Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Not another unfit defender on loan?

BREAKING | Queens Park Rangers defender Yun Suk-young is set to join Charlton Athletic on loan.

Has hardly played for two seasons I believe. Why did we not just sign Oxford from West Ham, must be cheaper than all of these other unfit defenders

Comments

• Options
    I hope this is a joke? Fanni doesn't make the bench, the Italian hasn't played all season and now another unready defender? Tell me it's not true please.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

All I can say is that I really, really hope we play a back three of;

Johnson Suk-Young Fanni

Don't forget Motta, I am sure we can get 45 minutes out of all of them, together
  • Options
    Hang on... We've been moaning about Morgan Fox for weeks... We now seem to be signing a Left-Back and everyone is moaning

Sorry but the fans need to sort their priorities out and quick!!
  • Options
    Even if he hasnt played recently I reckon he would be able to compete for our left back spot. Id welcome him in. We need to improve at left back.

Assume this guy will compete for the LB spot whilst Motta covers RB and Fanni gives us experienced cover at CB. If Diarra is going to come back into CM then the above is fair enough in my book.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    It's like they're actually trying to take the piss. The most random selection of players in all the wrong positions.
    Total...and...utter.....nightmare
  • Options
    The thing about loan signings, as the reason they got out on loan is because they're not playing.

And while strikers get thrown on for the last 20 to try and nick a goal, full backs are generally only thrown on when there's an injury.

I guess the question is, are loan signings actually worth it? From next season emergency loans will no longer be allowed anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

Hang on... We've been moaning about Morgan Fox for weeks... We now seem to be signing a Left-Back and everyone is moaning

Oh come on, you know thats not the issue.

What good is a left back that hasnt really played in the past 2 seasons? Like most of these imports they simply aren't good enough or havent played enough to have any form of fitness.

Simply put, without the required fitness they're just another burden siphoning wages off whilst we prepare them to go back to their clubs fit and healthy.
    Fair enough the transfer policy under this regime has been a joke I'm not arguing with that fact... If we wanted a Left-Back we should have tried getting someone in January.

All we've got left though is this Emergency Loan Window... the only reason players are going to be available is because he hasnt been playing i.e. At this stage of the season what sort of team (other than Charlton) would loan out one of their Matchday players.

So we're left with two options... Sign the loanee and hope he's better than Fox... Or stick with Morgan Fox, if its the latter then the abuse on him has to stop (not that there was any today)
  • Options

Think it's the club that needs to sort priorities out, not fans. Like prioritising signing players in certain positions at the time they are needed instead of unfit loanees.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Might as well ask me to play agian...I'm nearly 61, right footed and an old fashioned striker...I'll fit in well at Left back...FFS the guy hasnt played for nearly 2 years!!
  • Options
    I actually thought he looked like a really tidy player in the Prem for QPR, one of the few who came out of that season with any credit. Morgan Fox really does need to be taken out of the firing line as well, but there's definitely a worry that Yun hasn't played all season. Not the worst signing we could make but we really do need to look at loaning a creative midfielder, preferably a young fit one from a Prem reserve squad rather than Pavel Nedved or some other sod who hasn't played in 400 years.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    An improvement on Fox
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Deleted. Too mean.

• Options

I actually thought he looked like a really tidy player in the Prem for QPR, one of the few who came out of that season with any credit. Morgan Fox really does need to be taken out of the firing line as well, but there's definitely a worry that Yun hasn't played all season. Not the worst signing we could make but we really do need to look at loaning a creative midfielder, preferably a young fit one from a Prem reserve squad rather than Pavel Nedved or some other sod who hasn't played in 400 years.

Completely disagree. I'd have Nedved, that kind of class, like good wine, only gets better with age.

Agree that he looked good in the Prem, it's the same situation as Motta and Fanni, the ability is there, all full internationals, but the question is will any of them be anywhere near sharp in the next 3-4 matches. It's particularly frustrating given that we've been playing one match per week for five weeks. Having some of these players scouted and ready, possibly training with the side on trial could have made a huge difference.

These kinds of signings make it feel like we have agents who have greater command and access than whatever scouting network we have. I know that there have been rumors of this before, and that we would be far from the only club, but it's an awful, unsustainable way to run a football club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

I hope this is a joke? Fanni doesn't make the bench, the Italian hasn't played all season and now another unready defender? Tell me it's not true please.

Because Fanni only arrived in the country today ...
    He a left back we need a left back
    Good point. And its commonly accepted that all left backs are created equal.
  • Options
    This is the regime 'learning from their mistakes'. Previously they were filling the team with academy kids and players that weren't match fit whereas now...
  • Options
    I am not getting at Bergdich here. I think with a decent left midfield or player with a bit of pace infront of him, he would cope at left back and be able to get forward. He also appears to offer some attacking support when he has a decent centre forward to play into. Sanago was able to hold the ball up and so was Vetekele. When it was just Makienok and Reza, the ball wasn't sticking.

I know Harriott is not perfect either but I don't know what he has done to not get a place in squad. Harriott and Holmes Dennis would be a good combination as Holmes Dennis is able to get forward from the left back position to support the attack. Harriott can be quite diligent in tracking back.

The other thing that bothers me is that another left back appears to contradict the stated policy of giving young players a chance. Holmes Dennis is a quick left back and arguably could easily be ahead of Fox, on the merits of the pace he has. How does buying another loan left back fit into that ?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He is not a left back Colin he is a right back who also plays at centre half. Your other statement is also wrong. Apart from that 100 per cent right.

According to wiki he is a left back?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He is not a left back Colin he is a right back who also plays at centre half. Your other statement is also wrong. Apart from that 100 per cent right.

He's referring to the Korean, so sorry Dick but he's right.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Because Fanni only arrived in the country today ...
    He a left back we need a left back
    Let's suppose that's true, for what it's worth. We signed a player on February 1st who didn't arrive for 12 days during which we played two vital matches? That would be sensible, would it? Would he be available to train this week, or does he need more time to acclimatise himself - say another three months?
    This clearly isn't true, there are pictures of him training on the OS. I can only assume Colin meant Motta.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-rod-fanni-yaya-sanogo-arsenal-marseille-2936592.aspx
  • Options

The issue is we have signed a left-back who probably will get stage fright assuming he is even fit enough to make it all the way from the dressing-room to the middle of the pitch for the warm-up. And wonder if Riga had a say in this, because what we don't need is another signing he's not going to pick