Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Igor Vetokele

Comments

• edited June 2017

The fact Botaka has also gone there would suggest Driesen and a scouting network picking players still exists.

Does rather smell of Robinson not wanting him but RD being told by others that there is money to be made by selling him in future.
  • My presumption would be his wages were also a factor. And, to be fair, his strike rate wasn't that brilliant after his initial spell with us.
  • My presumption would be his wages were also a factor. And, to be fair, his strike rate wasn't that brilliant after his initial spell with us.

Also, his injury record. I'd say that was a major factor in letting him go too.
  • The fact Botaka has also gone there would suggest Driesen and a scouting network picking players still exists.

Does rather smell of Robinson not wanting him but RD being told by others that there is money to be made by selling him in future.
    Thought he was only on loan from Leeds?
  • When fit Igor is a good Championship forward and still our best option in that position. Big wages and an inept medical team rushing him back means we'll now be subsidising his wages to play for one of Roland's other experiments. I wish Igor all the best.
  • he's only there as an agent for CARD. Carrying out surveillance, duplicating keys, accessing stadium plans etc.
  • No major loss IMO.
  • cafctom said:

No major loss IMO.

I disagree. A fully fit Igor is our best striker. None of the others come close & if we persist with what we have left & don't but a proven, out & out striker, we will not be top 6 come next May. End of.
  • cafctom said:

No major loss IMO.

I disagree. A fully fit Igor is our best striker. None of the others come close & if we persist with what we have left & don't but a proven, out & out striker, we will not be top 6 come next May. End of.
    I disagree to an extent, goals from the likes of Magennis, Holmes, Marshall, Clarke, Reeves/other No 10 could ensure we score enough (admittedly dependant on a good defensive record too) but I do agree that it would significantly help to get another striker goals, doubt that could be Novak but it could be Ajose.
  • cafctom said:

No major loss IMO.

Didn't stop us finishing 7th in the Prem in 3/04 or making the League 1 play-offs in 09/10. Ideally we'll have a 20+ goal striker but it's not impossible to do well without one.

KR didn't say he wanted a striker, with the number we have I don't think we'll see one come in unless 1 or 2 more leave. Wouldn't be surprising to see any of Ajose, Novak or Watt go.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Who’s the guy he’s saying happy birthday to here? Seems to have been at Charlton but I don’t remember him one bit.

• buckshee said:

Who’s the guy he’s saying happy birthday to here? Seems to have been at Charlton but I don’t remember him one bit.

Is that Andre Bikey?
  • edited January 2018

Andre Bikey

That’s what I thought, so why’s he put that picture up with that player? I’m sure he’s trying to wind us up with a little glint in his eye.

Edit. Just noticed he did it on Instagram and he’s saying it to both. For a minute I thought we’d had a £6m player on trial we didn’t know about and let go!
  • Bikey is our new centre forward
  • edited January 2018
    Can we stop talking talking about him coming back this month.
    A-if he was gonna it would have happened by now
    B- The Charlton pics he keeps posting are probably just memories or to let us know he still cares
    C-he posted a picture on twitter of him training with STVV at their training camp
  • buckshee said:

Happy birthday to the boss as a grandmaster Chinese as6ba And to the little mamadou @ obbioulare ...
  • edited January 2018
    ross1 said:

buckshee said:

Happy birthday to the boss as a grandmaster Chinese as6ba And to the little mamadou @ obbioulare ...
    He always strikes me as being a very nice guy. He out up a really cute photo of him and his family and Yoni Buyens and his family a little while ago. Seems like he got on well with a lot of players.
  • Can we stop talking talking about him coming back this month.
    A-if he was gonna it would have happened by now
    B- The Charlton pics he keeps posting are probably just memories or to let us know he still cares
    C-he posted a picture on twitter of him training with STVV at their training camp

So you're saying it's happening?

Personally I think all loans will be recalled under the new owners (so long as they have recall clauses)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Besides his Chinese boss he's congratulating Obbi Oulare ... a striker, currently playing for Royal Antwerp F.C. . I assume they are friends ...
  • Saw he put a load of Charlton pics on his IG stories tonight and made me wonder what’s next for him considering he’s still our player and his loan his ended.
  • We can do both the Sint Truiden and the Charlton songs for him if he comes back.

Remember getting dogged out by sint truiden megaphone man for the Charlton songs being louder than his once.

Pissed myself laughing.

Igor is a quality player, if we get him back, for and up for it, there’s your 20 goal a season striker in league 1 right there in my view.

I must have missed something when I watched him then...
  • Maybe you missed the games before he got badly injured.

After that when he came back for us he looked was nowhere close, came back too soon I reckon.

Even half a yard off could do it in championship, even more so on league 1

Fair shout actually

I do go to every game and yes he was a different (fatter) player on his return
  • se9addick said:

If he's fit, he'd tear up League One.

Some said that about Watt.

Well not the fit bit obviously.