Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Rotherham match thread 30/1/16

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Afternoon folks, so here we go again, but this time its a real 6 pointer, lose this and our task becomes virtually impossible, win it and we have a chance, a draw is no good either in my opinion. I'm not going to bang on about the regime here, I've said loads on lots of other threads, but needless to say by letting 2 more experienced strikers go and not replace them is tantamount to admitting we are going down. Now, today, we hear about Ceballos going to be allowed to leave on loan, and its already common knowledge that they want to move on Moussa, Ba and Bergdich if possible. The mind boggles as to who will be left here on Monday, so just in case I've cleaned my boots in case they need me for next week (although I wont be able to make it as I'm doing a charity walk). Anyway enough of all that, lets see what type of team JR puts out today and what the tactics are.....can we perform the great escape.....who knows, but the next 90 minutes will be the most important this season so far. I'll bring you teams as soon as I get them.....we are playing in purple today...so its a case of COYP's!!!

Comments

• Evening Red again thanks for your updates they are great
  • Afternoon Red, I really admire the way you put yourself through this every week so a huge thanks from me and all those, wherever they are who feel the same.
    I can't, realistically, see anyway we'll avoid the drop this time whatever the result today.

This has become a nightmare you can't wake up from.
  • A good piece by Harry Lennon in the SLP - https://t.co/TsC6WOFABc
  • Afternoon Red.
    If there is a stream I will be on that. Otherwise the usual.
  • Admire your constancy lads... Off to rugby and the vain hope of something to smile about on the trip back down the A2.

C'mon you Addicks!
  • seth plum said:

Afternoon Red.
    If there is a stream I will be on that. Otherwise the usual.

ok mate.....streams don't seem to be good on my lap top, I'll do thread form Terry's commentary.
  • CHARLTON: Henderson, Solly, Teixeira, Lennon, Fox, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Jackson, Bergdich, Vetokele, Makienok
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Pope, Johnson, Ba, Poyet, Harriott, Ghoochannejhad, Lookman
  • Vetienok up front - could work...
  • Sponsored links:

• If we are to win, it will depend on whether JBG wants it or not.
  • Rotherham -: Camp; Facey, Broadfoot (c), Rawson, Mattock; Burke, Green, Smallwood, Newell; G Ward; D Ward.
  • edited January 2016
    Draw with poor Blackburn side. Put out weaker team the next week. Makinok back in the side = RD has told Riga who to pick
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    TEAM NEWS | That's one change for the Addicks, with @SimonMakienok coming into the side #cafc

That's one way of putting it, though it does slightly leave out a bit of information...
  • Our only hope i think is to pray the game is still level after say 65-70 minutes then bring Lookman on
  • Rotherham subs -:Cairns, Wood, Richardson, Shinnie, Derbyshire, Clarke-Harris, Becchio. #rufc
  • So much for Sky saying Lookman was out for the game. Where are the replacements KM said they were lining up for the transfer window?
  • Good to see Lookman back.
  • Millers to face @CAFCofficial: Camp; Facey, Broadfoot (c), Rawson, Mattock; Burke, Green, Smallwood, Newell; G Ward; D Ward.
    Millers subs: Cairns, Wood, Richardson, Shinnie, Derbyshire, Clarke-Harris, Becchio. #rufc
  • sm said:

So much for Sky saying Lookman was out for the game. Where are the replacements KM said they were lining up for the transfer window?

You don't believe that woman do you?

I wonder if the The Witch with Tits is there today, probably hiding between Judas and Sue Parkes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well Makienok and Vetokele up front should be half decent at least, providing we play to their collective strengths, which is something I am more confident in Riga getting the players to do compared to Fraeye.

Lookman on the bench to come on for the last 20 minutes before being sold to Palace ;-)
  • Vaz Te injured or out of favour ?
  • If we are going to hit long balls down the middle like last week, at least we have a big man at CF and a second striker playing off him. However it doesn't make sense to pick Bergdich in front of Harriott when we have two strikers who would benefit from having a winger capable of getting in crosses in the line-up.

Read he's on his way back to Turkey.

A turkey going to Turkey?
  • 45 mins till ko.....COYP's!!!
  • Not convinced by JJ and Jordan Cousins in the midfield, still don't think they offer enough creativity, and don't think JJ has the legs to be part of a central 2 in 4-4-2. But hoping we can keep it tight, maybe nick a goal, and then come 50-60 minutes use our pace off the bench.
  • Draw with poor Blackburn side. Put out weaker team the next week. Makinok back in the side = RD has told Riga who to pick

Not sure what dushitalot gains by Makienok playing to be fair
  • well, at least our bench is better than it was a few weeks back.

Out of the country
    Just like the SAS - we know it exists, apparently it turns up, does its thing, doesn't get hurt, leaves again and nobody knew it was there - money well spent, well done all, especially RVT's agent.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!