Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the rack pack

Just watched this on iplayer. I really enjoyed it. I reckon there's a bit of poetic licence in there but it's a great watch and good fun.

Comments

• Options
    Watched it the other night really enjoyed it
  • Options
    Probably a true discript of how it was.
    However, you can't but love what Alex brought to the game
  • Options

Just watched this on iplayer. I really enjoyed it. I reckon there's a bit of poetic licence in there but it's a great watch and good fun.

Says so at the beginning.

Very enjoyable and funny.
  • Options
    Yeah great fun. I wonder if the players all sit together watching like that now or if that's gone.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The last scene definitely never happened but some of it wasn't that far from the truth. The actors who played Higgins and Davis were very good, got the mannerisms down to a tee.

Yeah great fun. I wonder if the players all sit together watching like that now or if that's gone.

I very much doubt that the players watched together even then. Once you're out of the tournament you go home.
  • Options
    I thought it was a good watch. Kevin Bishop got Barry Hearn down to a tee

The lead actors all did well, shame we couldn't see more of Willie Thorne I find him intriguing
  • Options
    enjoyed that .... really good across the board...
  • Options
    Carter said:

I thought it was a good watch. Kevin Bishop got Barry Hearn down to a tee

The lead actors all did well, shame we couldn't see more of Willie Thorne I find him intriguing

I met Willie once at his club in Leicester. The World snooker semi final was on TV in the bar and everyone was watching it. Willie grabbed the remote and put the racing on because be had a bet on. Then later he sat down at the card table to play kalooki with a huge pile of notes, which probably got progressively smaller as the evening wore on.
  • Options
    Really decent. Thought Steve Davis actor was superb, the accent and demeanour of hurricane Higgins less so. Didn't quite get the complexity of Alex across plus he sounded more from Cork tham Belfast, so he did.

Barry hearn was spot on
  • Options
    Was brilliant, the Barry Hearn laugh was spot on! I assume Davis wasn't that much of a dork?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was brilliant, the Barry Hearn laugh was spot on! I assume Davis wasn't that much of a dork?!

Ha me too!

I think his geek chic appliqué was years ahead of its time ;)
  • Options
    Whatever happened to whose Rack?
  • Options
    The most disappointing thread of the year so far. Assumed this would be a club whose sole purpose was playing who's rack....
  • Options
    Watched the first 30 mins on the way home last night. Thought it was really good. Will try and watch the rest on the way home tonight.