Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adam Johnson

Comments

• Dropped by Adidas too.

One of the most mystifying elements of this whole case is that Adam Johnson had a deal with Adidas. Who the hell arranged that? Who was watching him make sub appearances for Sunderland and thinking 'wow, Adam Johnson wears Adidas. I must have ten pairs'?
    Do Adidas make Predators?
    They certainly sponsor them
  • This might be a stupid question but... was it altogether one girl in multiple incidents or several girls? I just told my mom about this news and she was shocked. She has seen him score a few goals on MOTD over the last couple of years and always refers to him as 'Sheldon' (she thinks he looks a bit like Jim Parsons but can never remember his name). We both thought he was a fairly good player and my mom was surprised to know he was actually such a pervert.

Don't worry Jessie when he gets out he will be playing in the Chinese premier league probably on 200k a week
    Fookemyoung FC are interested in him.
  • edited February 2016
    C_A_F_C said:

This might be a stupid question but... was it altogether one girl in multiple incidents or several girls? I just told my mom about this news and she was shocked. She has seen him score a few goals on MOTD over the last couple of years and always refers to him as 'Sheldon' (she thinks he looks a bit like Jim Parsons but can never remember his name). We both thought he was a fairly good player and my mom was surprised to know he was actually such a pervert.

Don't worry Jessie when he gets out he will be playing in the Chinese premier league probably on 200k a week
    That's exactly what some people are saying on football forums over here.....
    What's the age of consent in China? Could be a deal breaker.
    I think it's also 16? But that wouldn't be a big problem. Do you know why? Children here get much less support from the law and the society. Here's a piece of information that will probably shock most of you: in Chinese Law, if a man rapes a little girl, he will just be charged with something called 'whoring with an underaged girl' (sentenced to 5-15 years top) instead of 'rape' (sentenced to 3-15 years, life, or death). You can see the difference between the two charges. How ridiculous that is!!! And it's only been changed recently.
  • omg that last tweet, whoops!
  • totally irresponsible behaviour from someone who knew his target idolised him, a tale as old as celebrity. this example broke the law but plenty more besides do not, despite being equally nefarious. the saddest thing is that johnson probably didn't realise that he was being predatory at all
  • Leuth said:

totally irresponsible behaviour from someone who knew his target idolised him, a tale as old as celebrity. this example broke the law but plenty more besides do not, despite being equally nefarious. the saddest thing is that johnson probably didn't realise that he was being predatory at all

In what way?
  • How can he not realise he was being predatory? Just exchange the football shirt for sweeties and you have the classic predator scenario.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's uncomfortable reading to say the least, he's obviously got a weird thrill from the danger which is why he kept in contact knowing she was underage, the sickest thing is that if she was 16 and thus above legal age, he probably wouldn't have gone anywhere near her.
  • Classic privileged manchild. Considers it a sexual meeting between two young people and a fair exchange (she meets her hero, he gets the sex the world owes him), doesn't for a minute consider the imbalance of this, only gets concerned for himself when he realises he might be a criminal now.

• Apart from being a wrong'un, he's such a romantic. Behind a Chinese takeaway FFS.

• Leuth said:

Classic privileged manchild. Considers it a sexual meeting between two young people and a fair exchange (she meets her hero, he gets the sex the world owes him), doesn't for a minute consider the imbalance of this, only gets concerned for himself when he realises he might be a criminal now.

He knew exactly what he was doing.
  • Leuth said:

Classic privileged manchild. Considers it a sexual meeting between two young people and a fair exchange (she meets her hero, he gets the sex the world owes him), doesn't for a minute consider the imbalance of this, only gets concerned for himself when he realises he might be a criminal now.

Oh Leuth
  • That final search indicates otherwise!

There is no way this couldn't have gone wrong. He was opportunistic and ultimately predatory, but I don't think paedophilia was his motive, just sexual incontinence and an horrendous attitude. Women are used by men all the time. Hopefully this case will make a few men more aware of what is acceptable.
  • N.B. I am not saying that what he did was excusable. It was atrocious. If anything I would like to see more sexual entrapment criminalised, for victims above and below the age of consent.
  • Leuth said:

That final search indicates otherwise!

There is no way this couldn't have gone wrong. He was opportunistic and ultimately predatory, but I don't think paedophilia was his motive, just sexual incontinence and an horrendous attitude. Women are used by men all the time. Hopefully this case will make a few men more aware of what is acceptable.

Come on Leuth, I know you have to be, well, you, but I think it's inappropriate to remove the blame from the perpetrator in this case. He searched the legal age of consent, which shows that he knew full well what he'd done was predatory - he's having a little check, he hasn't had some dawning realisation, especially when you consider before that he asked 'when you 16?' and told her she looked 'old enough'. He repeatedly badgered her into meeting with him, using her desire for the signed shirt of her hero to abuse her. He clearly knows she's underage and what that means and he still took advantage of her, so I don't see how you can claim paedophilia wasn't his motive. Let's not blame all the money he's been given for his choices
  • Josh Halliday (from cabbles' post) is live-tweeting from the courthouse. Looks interesting:
    https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday
  • edited February 2016
    Leuth said:

Frightening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Come on Leuth, I know you have to be, well, you, but I think it's inappropriate to remove the blame from the perpetrator in this case. He searched the legal age of consent, which shows that he knew full well what he'd done was predatory - he's having a little check, he hasn't had some dawning realisation, especially when you consider before that he asked 'when you 16?' and told her she looked 'old enough'. He repeatedly badgered her into meeting with him, using her desire for the signed shirt of her hero to abuse her. He clearly knows she's underage and what that means and he still took advantage of her, so I don't see how you can claim paedophilia wasn't his motive. Let's not blame all the money he's been given for his choices
    Not removing blame, nor placing it on money - any charismatic young man can pull this stunt. I sincerely think he let his cock fool him into thinking it was ok, no matter what the law might say. Then he checked to see exactly how much trouble he might be in. At no point did he consider his victim's right to a say in anything. This form of entrapment needs to be culturally destroyed, whether the victim is underage or not. That is the big moral issue here imo
  • Leuth said:

When I posted my original comment on this thread, I put my point across badly & cringed when I read it back. I really hope you do the same
  • At the start all she's interested in is getting a signed shirt, whereas he's asking when she turns 16!
  • Leuth said:

Frightening.
    What is frightening are people (not necessarily you) who get all BURN THE PAEDOS online and then exploit women afterwards.

This victim was vulnerable due to her age and fanhood. Others are vulnerable for a host of other reasons. All need protection.
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Not removing blame, nor placing it on money - any charismatic young man can pull this stunt. I sincerely think he let his cock fool him into thinking it was ok, no matter what the law might say. Then he checked to see exactly how much trouble he might be in. At no point did he consider his victim's right to a say in anything. This form of entrapment needs to be culturally destroyed, whether the victim is underage or not. That is the big moral issue here imo
    For me the big moral issue is an adult sexually abusing a child. And then lying about it to his family and the police. I get what you're trying to say but there's a point where you devolve down to the 'classic manchild' scenario or say he 'let his cock fool him' and you've reached a point where there's no argument left to make. You may as well say 'his brain made him do it'. Which it did, but there's no point discussing that. We know he let his cock rule his head here but that's exactly the problem. He decided that his sexual needs outweighed anything else like the law or the effect it would have on a child and committed a crime. This wasn't impulse and he knew he was being predatory. I think you may have talked yourself in circles here
  • Josh Halliday ‏@JoshHalliday 34m34 minutes ago
    AJ's girlfriend sent him pic of their baby. AJ: "She looks class" – 30 seconds after he text girl to say "I will last 10 seconds tho lol"