Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***SLP: CARD calling for a Season Ticket Boycott***

Comments

• won't be renewing but would echo the sentiment that it's got nothing to do with the crapness of the football and the 'fact' we'll be playing L1 football next season. There is no conceivable way we should be in this position and it is solely down to the pathetic business model that we have been exposed to by the moron/s at the top.

will renew as soon as they're gone.
  • Been a ST holder since the return in 92 and won't be renewing. Not because I don't want to or the team are crap, but out of principle.

On a budget, so unlikely to justify match day prices too often so likely to have a massive impact on me as going Charlton is pretty much the only real social thing I still do.

Absolutely gutted feeling like this.

I feel exactly the same AFKA, Haven't renewed this season for me and my two boys, its not because the team were bad but because we lost the connection with the club. Its not a good feeling.
  • Carter said:

I won't be renewing though. I only kept my season ticket because my mates have.

I wanted to sack it off when this moron and his shower of dins came in but I aquiesced because I didn't want to lose the will to go, the football has been shit for years but I absolutely disagree with Duchatelet's ides of Eutopia. My possibly misguided sense of loyalty keeps me buying a season however I have no intention or inclination to endorse what this nutcase is doing

Unfortunately roland and km may see renewal as endorsement.
  • Me and my two boys aren't renewing.

The second that Liar and Liarer are out we'll be back.
  • I will be back. When they have gone.
  • me and my kids might have the ground to ourselves at this rate.

I see Huddersfield just announced Adult ST's @ £179 anywhere in the ground. £69 8-17 years and £23 under 8's

This is very interesting.

I think our prices ought to be Adult ST's £150 anywhere in the ground, £50 concessions, £10 under 11's.

On that basis one could argue that you're not funding the club, but funding your protesting opportunities.
  • iaitch said:

Normally by the end of the season but as we won't know what division we will be playing in then I assume it will be delayed.

I admire your optimism.
  • iaitch said:

Normally by the end of the season but as we won't know what division we will be playing in then I assume it will be delayed.

Surely it is more certain than is usual at this time of year which division we'll be in.

• this needs to go out to the national press!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I wont be renewing but I will still go to a few games (never been very good at giving up anything).
    probably more away games than I would normally as well to fill the void.
  • I couldn't agree more, I am not renewing my season ticket or purchasing a match ticket at The Valley until they have gone. I will be the first one there under a new regime with a huge smile on my face, whenever that may be.
  • We have five season tickets and won't be renewing as a protest.
    I believe there will be such a huge reduction in renewals that it will probably break resolve of RD and force him to sell.
  • rananegra said:

Getting my daughter to come has got harder and harder, to the point that she would rather do homework :-(

Not renewing and it is 100% about the regime. I started coming regularly and got a S/T when we were last in L1, that's not an issue for me. The way these clowns are running things is.

This is a good point. I also had my three season tickets in League One... in case anyone from the club is reading this and assuming that we're just making convenient excuses. We're not!
  • Carter said:

I won't be renewing though. I only kept my season ticket because my mates have.

I wanted to sack it off when this moron and his shower of dins came in but I aquiesced because I didn't want to lose the will to go, the football has been shit for years but I absolutely disagree with Duchatelet's ides of Eutopia. My possibly misguided sense of loyalty keeps me buying a season however I have no intention or inclination to endorse what this nutcase is doing

Unfortunately roland and km may see renewal as endorsement.
    I probably worded my post a bit confusingly at the end. I have no intention of renewing my season ticket next season because of these labias.

To echo the sentiments it has nothing to do with crap football. I'm a Charlton Athletic fan, im used to that, I dont have high expectations of the club but I do expect the playing staff to leave it all on the pitch, I have the badge permanently inked on my body, I have seen some of the worst performances imaginable yet carried on renewing. It will break my heart not to renew I have become attached to 'my spot' over the last decade when I went back to being a season ticket holder as opposed to a match by matcher.

I'm more than prepared to still travel to SE7 from Chatham to protest and make these arseholes lives difficult until they slide back down the abyss from whence they came.
  • I've been going since 1967, but I took the decisions to boycott after the Forest game. I won't therefore be renewing. I will probably do the odd game next season to keep in touch with friend and go to as many away games as I can.
  • Sponsored links:

• I plan to do more aways next year, a lot of Northern ones in league 1 but still a few are decent. Shrewsbury/Bradford/Port Vale etc
  • rananegra said:

Getting my daughter to come has got harder and harder, to the point that she would rather do homework :-(

Not renewing and it is 100% about the regime. I started coming regularly and got a S/T when we were last in L1, that's not an issue for me. The way these clowns are running things is.

This is a good point. I also had my three season tickets in League One... in case anyone from the club is reading this and assuming that we're just making convenient excuses. We're not!
    We had larger crowds in League 1, I believe, so its not the football or the League we are in....its just this 'stuffing' regime!!
  • I find it terribly sad that it has come to this.
    I hope between CARD and the Trust that we can find a way to capture the disaffection and shove it under Roland's nose. Will have a think...
  • Season ticket holder on and off for over 40 years (including previous Div3/Lge1 stints) will definitely not renew whilst this regime stays in charge. Will attend the odd away game and watch my local non-league side but still a Charlton fan.
  • Not renewing either of my season tickets. I quite like the idea of having a big box for the last home match of the season where all those not renewing just chuck the cards into the box and it's dumped at the reception with a note saying 'don't waste the cost of a phone call asking why'
  • Can I make a suggestion. If we're not renewing we should write to the club and tell them why. It might be worth copying in the Supporters' Trust so that the club can't pretend it's not a deliberate act but natural wastage. Perhaps a common subject heading like, Not Renewing.
  • I still don't think Katrien 'gets it' , Roland needs to sell up quick, if he wants to 'protect' his investment.
    It will be interesting to see how The Empire strikes back against this.