Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support The Team.......

Chants of that's why we're going down....

Singing we never score to the Charlton boys song

Booing Bergdich and Reza when they make minor mistakes when we are drawing to a team 15 places above us

People digging out our players on other threads and on social media (particularly JBG who is in the top 5 assist makers in the league)

Is the new slogan Fuck The Team and The Regime?!

Comments

• Options
    Well Sammy....
  • Options
    Stop digging out our fans and start digging out the players, who need to be dug out more
  • Options
    Who kicks the balls? Who is paid to prevent the ball going into our net? Who isnt doing the job they are paid for? Not me!!
    We have been shit all season, but its only the last few games the players are really starting to get abuse. Why?
    We have been patient long enough, let them know we are not putting up with it.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Who kicks the balls? Who is paid to prevent the ball going into our net? Who isnt doing the job they are paid for? Not me!!
    We have been shit all season, but its only the last few games the players are really starting to get abuse. Why?

It is surprising how long it's taken. Not many sets of customers would have tolerated Frayes reign for as long or losing three consecutive away games 4-0, 5-0 and 6-0.
  • Options

cafckev said:

It is surprising how long it's taken. Not many sets of customers would have tolerated Frayes reign for as long or losing three consecutive away games 4-0, 5-0 and 6-0.
    1-1 draw at Bristol City in the middle of that
  • Options
    ITS ALL OUR FAULT!
  • Options
    Unfortunately if you support the team (by going in the ground) you are also supporting the Regime.
  • Options

Unfortunately if you support the team (by going in the ground) you are also supporting the Regime.

What if you've already bought a season ticket?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Still don't go.
  • Options

Still don't go.

Have you got a season ticket?
  • Options
    You must be joking. Why would I pay money to the Regime?
  • Options
    I see
  • Options
    I think the crowd have been remarkably patient with them all things considered. Has everybody forgotten what a rancid place the Valley was under Phil Parkinson in League 1? The current motley selection of Charlton footballers (I hesitate to call them a team) is getting off very lightly if you ask me.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Chants of that's why we're going down....

Singing we never score to the Charlton boys song

Booing Bergdich and Reza when they make minor mistakes when we are drawing to a team 15 places above us

People digging out our players on other threads and on social media (particularly JBG who is in the top 5 assist makers in the league)

Is the new slogan Fuck The Team and The Regime?!

To be fair the players have been saying fuck the supporters for weeks now and to say Reza's mistake was minor when he could have won the match but produced a laughable effort is ludicrous.

Didn't do any of the above myself but have sympathy with people who pay their hard earned cash to watch highly paid professionals put in a don't give a shit performance (not all players to be fair but certainly some).

• Options
    I doubt your find a set of fans in the world who follow a team bottom of the league but still remain 100% positive. Our players get off a lot lighter than some other sets of fans would give their team in the same position.
  • Options
    However few they are, haven't we picked up more points since the protests started?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My major point is the whole "Support the team, and not the regime" slogan. Everything I mentioned above doesn't support the team in any way.

If you believe the players aren't good enough then fair enough, but chanting "That's why WE'RE going down" just creates a poisonous atmosphere and won't achieve anything.

Boo the players at the end of the game a la Bristol, I have no problem with, but booing when we are drawing to a side FIFTEEN places above us in the table?

That's ludicrous.

It's probably the same fuckwits that used to jeer every time Makienok won a header, well he won almost every single one yesterday. Or perhaps it's the people who cheered the subbing of Fox the other week, only to then start ripping into Bergdich as soon as he was shifted to left back?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

My major point is the whole "Support the team, and not the regime" slogan. Everything I mentioned above doesn't support the team in any way.

If you believe the players aren't good enough then fair enough, but chanting "That's why WE'RE going down" just creates a poisonous atmosphere and won't achieve anything.

Boo the players at the end of the game a la Bristol, I have no problem with, but booing when we are drawing to a side FIFTEEN places above us in the table?

That's ludicrous.

It's probably the same fuckwits that used to jeer every time Makienok won a header, well he won almost every single one yesterday. Or perhaps it's the people who cheered the subbing of Fox the other week, only to then start ripping into Bergdich as soon as he was shifted to left back?

I think you miss the point. Lots don't give a shit for the team or results. Regime change is all that matters. Regime change is all that will provide a decent future. Those that don't focus 100% on that are not supporting the club.
    Support the club not the regime or their team.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

sam3110 said:

That's ludicrous.

I think you miss the point. Lots don't give a shit for the team or results. Regime change is all that matters. Regime change is all that will provide a decent future. Those that don't focus 100% on that are not supporting the club.

"Lots don't give a shit for the team or results." No, just you and one or two others

• Options
    kentred2 said:

sam3110 said:

That's ludicrous.

The last owners weren't great either, so by your logic we shouldn't have been cheering the team for years now. Life's too short.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

sam3110 said:

That's ludicrous.

"Lots don't give a shit for the team or results." No, just you and one or two others

It's growing. Just like only a few of us saw what was what way back at Sheff Utd others will catch up.

Staying up will be a victory for the regime. One they will successfully use to dampen many of the protests.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    This is nothing new, baying mobs date back back centuries. It's what a crowd of people do when they either want change or blood because they have had enough of a situation which has been foisted upon them and normal methods to effect change have failed. Football fans are renowned for it.

I don't necessarily condone it but I do have sympathy with and can understand it, given the state of affairs at the once good ship Chartlon Athletic which is slowly sinking with the band still playing. Deckchairs are being rearranged on deck and the Captain of the ship and his first officers chanting the mantra 'sinking (relegation) is not an option'. For some people enough is enough and those in the front line (some of the players) get their wrath. All the pleas in the world and ranting on forums ain't gonna change human nature.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

kentred2 said:

sam3110 said:

That's ludicrous.

The last owners weren't great either, so by your logic we shouldn't have been cheering the team for years now. Life's too short.
    You don't get it do you. The last owners weren't great either? They produced a football team and going to the valley was like going to a football match not a meeting place. Chalk and fromage. If you enjoy the experience great.
  • Options

You must be joking. Why would I pay money to the Regime?

Do you protest or do you stay in the warm and use your Keyboard ?

Because quite a few of us still support the team, don't abuse the players then demonstrate at every game(bar Bristol city, when it was decided to let them spend money for nothing)

We have been rained on and it was brass monkeys yesterday,
    but a big thanks from me for everyone who is walking the walk,

and not just talking the Talk.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2016
    I was getting a bit tired of the stand up if you want them out thing, which was tried too much in the game. By the third or 4th time, people who were standing up for the first two were not bothering for the third or 4th time. 'Stand up if you want them out' should be once or twice a game.

I may get shot down for this, and Something Inside so strong was a joke on match threads, but how a variation of 'Something inside so strong' with held up torch lights on your smart phone. Its a positive song and an addition.

Good to see lots of kids, parents, and people of all ages at the protest. I did like the Goodbye Horse song at the protest yesterday. Hearing that in the ground would be great, maybe an adjustment for Meire / Duchatelet.