Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Voice of The Valley 125 v Bristol City

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
Two very powerful articles by former head of communications Matt Wright taking the lid off some of the strange things going on behind the scenes at Charlton. Plus Chicago Addick on the Karel Fraeye saga and Clive Harris with the fascinating full story of the search for Nobby Nightingale, the mystery third Charlton casualty of the First World War. Some really good stuff from 12 different contributors, many of them new to the Voice - and there might be one or two insights from Airman Brown too . . .

More details and now available to order by post at http://www.votvonline.com

Comments

• Options
    Roll up

Kerching
  • Options
    I have my two pound coin at the ready Rick.
  • Options

Likewise.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I've now posted my Mike Bailey book review from VOTV124 at www.votvonline.com for those who haven't seen it.

It's a good book IMO.
  • Options

Can I have it please as I'm collecting them towards a summer holiday :-)
  • Options

Good of you to bump the thread for Rick.

I'm like that.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Good of you to bump the thread for Rick.

I'm like that.
    I don't know why you bother with these one-liners(either thinking you're funny or a wind-up) as when you post sensibly I agree with a lot of what you say.
  • Options
    Who sneaks out of the board room to purchase a copy for the regime? You know they are reading it! :blush:
  • Options

Who sneaks out of the board room to purchase a copy for the regime? You know they are reading it! :blush:

Presumably, KM sends a lackey out with £2 to get one and then claims £2 on expenses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought this was an attempt by VOTV to appeal to charlton's trainspotters and sell more copies by calling it the 125
  • Options
    Have you considered putting lists of squad numbers for the home and away teams for the next few games inside the back cover? Might up the sales if it doesn't cause copyright problems.
  • Options
    It's not down to copyright, but I've never targeted the programme as such and wouldn't feel comfortable with it. Prefer to sell the Voice on its own merits, plus one issue can be on sale at three games, so would become dated/cumbersome.
  • Options

Presumably, KM sends a lackey out with £2 to get one and then claims £2 on expenses.
    Probably her entire expense account for the week.
  • Options
    If you were the club, and had any sense, wouldn't you want to harness all this, instead of trying to fight it?
  • Options
    And of course when there is an outbreak of trouble the fans will be the guilty party.
  • Options
    Have you contacted him for a little 'thank you', he's very approachable, might even offer you a job scripting future headlines :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Fair cop - I knew it wasn't original but not where I'd seen it. :-)
  • Options

If you were the club, and had any sense, wouldn't you want to harness all this, instead of trying to fight it?

This is the one thing I don't get. It's obvious to just about everybody except the owner and COO.

Murray should be repeating the mantra, 'work with them not against them'.
  • Options
    I don't think it has ever been in the back of Katrien Meire's mind to work with them. Does she even listen to anything Richard Murray has to say or offer.
  • Options

Addickted said:

This is the one thing I don't get. It's obvious to just about everybody except the owner and COO.

Murray should be repeating the mantra, 'work with them not against them'.
    To work with people who know more than you you need some self confidence, a willingness to learn and the insight to see that utilising others skills is good, not weak, management.

Katrien has none of that but that is typical of new managers.

There is even a name for it "Imposter syndrome" and it most often happens with well educated, hard working and female managers.

Just a shame she doesn't have a business coach to help her.

careful old chap .. you'll have accusations of misogyny and non PC behaviour flying around your ears, that is if anyone should dare criticise such an upright,stalwart self appointed monitor of good behaviour and language as yourself ((:>).. (Imposter Syndrome fortunately was originally postulated by two females)

BUT .. of course you are 100% accurate in what you write .. I would say that the worst managers I have worked for or with have generally been female .. but to cover my a**se, I have also worked with some very good ones.

Meire has not a clue about running a successful football club. Pitch side sofas, and bullshit ersatz clever PR do not a success make .. appointing her has been Duchatelet's major error .. any funds or resources given to her to 'improve' the club will be mostly wasted .. what a great big shame .. I can't however see things changing and Meire along with all on board are in serious danger of sinking fast and deep
  • Options
    Would you listen to anything Murray has to say or offer?
  • Options
    You should of done what Henry did with "bumpy ride"
    and what i did with Tony "magic feet" Watt ?

Get a copyright :smile:

Power to your Elbow, Carly Burn, for being the 1st person to use it.
  • Options

You should of done what Henry did with "bumpy ride"
    and what i did with Tony "magic feet" Watt ?

Get a copyright :smile:

Power to your Elbow, Carly Burn, for being the 1st person to use it.
    PL54's comment just below mine says a lot.

Out very first happy customer!!
  • Options

Would you listen to anything Murray has to say or offer?

Personally, no. He's used up his goodwill and shown himself wholeheartedly behind the new regime. His blathering on about better communication with fans in his last interview showed him to be as much of a bullshitter as Meire. In fact, she probably wrote it for him.
  • Options
    I was at the Valley yesterday and during the trip north today have read the first half of VoTV and having been slightly depressed am now completely and utterly depressed about cafc, also with the Lass reckoning that the Valley will be a housing estate within 5 years

- aaahhhhh!