Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aaron Pierre of Wycombe Wanderers.

I live in High Wycombe now.

I can confirm that we have had the same scout at Wycombe Wanderers last two home games.

He is believed to be watching Aaron Pierre.

Comments

• Options
    F**k that, is The White Hart still open?
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:

I live in High Wycombe now.

I can confirm that we have had the same scout at Wycombe Wanderers last two home games.

He is believed to be watching Aaron Pierre.

Maybe it's time to relaunch the Chiltern Addicks
  • Options

Is he a right back ? If not, forget it.

Centre back.
  • Options

F**k that, is The White Hart still open?

Keeping it real.
  • Options
    So, RD and KM are learning, looking for players with experience of the league we're soon going to be in.
  • Options
    Sounds Belgian, purfick!!
  • Options
    Look at some of the signings we made in this country when we won League One. Young, English players that had experience playing at least at that level, some of which stepped up to the Championship following promotion. Clearly properly scouted, had the right attitude as well as ability, and the club knew how they'd fit into the team (e.g. we played Jackson left midfield, so both left backs we brought in were quick and liked to get forward). We might pay something like£500k for player like that, they aren't all £2m+. The fees were undisclosed but we know we weren't spending millions that season on players such as Morrison, Stephens and Wiggins.

No, we can find better abroad. £1.7m on Naby Sarr. He plays for a big Portuguese club and is a youth international so must be good. He's only made 8 starts for Sporting so we've not had many chances to watch him play first team football. However he's tall and looks powerful and decent on the ball on the DVD so he'll suit English football. They couldn't have watched him get a decent run of games at first team level because he's never had it. Similar situation for Ba and Ceballos, though they were at English clubs.

In the summer I expect they'll try to learn from this by signing players with more games. Unlike before I don't have any hope that they'll get it right. There will still be a squad small enough to give all u21s a chance of breaking through, regardless of which u21s are likely to make the step up. Mikhail Kennedy played on loan at VCD in the Isthmian League last season. He got a few games under Luzon in which the only praise I heard was for his work rate. He's now nowhere near the first team (Umerah has since made his debut) and despite being 20 in August he was rewarded with a contract until 2018.