing to do with the standard of football, we kept going through the dark days of our previous league 1 foray. At times then the football was utter dross but it still felt like OUR Charlton, gutted to say not any more........
  • Roland. This utopia where people come to the valley for a day out,meet friends and family and enjoy the football really isn't working out.
    A club of this stature with next to no regular season ticket holders is a disgrace!

Your manifesto was and is completely flawed.

Shame on you!

Leave now.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I must admit I will probably start going to see Tonbridge Angels to fill the void.

Yep, throwing myself into Folkestone Invicta until these lot piss off. Double benefit of hitting RD in the pocket while putting some much-needed money into the non-league game where it can really help a genuinely community-based club.
  • I'm struggling a bit like @clem-snide in that I like my seat and the mates I sit with but I despise the regime and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game. It will be a real tester when my seat is offered at about 100 quid. But I'm out. Mind made up. Not renewing. I'll be back whenever the sprouts have foxtrot oscared
  • Knowing the incompetence of this crew, they will probably still send us our season tickets even when we don't renew (I'm out next season too btw). There will be no escape!
  • My main concern is that the '....just delivered my season ticket' thread is one of my favourites of the year and there's going to be no-one left to participate.

Although, I guess comments on that thread don't actually have to be true (though mine always are).

Not renewing by the way. Will be back in my seat as soon as CARD have won.
  • My main concern is that the '....just delivered my season ticket' thread is one of my favourites of the year and there's going to be no-one left to participate.

Although, I guess comments on that thread don't actually have to be true (though mine always are).

Not renewing by the way. Will be back in my seat as soon as CARD have won.

The Charlton Athletic ticketing team delivered mine,

I didn't actually order one and it's not in my name..
  • Sponsored links:

• We are not renewing our 3 season tickets until they are gone.
  • 1st game in 1953 season ticket when moved to palace sat this season
    most games bored , no ticket for me till the bunglers have gone.
    Such a shame.

• PeterGage said:

Davo55 said:

I am happy to take this on. Perhaps CARD can suggest the level of detail I should be given by those opting out (I am not up to scratch with data protection issues). Perhaps name and "client reference number" would suffice. I await advice.
    There's no problem with having personal data, provided you keep within the 8 Data Protection Principles:

1. Fairly and lawfully processed
    2. Processed for limited purposes
    3. Adequate, relevant and not excessive
    4. Accurate and up to date
    5. Not kept for longer than is necessary
    6. Processed in line with your rights
    7. Secure
    8. Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection

What this means is that you should tell people what you will do with their information, including any sharing (so, if the intention is to provide a new owner with a contacts database for season tickets, explain that that is the purpose, and hold only enough information to achieve that). It looks like you are also required to register with the ICO as a Data Controller - it might be best, in this case, for CAST to be the Data Controller....

Obviously, I'm not an expert, and would recommend looking at the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/.
  • Won't be renewing and won't even 'pick & choose' as it still gives them money. May go to some away games.

Giving up my ST will be hard for me as I now live in Docklands and it's never been easier for me go to games after a while in both Nottingham and France exile. But it has to be done.
  • Not renewing our two season tickets until they've gone... we won't find it difficult to stay away from this temple of woe... sadly I can imagine falling out with football altogether!
  • ChiAddick said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I must admit I will probably start going to see Tonbridge Angels to fill the void.

Yea same. Especially if they get promoted. Decent set up down there.
    inbox me and we can arrange summit :)
  • Curb_It said:

Large, your parents are Charlton stalwarts. what do they think of all this?

to be honest they havn't been going regularly as long as I have but yes they have been season ticket holders since 1985 season. They are not renewing.
  • Not renewing season tickets is probably the strongest weapon we have in demonstrating to RD, KM etc that their involvement in the club is no longer accepted.
    By renewing it is a gesture of acceptance of the mis management and vision of RD and disrespect by KM towards fans.
  • You crack on and renew cabbles.........................we know where you live :smile: