Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manchester City - Guardiola confirmed

Comments

• Riviera said:
    Two of the top 6 teams in the English Premier League are in the semifinals of the UEFA Champions League, another two are in the semifinals of the UEFA Europa League. The other two are in Manchester. 🤣
    Yep - one of those has a record in all competitions of Won 26 Drawn 9 Lost 15. The other's is 47-4-6 and are favourites to win 3 trophies this season. Liverpool with 34-8-6 don't get anywhere near that and Barcelona with 38-12-4 have a much lower win percentage.

So, yes neither Manchester Clubs are still in the CL. But I suspect one will end up the season much happier than the other.
    You are obsessed. Wouldn’t you be more comfortable on a City/ Abu Dhabi forum?

• edited April 2019
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Riviera said:
    Two of the top 6 teams in the English Premier League are in the semifinals of the UEFA Champions League, another two are in the semifinals of the UEFA Europa League. The other two are in Manchester. 🤣
    Yep - one of those has a record in all competitions of Won 26 Drawn 9 Lost 15. The other's is 47-4-6 and are favourites to win 3 trophies this season. Liverpool with 34-8-6 don't get anywhere near that and Barcelona with 38-12-4 have a much lower win percentage.

So, yes neither Manchester Clubs are still in the CL. But I suspect one will end up the season much happier than the other.

Not as obsessed with you and Bollox who seem to have an obsession with jumping on me every time I make a comment on this thread. I'm just surprised that you two don't go all the way and pick me up on every comment i make on this forum. Bollox didn't even have the courtesy to thank me on another thread when I tried to help him. But hey we all have standards.

Oh and I believe that the last time I made a comment on this thread was in December - that really is some obsession! 

As for @Riviera he's a even bigger tosser than me and a good friend that I have known for over 30 years. And I knew exactly why he made that comment. And he knew exactly why I responded to it. Shame you two don't get it too.
  • Jump on you ever time? I haven’t said a thing to you for well over a year. 

Just seems to me you get get really upset and write an awful lot should anyone dare to question that club and regime. To a really odd extent. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Jump on you ever time? I haven’t said a thing to you for well over a year. 

Just seems to me you get get really upset and write an awful lot should anyone dare to question that club and regime. To a really odd extent. 
    There are a lot of things I comment about to an odd extent. If that makes me odd so be it. But I suspect that if I counted up the comments on this thread there probably wouldn't be much between the two of us. There are also things that you and Boloxbuilder have commented on that I have thought weird but not made it a personal crusade to highlight your respective weirdness. 

I'm sure if we all sat down and talked about these things we might understand each others views a bit better. 
  • Ha ha. Boloxbuilder.

oh well back to the Kent CCC sponsored by Addick Addict thread. 
  • Ha ha. Boloxbuilder.

oh well back to the Kent CCC sponsored by Addick Addict thread. 
    And I'd stick to tennis if I were you. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Riviera said:

Not as obsessed with you and Bollox who seem to have an obsession with jumping on me every time I make a comment on this thread. I'm just surprised that you two don't go all the way and pick me up on every comment i make on this forum. Bollox didn't even have the courtesy to thank me on another thread when I tried to help him. But hey we all have standards.

Oh and I believe that the last time I made a comment on this thread was in December - that really is some obsession! 

As for @Riviera he's a even bigger tosser than me and a good friend that I have known for over 30 years. And I knew exactly why he made that comment. And he knew exactly why I responded to it. Shame you two don't get it too.
    Well over 30 years oddball! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I couldn't care less about watching Abu Dhabi City. One of the richest states in the world spends a record amount of money on players and staff and they win lots of games and improve international relations for a state with a shocking human rights record. It's like watching Ramsay Bolton complete Championship Manager with the infinite funds cheat.

Where is the money from our takeoever coming from @JiMMy 85 ?
  • I've no idea, I am not up to speed on it. If it's from a shitty place like Abu Dhabi, then I am really, really sad to hear it. Have you got a point to actually make though? 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I've no idea, I am not up to speed on it. If it's from a shitty place like Abu Dhabi, then I am really, really sad to hear it. Have you got a point to actually make though? 
    I do - I would like to know whether you will stop supporting CAFC if it is demonstrated that the money does come from Abu Dhabi? I have no issue whatsoever with your beliefs but wonder if they are consistent in this respect?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd never stop loving my club, but I would feel bloody awful about being a loyal supporter to a club heavily financed by money from a person who makes it through an evil regime that persecutes all kinds of people. 

From the initial things I've read about him over the last five-10 minutes, he doesn't sound like a bad egg (something about him winning a peace award) so that's encouraging. I would need to know a lot more about him. I really hope he's nothing like Sheikh Mansour, and I really hope he isn't using our club to launder his own image.  

As an aside, I've no idea why you are so desperate to ask me this though. It's not like we're mates or even converse on here (I'm much happier not talking to you). I find it a bit odd or smug. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I'd never stop loving my club, but I would feel bloody awful about being a loyal supporter to a club heavily financed by money from a person who makes it through an evil regime that persecutes all kinds of people. 

From the initial things I've read about him over the last five-10 minutes, he doesn't sound like a bad egg (something about him winning a peace award) so that's encouraging. I would need to know a lot more about him. I really hope he's nothing like Sheikh Mansour, and I really hope he isn't using our club to launder his own image.  

As an aside, I've no idea why you are so desperate to ask me this though. It's not like we're mates or even converse on here (I'm much happier not talking to you). I find it a bit odd or smug. 
    I ask the question purely because throughout this thread you sought to emphasise how you hated the money that was backing City and I was interested to learn your stance given the possibility of exactly where our money came from. 

The "peace award" is fantastic news but City supporters would, equally, argue that all the charitable work that the regime has funded is commendable too.

Equally, nothing "desperate" about it but as soon as I heard where this money might be coming from I immediately thought of you because of your views. And you don't have to be mates to ask a question on here do you? Nothing smug about it either although I accept that you might find it such.
  • Guardiola signs a new 2 year contract extension.

Surprised at that as he usually moves on after 3-4 years at a club. Wonder if this means they've convinced him Messi is coming.
  • More likely he’s been promised oodles of cash in order to win the Champions League. 
  • edited November 2020
    Messi will definitely be there next season when he leaves for free in the summer, reports again today he is unhappy st Barcelona after Griezmanns agent has come out and said some stuff about him

Part of me wonders if City may go to Barcelona in January and say he is gonna leave for free in the summer we will give you £40/£50M for him now and then it will just be down to if Barcelona decide its worth keeping him and losing him for a free.

They have already dropped 10 points this season and if it carries on they could be out of the title race come January.

Surprised at that as he usually moves on after 3-4 years at a club. Wonder if this means they've convinced him Messi is coming.
    Gutted, hoping he was coming to join Lee and the boys on the coaching team.

Meh!!... Dont need him
  • edited November 2020
    Guardiola signs a new 2 year contract extension.

Meh!!... Dont need him
    Well just thought he might want to learn from the best!
  • Messi will definitely be there next season when he leaves for free in the summer, reports again today he is unhappy st Barcelona after Griezmanns agent has come out and said some stuff about him

Part of me wonders if City may go to Barcelona in January and say he is gonna leave for free in the summer we will give you £40/£50M for him now and then it will just be down to if Barcelona decide its worth keeping him and losing him for a free.

They have already dropped 10 points this season and if it carries on they could be out of the title race come January.
    I know it's Messi but surely City aren't going to pay 40-50m for a player they can get for free 5 months later.

However Barca are in dire financial trouble (almost €500m in debt) so they might be tempted if an offer came in.
  • Incredible record from Guardiola when you look at the longevity of the other names on the list with him
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

Where is the money from our takeoever coming from @JiMMy 85 ?
    Lol. 
  • Obviously they have the squad to cope but has there ever been a tougher set of fixtures in one week of football?

• Obviously they have the squad to cope but has there ever been a tougher set of fixtures in one week of football?

What a week that is.

Manchester United have a tough run after the next international break, although not as daunting as Man Citys
    Leicester, Atalanta, Liverpool, Spurs, Atalanta, Man City.

What a week that is.

Manchester United have a tough run after the next international break, although not as daunting as Man Citys
    Ha, I'm sorry, did you just write Spurs in that list?!

If we play like we did against Palace, they'll rack up double figures.  The three 1-0s we picked up are covering up a multitude of sins.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Obviously they have the squad to cope but has there ever been a tougher set of fixtures in one week of football?

What a week that is.

Ha, I'm sorry, did you just write Spurs in that list?!

If we play like we did against Palace, they'll rack up double figures.  The three 1-0s we picked up are covering up a multitude of sins.
    Yeah, but 5 tough games and 1 easy one is still a tough run of fixtures.
  • Across this weekend Man City:

1st team won 4-0
    U23s won 7-0 and sealed the league title
    U18s won 13-0 and sealed the league title
  • edited June 2022
    All confirmed now... Quite like their new kit.

Wonder if Pep will do better with Erling than how he dealt with Zlatan, but then Haaland doesnt come with one of the biggest egos on the entire planet.

• Be interesting to hear the Roy Keane take on Haaland .. years ago he infamously set out to cripple his daddy