Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Igor Vetokele

Comments

• As Curbs would say, it's almost like having a new signing. Seems now the problem is behind him, he's gone back to being the player he was when he first joined. An incredible asset and a top player in this league. If Mak is hitting form and with Lookman as well, it's not a bad attack.
  • Good as he was, I would think he is not 100% fit yet, so hopefully more to come
  • His return also takes a lot of pressure off Lookman.

Means AL can be eased in and not overplayed while at the same time there is cover for Igor and a threat off the bench.

What be good to have cover for Mak as well as another attacking midfielder.

The defence could be OK if Bauer and Diarra are fit soon.
  • CAFCsayer said:

....... we are toast.

What does this mean? My boss says it but I don't understand why toast is so bad. Smells and tastes great to me.
    Toast = Brown bread.

Brown Bread = Dead
    Isn't it a recent Americanism? Much more likely to be connected to their use of the electric chair than any connection to ryhming slang.
  • We probably forgot just what a good player he really is. He is still quite young as well, so if Lookman does go let's make sure Igor stays.
  • Yesterday Igor was everything, that Tony Watt isn't . I know which one I prefer. Well done Igor!

On the scoresheet
  • Having a forward who attacks the six yard box and gets a tap in.

We have failed to do this simple and effective way of scoring for years.
    Meat and drink to killer and super Clive.

Go without saying that the cross has to be put in there.
    (why did you say it then)
  • cafcfan said:

CAFCsayer said:

....... we are toast.

What does this mean? My boss says it but I don't understand why toast is so bad. Smells and tastes great to me.
    Toast = Brown bread.

Brown Bread = Dead
    Isn't it a recent Americanism? Much more likely to be connected to their use of the electric chair than any connection to ryhming slang.
    That's what I would have thought.

My family are from the East End and I can't recall it. And a mate's got more rhymes than there's cops that are dunkin'. Never heard him say it either.

Seems like some bollocks business speak to me.
  • No offence soap :)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
  • "We are toast" is not Cockney rhyming slang. And that's that.
  • Holy Ghost = toast.
  • Come on colin tell us who were interested in
  • edited March 2016
    Congrats to Igor on the birth of his daughter.

• Congrats to Igor on the birth of his daughter.

Oh, I see, so he's been on maternity leave for the last six months. Or is he going to take his maternity leave for the next six months?

;-)
  • Any news on whether we'll see him again this season?
  • Loaned to STTV for another season.

From STTV Web Site.

More good news: Spit Igor Vetokele has also signed his signature today under a new contract. He is hired from Charlton for a season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like STVV have taken Botaka as well.
  • Did they get into Europe in the end?
  • stupid club. loan out our best striker whilst we can't find one that can get in double figures all season.
  • I don't get the loan business.
    Being as it's STVV just freaking transfer him or play him.
  • Robinson got a good chance to look at him in pre-season before deciding to loan him out. Can't see anything wrong in that.

Did He? I thought he was away on international duty, so he never came to the training ground with the other players
  • Robinson got a good chance to look at him in pre-season before deciding to loan him out. Can't see anything wrong in that.

Robinson quite possibly didn't even get a choice.

• Whoooooooosh
  • Igor probably preferred to be back home anyway...