Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

******CARD: Flash Protest 2 - Billboard and Banner Time!!******

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Can't understand the reason why there was no 5pm protest today. Especially considering we have just gone bottom of the league after losing a crucial game against a relegation rival.

Surely you want to keep the pressure on and the momentum going. What sort of message does it send to the board?

There are about 200 people who have turned up in the car park to protest anyway which funnily enough does represent the 2%.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your efforts, the billboard is fantastic but can't agree with this one.
  • Was the banner waving going on as the penalty was given or taken (or both) ?
  • There was a 5pm protest tonight. Quite a few behind the West stand.
  • PL54 said:

Was the banner waving going on as the penalty was given or taken (or both) ?

Started about 5 seconds before the penalty was given away.
  • PL54 said:

Couldn't you see from your seat then?
    No, I was out buying a new car today.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

I don't know what enjoyment pl54 gets out of his silly one-liners.

• People sat in front of me had a banner, waved it at 19 minutes, didn't bother the second time the banners came out and left it behind at the end... (I scooped it up and took it home).
  • PL54 said:

I don't know what enjoyment pl54 gets out of his silly one-liners.

That looks like a silly one-liner.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Hope it's a lemon.

Is that aimed at me Mr Administrator ? If it is I don't know what it means.
  • Were 100+ banners actually handed out? Only 10-15 seemed to be held up from what I could see.

• PL54 said:

PL54 said:

No, I was out buying a new car today.
  • Can fully see your point @nichorob.

There was a general feeling after the last post match protest that they will very quickly fizzle out if maintained every single game. There needs to be a mixture of pre, post and other forms of protest all supplemented, and perhaps with the car park protests given an angle. There was also a real hope that the team would win today and along with planned poor whether (the rain hasn't fully materialised as planned), that too would have an impacting effect.

The club simply have to plan for one for every game, and even if CARD are not encouraging one for today, there is no guarantee that others won't ad hoc and absolutely nothing stopping people from doing so. In fact, that adds to sense of uncertainty on the Clubs front.

Massive shame though if it is felt that the extent of protesting is just linked to defeats / poor performances. I know for some people it's all about what happens on the pitch, but I thought on a wider basis it was much broader than that.

I think there will be a couple of lessons learned today as not everything materialised / went to plan, but there is nothing that can be done about that now.

Appreciate the thorough response. Just annoys me thinking about Meire being all smug looking out at the car park from the boardroom and thinking we have all given up.

My point about the loss wasn't that it would of been the reason for protest, I think most people know what's going on now, but it would have been a great catalyst to a loud and passionate protest.
  • I know mate. Let's hope next weeks one is well supported, regardless of the result
  • What was going on at half time when the police were manning the stairs in Upper North? 2 policemen/women to each staircase with no stewards in sight. The big banner was committing the same offence as the one taken down last home game, perhaps they think better to leave it in place than having the hassle of having it removed, cowards, Unless permission was given.
  • Sponsored links:

• As far as i am aware the banner had no permission.
  • Dansk_Red said:

What was going on at half time when the police were manning the stairs in Upper North? 2 policemen/women to each staircase with no stewards in sight. The big banner was committing the same offence as the one taken down last home game, perhaps they think better to leave it in place than having the hassle of having it removed, cowards, Unless permission was given.

Really big police presence today, not sure why
  • First time I have seen that many OB in the ground

And what is so funny is that they told the protesters just how much each extra Copper costs the club.

That alone makes the protests worthwhile as it hits the club where they feel it the most, in the pocket.
    Just means more money to go to Roland's retirement fund, oops I mean the "quasi equity" loan uncle Roland has deemed worthy for us.
  • Support the team during the game. We need to stop mid game anti roland protests. It clearly distracted solly and led to the penalty.

Protest before the game, at half time and after the game. Not during it.

Except it wasn't Solly who gave away pen.
    That's right you carry on believing that such disruption doesn't affect the players if it makes you feel better!! I suppose you also think that booing off 'His one of our own-----' Morgan Fox won't affect his future confidence!!!!!

And what is so funny is that they told the protesters just how much each extra Copper costs the club.

That alone makes the protests worthwhile as it hits the club where they feel it the most, in the pocket.
    I spoke to one at length and was told their numbers have increased by 50%