Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

anyone recommend anywhere in Fuerteventura

I am looking to get away in the next week or two and have been to the other canary islands many times. Fancy trying Fuerteventura but can't make mind up on best resort/accommodation trust CL community more than trip advisor !

Comments

• Options
    Corralejo, one main drag of all of the English pub/club type places, rest very unspoilt, nice markets and people, Tio Bernabe in the old town is lovely. Glass bottomed boat trip good too.
  • Options
    We went to caleta de fuste 2 years ago. Great resort. Not too big, but big enough. Great beach. Some lovely restaurants. Lots to do for kids but not necessarily a family resort. Major bonus....it's about 8 mins from the airport. Lots of little shops plus a big shopping centre and cinema complex (it can be a tad cloudy in the morning). Big golf course, mini golf on the beach etc.

My favourite Canary destination. Recommend barcelo hotel.

We stayed in corralejo about 4 years ago was also very nice but we preferred caleta de fuste. We stayed at papagayo hotel or something like that. Very nice. Lots to do.
  • Options
    +1 for Corralejo
  • Options
    If you go to correlejo dont forget to visit bubbles :wink:
  • Options

+1 for Corralejo

nice place but bloody windy
  • Options

+1 for Corralejo

+2. The beach with the sand dunes is majestic. The international kite festival is great too on the beach but that's in November.
    Can be windy which is why it is popular with wind surfers. You have to not care about the naked Germans.
  • Options
    I found those beaches hilarious, I'm not mature enough for those beaches yet! The low hanging ball bags were too much.
  • Options
    +1 for Corralejo went there last July with all the Greenies, loved every minute of it.
    The nudest beach was hilarious, but there is something refreshing about building sand castles with yer tackle out..........
  • Options
    Greenie said:

+1 for Corralejo went there last July with all the Greenies, loved every minute of it.
    The nudest beach was hilarious, but there is something refreshing about building sand castles with yer tackle out..........

Were Dazzlers balls taped down?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stayed in caleta de fuste a couple of years back. Good beach and just about enough going on. African market twice a week.
    Have stayed in corralejo but a bit to English for me. Great beaches though.
    Have visited Jandia in the south. Hottest part of the island for some reason. Very steep into the sea so dodgy for young kids. Lots of Germans in this resort too.
  • Options
    I'd recommend taking a coat and umbrella. Weather has been terrible for the last two weeks, I should know as I'm on the island next door, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca. Actually an umbrella is not a good idea as you'll get swept away. Thank god for all inclusive drinks!
  • Options
    We went to Caleta last October. It chucked it down all week. One of the wettest October's on record as far as we were told. Seemed a nice place though. Not large but enough bars and restaurants and a shopping centre right next door to our hotel that had a bowling alley.
  • Options
    Go to Correlejo you won't regret it.

Flicks bar in the altantico centre is run by some people I know it's a karaoke place and busy every night. Some decent places open later on and a fair amount of expat bars mixed with more local tavernas

Calletta de fuste is a bit Costa del margate and Jandia is pretty but a mission from lively stuff whereas Correlejo you can chill right out and tan your balls during the day and have a chilled evening or go a bit more loud. Great place

I came very close to moving there a few years ago and given half a chance would do so tomorrow.
  • Options
    I stayed in corralejo and it was nice but il cotilllo up the coast was much nicer. Just miles of empty beach
  • Options
    Went to Caleta De Fuste back in November. Nice place. There's enough to do but it was a bit too chilly for me so probably didn't enjoy it as much as I would've if it'd been hot.

The Barcelo hotel there is fecking enormous
  • Options
    Fuerteventura reminds me of holidays with my Mum and Dad when I was a kid.

Haven't been there for years, but I remember when we went for the first time (must have been 8 or 9 - late 80s) there were literally about 4 hotels on the whole Island. And one in Correlejo. Think it was called the Tres Islas. My old man thought he was the total Don going and staying in a 4 star hotel with his bleached blonde hair dressed like an extra from Miami Vice.

With no brothers or sisters, I just sat there bored shitless for 10 days wishing I was at Disneyland because there wasnt even another shop within 10 miles never mind anything else for a kid to do.

Guessing it has changed since.
  • Options

Stayed in caleta de fuste a couple of years back. Good beach and just about enough going on. African market twice a week.
    Have stayed in corralejo but a bit to English for me. Great beaches though.
    Have visited Jandia in the south. Hottest part of the island for some reason. Very steep into the sea so dodgy for young kids. Lots of Germans in this resort too.

Got back from Jandia two weeks ago. 99% German indeed! Some of them get their kit off on the beach unfortunately and average age of 65!!!! But 23/24 C every day.
  • Options
    Stayed at Oliver beach and Corralejo and loved both. Bit of a 'trot' from beach into town but buses and cabs quite cheap. Lots of places to eat and get merry in Corralejo...........lovely place for a holiday imo.
  • Options
    Caleta de Fuste as others have said is great especially if travelling with young kids. We always stayed in the barcello apartments just up from the barcello hotel, straight out of your room through a garden and straight on to the beach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lobos Island is very nice if you like a bit of peace and quiet.