Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT 9/2/16 - Bumper protest day on Saturday against Cardiff City + NEW VIDEO

Comments

• Options
    best of luck with protest can't attend this one, going out in the evening so gotta rush home
  • Options
    oh yer also re the flares tell the police to go fuck theirselves
  • Options
    rina said:

the police have asked to us to make clear that they will look to arrest any individual who brings a flare to the protest. We promise it will be colourful enough without them.

Not endorsing this or planning it in anyway, but under what basis can they arrest you for holding a flare a few hundred (at most) feet from the Stadium? I'm guessing they mean if you've lit one.

Anyway, flares a no-go. Who's got the smoke bombs? : ---)
    Smoke bombs and flares fall under the same legislation and the car park is considered part of the football ground, you don't have to be going into the actual stadium to have comitted an offence. Technically you can also be nicked in the street if ob think you're going to the ground
    Appreciated. Cheers.
  • Options
    But please note the timing of his post Fanny.

• Options
    Muttley said "Could we follow this up by printing loads of said document and paper planning them onto the pitch at a specified time. If we get at least 100 on the pitch, I reckon the game would have to be stopped whilst they are being picked up. Should be easy to do as we could all print a reasonable number and give them out if organised so should be cost neutral. If we can delay a match with her resignation letter, that should continue the story that has already gained the interest of the press."

I like this idea, but so as not to disrupt the players/game. This could be done at half time, just after the players leave the pitch ?
  • Options
    Why not disrupt the game? It will disrupt Cardiff too. Wouldn't it be great to see a sea of Katrien Meire resignation letters on the pitch? We have the pdf - so we can ask fans to bring along as many as they can and distribute them around them. If 20 people brought 10 each, that's 200! A good time might be the 44th minute - we often concede then so we should prevent that happening!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we threw them on the pitch, we could all hum the dambusters theme!
  • Options

Why not disrupt the game? It will disrupt Cardiff too. Wouldn't it be great to see a sea of Katrien Meire resignation letters on the pitch? We have the pdf - so we can ask fans to bring along as many as they can and distribute them around them. If 20 people brought 10 each, that's 200! A good time might be the 44th minute - we often concede then so we should prevent that happening!

Agreed. I'm past the point of caring about disrupting the game etc. Whatever will have maximum inpact is the best way forward and in my opinion this is a great, and easy, idea.
  • Options

Agreed. I'm past the point of caring about disrupting the game etc. Whatever will have maximum inpact is the best way forward and in my opinion this is a great, and easy, idea.
    I don't disagree. I was thinking more of the fans, that disagree with disrupting the game.

I managed to get 3 brochures on the pitch against Leicester, when Steve Brown was sent/stretchered off.
  • Options

well done CARD excellent video, good luck for Saturday unfortuneately just can't afford the trip yet again but with you in spirit

Can't really afford for you to be there either haha but you are such a dedicated Charlton fan that I will pay for you to be there as I think you deserve the right to be there.

How much would it cost for you to get down here?

I will get you down here either on my own or via other donations to subsidise what I will pay.

You give a lot to this forum and I think you should be at the protest.

Let's make it a big one.
    That night out after the Bromley game went well then haha
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

well done CARD excellent video, good luck for Saturday unfortuneately just can't afford the trip yet again but with you in spirit

Can't really afford for you to be there either haha but you are such a dedicated Charlton fan that I will pay for you to be there as I think you deserve the right to be there.

How much would it cost for you to get down here?

I will get you down here either on my own or via other donations to subsidise what I will pay.

You give a lot to this forum and I think you should be at the protest.

Let's make it a big one.
    That night out after the Bromley game went well then haha
    Don't even go there.
  • Options
    Would have honoured it though if it was accepted :-)
  • Options

And hope one hits Fox on the head, hopefully he'll get confused and think he should be playing tennis for a living.....
  • Options
    Streakers on the pitch wearing Roland or Katrien masks! For no other reason other than publicity
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

But please note the timing of his post Fanny.

I'm obviously missing something here, B.

I thought he worked nights....

• Options

And hope one hits Fox on the head, hopefully he'll get confused and think he should be playing tennis for a living.....
    Strange.
  • Options
    It's not like we would be throwing rocks -or even tennis balls as Dortmund fans have done. If it was the resignation companies house letter it would almost certainly make the news if it delayed the game.
  • Options
    I think we should stop this namby pamby protesting and get stuck in. What have we got to lose?
  • Options
    Just an idea but how about printing 1000 Katrien Meire masks to hand out in the day?
  • Options

Just an idea but how about printing 1000 Katrien Meire masks to hand out in the day?

Why ? Isn't one squirrel face enough ?
  • Options
    Get a 50ft Belgian flag and burn it at the protest