Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lakedale Road Plumsted.

A very long shot in the dark,but does anyone know residents that lived in Lakedale Road Plumsted in the Sixties.Iam trying to trace the surname of a family that lived there.Their Names were Leslie and Ellen(known as Nell) Altho they would be dead they had a son called Trevor who would be in his 60s.

Comments

• Options
    Can you not look back on voting lists from the 60's ? Try the local Library.
  • Options
    Derek, are you on Facebook?

If so there is a page on Plumstead People. These sort of posts often appear and are often successful.
  • Options
    Good luck Del, sure you will be able to trace them, loads of options to find people these days even if they don't want to be found (:
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

A very long shot in the dark,but does anyone know residents that lived in Lakedale Road Plumsted in the Sixties.Iam trying to trace the surname of a family that lived there.Their Names were Leslie and Ellen(known as Nell) Altho they would be dead they had a son called Trevor who would be in his 60s.

have emailed my wife as she had an aunt lived there who I knew as Nell, will let you know if it's the same one
  • Options

Derek1952 said:

have emailed my wife as she had an aunt lived there who I knew as Nell, will let you know if it's the same one
    sorry can't help I'm afraid, not the same family
  • Options
    Many thanks to every one who took the trouble to reply.I am not on facebook or twitter, so thats a no no.I live in Sittingbourne so would have to make a special to the Library which I will do if no answer is found in the meantime.
  • Options
    You could always phone the Greenwich Heritage Centre or check them out online as per the link below. They have all the Electoral Registers for both boroughs (Lakedale Road was in the Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich until 1965). You could explain that you're outside London and have no access to electoral registers. They may be able to help you over the phone, or otherwise you will have to visit them personally next time you are in the area. http://www.greenwichheritage.org/site/index.php