Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peaky Blinders

Comments

• Options
    I think it's almost impossible to keep going year after year and keep an interesting, unrepetitive story.

We all want more of the best entertainment, but how many manage it? I think that John Cleese learnt much from Monty Python, as much of it was dross, some excellent.  Fawlty Towers was excellent throughout imho.

Oh and I thought the Soloman character was poor btw. Far too over the top.
    Tom Hardy is a terrible actor.
    I'm assuming that's a joke?
    It was as though he was on stage not screen. I assume he was directed that way? Either way it didn't work for me.

Yeah he’s just following directions. Same goes for Adrien Brody being OTT & really stereotypical – he didn’t write that role.

I’ll watch it but I think it should have ended with a bang sooner. The end of the last season made me roll my eyes.

• Options
    I think it's almost impossible to keep going year after year and keep an interesting, unrepetitive story.

We all want more of the best entertainment, but how many manage it? I think that John Cleese learnt much from Monty Python, as much of it was dross, some excellent.  Fawlty Towers was excellent throughout imho.

No I think he's incredibly hammy and wooden - very overrated. Just my opinion but find him hard to watch.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Think it’s been pretty good so far, certainly stats out good in series one & two and then starts to go downhill a little with increasingly unrealistic storylines.

Don’t have high hopes for a “Tommy is now a politician” storyline. 

Dunno, plenty of gangsters in politics 
  • Options
    Think from an artistic point of view they have wrung the juice out of it TBH...
  • Options
    New series starts on Sunday night, second episode on Monday.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The new lad that will play Isaiah is my cousins' cousin's son, if you follow.  He's from Tipperary, great excitement.

• Options
    Hopefully it can recapture what was good about the 1st season. The storylines have gotten pretty ridiculous with some laughable acting (yes you Adrien Brody). I watch it but think it's a massively overrated show
  • Options
    Hopefully it can recapture what was good about the 1st season. The storylines have gotten pretty ridiculous with some laughable acting (yes you Adrien Brody). I watch it but think it's a massively overrated show
    The first series was based on stories that were passed down from family of the Peaky Blinders, the rest have just been written for the show.
  • Options

You WOT??? He delivers the best line ever in the whole series. People know the one I mean, I'm sure. All the better for being a spit- your- beer- out funny line in a very dark overall scene.
  • Options

No I think he's incredibly hammy and wooden - very overrated. Just my opinion but find him hard to watch.
    Fair enough, I actually agree he is overrated but would go nowhere near terrible, there's much worse out there just as much if not more for their "acting". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Only up to S1E2 at moment.

plots are a little fanciful - my missus has given up on it.
    That should say S4 not S1 ....
  • Options
    Only jumped on to this last year...loved all four seasons.
  • Options
    It is hard to sustain the levels through multiple series, but it is a rare treat for me. I normally only watch sport or news/politics but this is my sort of drama.
  • Options
    I had lowered my expectations after the above comments, but I thoroughly enjoyed E1.
  • Options
    E1 of series 5 was a slow burner. Laying foundations for I hope is a thrilling run of episodes 2-6
  • Options
    Good to see Thomas take in Alfie’s dog.
  • Options
    What a weekend,battling 1-0 win,fantastic test match,and then to cap it all the return of Peaky Blinders.
  • Options
    Hello, hello
  • Options
    Hello, hello
    Enjoyed that tonight, could be the best series yet. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Great episode. That Billy Boys scene was amazing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The level of violence seems to have reached tipping point for my Mrs. Will be watching the rest of the series alone
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    The level of violence seems to have reached tipping point for my Mrs. Will be watching the rest of the series alone
    Mrs SB beginning to struggle for the same reason. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Mrs SB beginning to struggle for the same reason. 
    The first series was very violent, the rest not much so. 
  • Options
    Sam Peckinpah has a lot to answer for ..  VERY unBBC, although the Line of Duty writer likes to pile up the corpses
  • Options
    The lad who plays Finn isn't a very good actor is he.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The lad who plays Finn isn't a very good actor is he.
    they are all a bunch of hams in a very hammy series ((:>)
  • Options
    Pure out and out porcine acting but that is the point isn't it, entertainment?
  • Options
    So far so good...without the previous edge and tension, but the characters are becoming more complex, so am hoping for a good series.
  • Options
    Can’t stop laughing at the haircuts though!!