Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly

Comments

• Options
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Blucher said:

Congratulation to Chris Solly - a real fighter and a player we can be proud of. You can see how much he and Jordan Cousins put in week after week, regardless of how trying the circumstances are. The fact that Chris manages to play so many games with his knee problem tells you all you need to know about his commitment.

If Roland sticks around, we are most unlikely to ever have a good, young home-grown player reaching 200 appearances. In his world, 20 games is the new norm and all Katrien cares about is reaching her KPI target for player sales - good luck with that in League 1.

Got nothing to do with Roland being in charge .... That's modern day football
    "Nothing to do with" - it's his feckin business model.
    Name me players in top two div who have only played for one club and made over 200 app and still there

There your answer .......
    Tony Hibbert
    John terry

• Options
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Blucher said:

Congratulation to Chris Solly - a real fighter and a player we can be proud of. You can see how much he and Jordan Cousins put in week after week, regardless of how trying the circumstances are. The fact that Chris manages to play so many games with his knee problem tells you all you need to know about his commitment.

If Roland sticks around, we are most unlikely to ever have a good, young home-grown player reaching 200 appearances. In his world, 20 games is the new norm and all Katrien cares about is reaching her KPI target for player sales - good luck with that in League 1.

Name me players in top two div who have only played for one club and made over 200 app and still there

Ryan Giggs... Paul Scholes... Gary Neville... all played their entire career @ Man Utd

Dean Lewington has spent his entire career with Milton Keynes Dons, so has Andy King @ Leicester City
  • Options
    Lloyd Doyley played over 300 appearances at Watford before moving on to Charlton (cough) and Rotherham
  • Options
    Well done Chris Solly.
  • Options
    You didnt ask for hundreds though, you asked for players... You'll notice that I named five

Giggs (1) / Scholes (2) / Neville (3) / Lewington (4) / Doyley (5)

@kentaddick named two Hibbert (6) / Terry (7) who despite not being wanted is still at Chelsea so appears you need to learn a bit of maths
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

So out of hundreds of players you named 4 ... One of them
    Has been told he no longer wanted so it's 3 ......

Rest my case

"Name two"

"See you can only name two"
  • Options

You didnt ask for hundreds though, you asked for players... You'll notice that I named five

Giggs (1) / Scholes (2) / Neville (3) / Lewington (4) / Doyley (5)

@kentaddick named two Hibbert (6) / Terry (7) who despite not being wanted is still at Chelsea so appears you need to learn a bit of maths

Gerrard & Carragher. Noble at West Ham. Sure there's others at teams in the championship.

I think the WUM has a bit of a point though. It is more and more rare that players will get a testimonial.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

In fairness, I'm not sure clubs have been queueing up to sign Chris Solly.

When Chris is on song he is a great little footballer. Prem quality.

I'd say when he's on song he's a decent Championship defender. I'm not sure he's got the pace for the Premiership. Sometimes he can look a bit weak. Could he have made a better attempt to challenge for the free-header for Fulham's 2nd goal on Saturday?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Blucher said:

West Hams Mark Noble and James Tomkins.

Evertons Leon Osman

Aston Villas Gabriel Agnonlahor
  • Options
    Ledley King
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Sorry to be pedantic, but terry played on loan at forest for a few games. Osman, Agbonlahor and Noble have also played on loan at other clubs.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Sorry to be pedantic, but terry played on loan at forest for a few games. Osman, Agbonlahor and Noble have also played on loan at other clubs.

Curiosity got the better of me, and Tomkins has played on loan at Derby as well. Sorry @1StevieG I feel bad now for picking holes in you response.
  • Options
    Plus Mark Noble has played on loan at Hull and Ipswich
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Interesting approach...

Going by the responses it looks as though Chris will be involved in some of the coaching as well.
  • Options
    JJ will be happy!
  • Options
    Solly to be charlton manager in 2030 with waggy his assistant. I can see it now.
  • Options
    http://www.playerseliteacademy.co.uk/venue/

Quite professional looking website, based in Gillingham. Obviously easier for Solly and Crofts to get more hands on, seeing that Boyd and Rob Elliott are based somewhat further away!
  • Options

Quite professional looking website, based in Gillingham. Obviously easier for Solly and Crofts to get more hands on, seeing that Boyd and Rob Elliott are based somewhat further away!

Robbie still has a nice place not far from Gillingham. He spent a lot of time down here during his time out with his most recent injury.

I went to his house last summer for his younger sisters birthday (my girlfriend went to school with her). Had a nice dip in his pool, asked him about his time at charlton. His 2 yr old was better than me at football.
  • Options
    is this a part of CAFC Academy or a completely separate, and maybe competing, organisation?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JJ will be happy!

I guess it wont matter as Jacko and his Academy are based in Essex. Of course if Jackson starts to provide transport for kids to travel from Medway to his Academy... then there may be a bit of an uproar ;)
  • Options

JJ will be happy!

I guess it wont matter as Jacko and his Academy are based in Essex. Of course if Jackson starts to provide transport for kids to travel from Medway to his Academy... then there may be a bit of an uproar ;)
    Isn't he based at the Meridian Sports and Social Club in Charlton !

I wonder where Roger Johnson will set up his rival academy :smiley:
  • Options

Robbie still has a nice place not far from Gillingham. He spent a lot of time down here during his time out with his most recent injury.

I went to his house last summer for his younger sisters birthday (my girlfriend went to school with her). Had a nice dip in his pool, asked him about his time at charlton. His 2 yr old was better than me at football.
    Made his first appearance of the season this week, so was on the pitch as Newcastle clinched promotion!
  • Options
    So that's him gone after sat too...Been flogged off to the Gills,be nearer to his part time...if so I will be gutted,but who could blame him really,gave/given/giving his all...undermined by our incompetent SMT...it's only gonna get worse if they don't fuck off...!!!
  • Options

Made his first appearance of the season this week, so was on the pitch as Newcastle clinched promotion!
    Yes I saw that. Very happy for the lad.
  • Options
    Good to see players planning for the future. No doubt with his injury Solly's aware just how short careers can be so he's putting something in place. Plus he'll be able to engage with the children well as he's about the size of one
  • Options

So that's him gone after sat too...Been flogged off to the Gills,be nearer to his part time...if so I will be gutted,but who could blame him really,gave/given/giving his all...undermined by our incompetent SMT...it's only gonna get worse if they don't fuck off...!!!

If the Gills are signing George Boyd and Rob Elliot as well, they'll have a fine team next season!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Solly to be charlton manager in 2030 with waggy his assistant. I can see it now.

Green would be a better assistant. :worried::lol:
    Lovely house.