Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor Atmosphere

How can we all sit here and criticise the players (well mainly Fox it seems), yet our own performance for what was probably our biggest game so far this season was shocking! We was dreadful in the stands today. I'm not surprised the players weren't up for it.

Comments

• Options
    We have to be quiet to let the away fans have a good 'ol sing song.
  • Options
    That's right blame the fans do me a favour go bang your drum
  • Options
    Mate I commented last week if i performed the way they did I'd be sacked. And that they earn more in a week of chasing a ball then most of us in 2 months. But there was no atmosphere before the game or when it started. Don't cheer on individuals but cheer the bloody team on. If none of us could get up for it then surely we are down??
  • Options

To be fair the atmosphere has been poor at The Valley for years now. Sure , we have our moments but they are very few and far between.

I thought Blackburn was much better. After last week's result, you would have expected both the crowd and players to be "more up for it" at the start at least
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Support the team not the regime a.....
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    So why did everyone who is unhappy start buying stuff from the food outlets again ? Don't get at all why this can't be a permenent stance.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

How can we all sit here and criticise the players (well mainly Fox it seems), yet our own performance for what was probably our biggest game so far this season was shocking! We was dreadful in the stands today. I'm not surprised the players weren't up for it.

Oh I'm sorry. Do you not feel the customers are giving enough in return for their "match day experience"?
  • Options
    Ive tended to go through the motions in most matches this season. Watching us play is no longer enjoyable. A majority around me say the same thing. The connection we used to have between fans and players, save for JJ, CS and JC has gone and KM is to blame for such a high turnover.
  • Options
    I think for all the good the protests will do, the real indication of supporter....sorry customer feeling towards the owners will be through season ticket renewals. Suspect they'll be a large incentive for fans renewing by an early bird deadline.
  • Options
    Poor atmosphere but then maybe it would be better if we had more than one shot on target the whole game.

Roland is destroying this club and I'd be surprised if we got more than 5000 season ticket sales next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Losing 1-0 at home doesn't bother us that much, it's just the lack of drive, the lack of belief, the lack of quality and the general lack of passion that runs throughout the whole squad that really makes this season different to any season back before RD, I've never felt this much amount of apathy towards our club before.

Spot on, last weeks result briefly encouraged me to go but that enthusiasm has been drained away, and now meh!.
  • Options
    This was probably the most important game of the season. A win could have pulled us to within sight of safety. It was off the back of a tremendous result and performance at Rotherham. Yet the only cheering that I could hear on the commentary was from the Bristol fans. For Christ sake what is wrong with our fans? Put your hatred for the regime to one side whilst the game is on and get behind Riga and the lads. If we go down it would be an absolute disaster. The atmosphere was as flat as a pancake. I know the football is crap, but it's our job as fans to attempt to lift the players, not destroy their confidence. There is now such negativity on this forum and obviously within the supporter base that it has become like a cancer that is spreading and killing our chances of survival. Roland and Miere are going nowhere quickly, we are stuck with them in the short term, that is the sad reality. Yes they are destroying the club, but the fans, by not getting behind the team, are making things even worse.
  • Options
    Noted in the past atmosphere drops when the drummers not there! Maybe mistaken but did not hear them yesterday. Next game Cardiff somehow gotta re create type of atmosphere there was when we beat e'm 5 - 4!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The majority of our fans were not at Rotherham or Birmingham away and therefore they've probably only witnessed one Charlton win since August (Sheffield Wednesday).

The fact that people are still turning up deserves a ton of credit FFS.

The fact that our wins now come away from the Valley say it all, the players hate playing at home because of the toxic atmosphere, isnt rocket science