Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's vote for Tony Watt as POTY

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Quote from the Fans forum thread, Dansk_Red said -

"I think the lady who spoke about organizing the POTY was taken aback when Iain said he was not interested in being involved if the club wanted to organize it to take place after the Burnley game on the Saturday. She has 12 weeks to organize it, I can not see an of the fans (Fanny) wanting to collect votes etc. The fans could make a total farce of it by voting for TWW."

It was very clear from the fans forum, that Katrien wants the POTY "do" on a Saturday, even though this is patently no good for supporters, who have been to the game in their football attire and would not be able to change for the evening. As with everything she does, this is pure incompetence or damn right deliberate, to discourage supporters from attending.

She also wants to invite the community trust, in order to dilute the amount of supporters there and in doing so, prevent/reduce any negative comments that would be coming her way.

There is no way she must be allowed to succeed, but she will plough on regardless.

So, on this basis we must not let the event happen as it is NOT what the supporters want. It is the supporters POTY.

On this basis I strongly urge all supporters to vote for either Tony Watt or someone else, in order to make a mockery of the event.

If the POTY "do" goes ahead as normal, then I retract the above.

Comments

• Options
    Not a bad idea
  • Options
    lepoint is my winner
  • Options
    Naby Sarr is the obvious no. 1 (though I do think there's a player that will appear), ably supported by Vaz Te and Ba.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

stupid idea, whatever happened to support the team not the regime, TWatt hasn't been a part of them team for the majority of this season, (even when he was here he wasn't exactly a team player on or, allegedly, off the pitch) let's give it to someone deserving of the award, like a tireless Cousins or even an emerging Lennon, depending on the rest of the season

But if the regime organize a fans do, it how is that supporting the players?
  • Options
    Boycott the event and all vote for Naby Sarr or Makienok.
  • Options
    Give it to the fans... vote for the 2%
  • Options
    Please do not give Tony Watt any votes as it might give Gudmundsson the hump and make him play like someone has smacked him round the face with a shitty nappy.
  • Options
    She's obviously trying to eliminate hostility against herself by making it difficult for the fans to attend. Laughable.
  • Options
    I reckon there should be a list of all of the players with an extra choice for 'none of the above'

Vote 'Non of the above' for POTY
  • Options

sam3110 said:

stupid idea, whatever happened to support the team not the regime, TWatt hasn't been a part of them team for the majority of this season, (even when he was here he wasn't exactly a team player on or, allegedly, off the pitch) let's give it to someone deserving of the award, like a tireless Cousins or even an emerging Lennon, depending on the rest of the season

Surely it's a reaction to the regime's attempt to control the fan organised POTY event...

Treating the award seriously in this circumstance would be to support the regime.
    Precisely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Naby Sarr is the obvious no. 1 (though I do think there's a player that will appear), ably supported by Vaz Te and Ba.

I wouldn't want to embarrass an existing player. Better someone that has left.
    There'll be no shortage of candidates then...
  • Options
    There's no chance that woman, and Murray, are going to get into a room full of supporters. It's just not going to happen.

They would probably hope we boycott it, so they can cancel and blame us, but I don't think it should be boycotted.

I think we should say absolutely nothing on here about any plans for it.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

There's no chance that woman, and Murray, are going to get into a room full of supporters. It's just not going to happen.

They would probably hope we boycott it, so they can cancel and blame us, but I don't think it should be boycotted.

I think we should say absolutely nothing on here about any plans for it.

They might get in. But would they get out ?
  • Options
    Umerah is a brilliant shout.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Brilliant idea to hold it on the day when we play at 12.30, not all of us live close enough to get home and come back, so what are we supposed to do? Sit and drink all afternoon until it starts? She really would get some abuse if that was to be the case, she really hasn't thought this through has she? Unless, of course, she doesn't want any fans to be there.
  • Options
    But I've voted for Jackson the last 4 years!!
  • Options
    As usual KM acting like a spoilt controlling child. However we should be backing the players and vote for the player we believe should win it.
    Anything else makes a farce of our stance about supporting the players.
    Any good players we have left will feel alienated from the supporters, which cant be good.
    It will also be divisive between supporters.
    I certainly could not support a vote for someone who did not deserve it and if this is backed by CARD I would seriously consider my position.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Am I over simplifying this?
    Vote as normal for our chosen POTY - in my case Stephen Henderson - but boycott the 'do' if there is any charge to attend. If they bizarrely put on a free event, cos of not selling any tickets/tables, then we attend the presentation, wearing black and white and pointedly not spending any money in the bar.
    Support the team not the dribbling-mad, piss-poor, bad-taste circus of grotesques currently running the thing (deeply and quickly into the ground).
  • Options
    Loic Nego