Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

12pm CARD STATEMENT- BOYCOTT ALL MATCHDAY PURCHASES TODAY

Comments

• Options
    Queues in the north lower were a lot smaller than usual to be fair

We are here for the long haul though KM so be prepared because unlike you we cannot lose.

Remember, if we don't buy things, we SAVE money but you LOSE money.
  • Options

We knew the midday thing would disappoint some and would only be partially effective. The club will know we took a big lump out of their income today and that this is only possible because of the breadth of opposition to the regime. Lots of different ways to make our point.

You may not be able to answer this Airman but any idea what the margin on a beer and pie would be? It's my understanding that it's not much hence even a small reduction in turnover has a significant affect.
    Retail catering is generally around 8-10%, but no idea if that's representative for football ground outlets. So yes, a 50% reduction in business, which is how it appeared in the East, would be damaging.

We know DNC are already short on revenues, so Mr Creosote will no doubt be getting a phone call this week.

Mind you, £7.50 for a pie and a pint may indicate higher margins...
  • Options

Great work CARD and organisers today, very visible and friendly. Just a point, I hope this protest won't result in the people in the food outlets and bars losing their jobs if it was continued. It is Meirecat we want to lose her job not good honest folk.

True, but that will be a pressure that will prompt DNC to put pressure on the club.
  • Options
    Excellent work to all involved, particularly with the leaflets. It's a shame that she's already said she doesn't care about the income we provide (we are only 1/3 of our income in ticket money after all) but it can't be ignored for long. She'll/he'll probably just justify it by saying it will come out of our player budget anyway...sigh.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Greenie said:

There was a few in black n white and wearing stickers who were stuffing their faces in the North lower bar pre match.
    I think they missed the point really, mind you they were all built for comfort so probably just couldn't wait 2 hours to eat again!

If lardarses like me can keep away from the grub during the match there's no excuses! Scabs! :wink:
  • Options
    Greenie said:

There was a few in black n white and wearing stickers who were stuffing their faces in the North lower bar pre match.
    I think they missed the point really, mind you they were all built for comfort so probably just couldn't wait 2 hours to eat again!

I was quite disappointed not to get a scarf as they were all gone at 230, especially as I've contributed to the protest fund. I was even more disappointed to witness many wearing brand new black and white scarves, fully stickered up, with a leaflet in one hand and a programme in the other. #youdont'tgetitdoyou
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Greenie said:

If lardarses like me can keep away from the grub during the match there's no excuses! Scabs! :wink:
    I managed to avoid eating there and I was bloody starving too. I swear they cooked extra fried onions as well......bastards!
  • Options
    rikofold said:

We knew the midday thing would disappoint some and would only be partially effective. The club will know we took a big lump out of their income today and that this is only possible because of the breadth of opposition to the regime. Lots of different ways to make our point.

You may not be able to answer this Airman but any idea what the margin on a beer and pie would be? It's my understanding that it's not much hence even a small reduction in turnover has a significant affect.
    Retail catering is generally around 8-10%, but no idea if that's representative for football ground outlets. So yes, a 50% reduction in business, which is how it appeared in the East, would be damaging.

We know DNC are already short on revenues, so Mr Creosote will no doubt be getting a phone call this week.

Mind you, £7.50 for a pie and a pint may indicate higher margins...
    That's kind of the figure I had in mind from dealing with restaurants in the past. As you say though our prices are higher than the local Weatherspoons so that indicates a bigger margin. Still think there may be a difficult call from Delaware to field waiting for someone on Monday morning. Which is nice...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

Great work CARD and organisers today, very visible and friendly. Just a point, I hope this protest won't result in the people in the food outlets and bars losing their jobs if it was continued. It is Meirecat we want to lose her job not good honest folk.

True, but that will be a pressure that will prompt DNC to put pressure on the club.
    Sorry, missed it.
    What/Who are DNC ?
    Thank you.
  • Options

This particular protest should be ongoing.

I noticed the very low jackpot ticket amount and this demonstrated to me that today's action worked. You're never going to get 100% support for these actions but, reading the thread, there is a certain amount of hypocrisy with black and white scarf and sticker wearers buying beers and pies, which is a bit disappointing.
    We're famous for our thermos flasks at Charlton! Can't you sneak your half time beer inside the ground in one of these or do they check the contents? I really don't know having never owned a flask in my life.

Possibly, but it was a very small home crowd too. We didn't target the Jackpot - but that's a whole other subject!
    I think most who were boycotting would have thought the Jackpot was included, irrespective whether it was on the leaflet. Personally I think it's great the numbers for the Jackpot reduced
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

This particular protest should be ongoing.

I noticed the very low jackpot ticket amount and this demonstrated to me that today's action worked. You're never going to get 100% support for these actions but, reading the thread, there is a certain amount of hypocrisy with black and white scarf and sticker wearers buying beers and pies, which is a bit disappointing.
    We're famous for our thermos flasks at Charlton! Can't you sneak your half time beer inside the ground in one of these or do they check the contents? I really don't know having never owned a flask in my life.

Possibly, but it was a very small home crowd too. We didn't target the Jackpot - but that's a whole other subject!
    I think most who were boycotting would have thought the Jackpot was included, irrespective whether it was on the leaflet. Personally I think it's great the numbers for the Jackpot reduced
    Yep I thought it included the jackpot. When I went into the East stand the sellers were trying hard to sell them but having no luck
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    DA9 said:

angrybird said:

Thought this was a good idea so quite disappointed to see so many people buying programmes and refreshments. I realise that you can't persuade everyone to follow but for one game it doesn't seem too much to ask. Its been said that people won't know about the idea but there was leaflets given out explaining the plan. There are plenty of places to buy food and drink outside the ground so don't see the problem.

But there is no way of guaranteeing that every one who attended, were either handed, read a leaflet, or are on social media.

I think our leaflet and sticker coverage of those fans entering the East Stand was pretty effective with the vanguard volunteers doing a good job at the Harvey Gardens / Charlton Lane junction with a second wave backing them up near the turnstiles. Understandably however as it got closer to kick off, the less fans wanted to be stopped in their tracks and the flyers may also not have been read until half time giving some reason for pre match purchasing at the kiosks. Still a very satisfying outcome for me being able to do something towards the cause. No let up now, keep the momentum going everybody.
  • Options
    Clipboarded fella was hawking teas, coffees and snacks to disabled supporters in first half.

This doesn't usually happen.

Sign of decreased revenue?
  • Options

The sad thing is there's people Starving and I fully support the strategy of not giving him money, but I can't stand to see waste like that,
    So, why can't the club donate the unsold food, rather than just throwing it away?
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

The queues were shorter at half time, takings would have been down.

I'm a scab here though because there is no way I'm not having pint and my son isn't having a hotdog at half time. Both of us would go mental otherwise.

We support the team, we protest together before (disappointing not to have a before protest) and after (had to leave after the flares, which should have Been later I think) but this not enjoying your day out so as to not influence the regime at all bull shit is rubbish.

I was proud of the way we got behind the team today, my son expected that we would lose by at least 3

This is not the end, not even the start of the end. Duchatelet doesn't want it to end and so we need to keep pressure on to make sure he thinks again.

You'd "go mental" if you go without a beer for 90 minutes ? Really ?

As for, "not enjoying your day out so as not to influence the regime bull shit" - stopping people's enjoyment was not the reason for the refreshments boycott. The aim is to hit the owners in the pocket.

Well done to today's organisers. It was far from "bull shit".
    There was a group of about half a dozen young blokes behind me in the North Upper most wearing Black & White scarves “giving it large” about the 'regime' for most of the first half but who then disappeared early before half time and came back late second half somewhat more 'refreshed' than they been before.

WTF...
    Smoking in the bogs.
  • Options

The sad thing is there's people Starving and I fully support the strategy of not giving him money, but I can't stand to see waste like that,
    I know what you mean but then again it's not exactly health food...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

So, why can't the club donate the unsold food, rather than just throwing it away?
    Who are they going to give it to, though? They aren't going to give it to the people that are refusing to buy it, and it wouldn't be fit for human consumption by the time is was distributed to those in need.

Well it isn't really fit for human consumption anyway in my opinion, but my exclusive diet of Prawn sandwiches and Prosecco has spoilt me.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

One club shop employee went and had a rant on facebook last night about everyone boycotting the shop. I think he got the hump because the shop was empty which is a shame :wink:

I also overheard some well dressed gentleman talking to scoop in the car park after the game saying that if sales are below a certain margin then DNC will want money back off of the club.

I guess they are operating a franchise? Which is probably quite steep I would have thought.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

One club shop employee went and had a rant on facebook last night about everyone boycotting the shop. I think he got the hump because the shop was empty which is a shame :wink:

I also overheard some well dressed gentleman talking to scoop in the car park after the game saying that if sales are below a certain margin then DNC will want money back off of the club.

The same Club Shop employee who had the rant at the Meeting with Meire and Murray when they dragged Crash Cushion Jacko along again last October/November? He wasn't slow in offering his opinion that evening!
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Trust Me, homeless people are more than grateful for ANY food.
  • Options

micks1950 said:

The queues were shorter at half time, takings would have been down.

I'm a scab here though because there is no way I'm not having pint and my son isn't having a hotdog at half time. Both of us would go mental otherwise.

We support the team, we protest together before (disappointing not to have a before protest) and after (had to leave after the flares, which should have Been later I think) but this not enjoying your day out so as to not influence the regime at all bull shit is rubbish.

I was proud of the way we got behind the team today, my son expected that we would lose by at least 3

This is not the end, not even the start of the end. Duchatelet doesn't want it to end and so we need to keep pressure on to make sure he thinks again.

You'd "go mental" if you go without a beer for 90 minutes ? Really ?

As for, "not enjoying your day out so as not to influence the regime bull shit" - stopping people's enjoyment was not the reason for the refreshments boycott. The aim is to hit the owners in the pocket.

Well done to today's organisers. It was far from "bull shit".
    There was a group of about half a dozen young blokes behind me in the North Upper most wearing Black & White scarves “giving it large” about the 'regime' for most of the first half but who then disappeared early before half time and came back late second half somewhat more 'refreshed' than they been before.

WTF...
    Smoking in the bogs.
    But unless they were smoking something other than tobacco that wouldn't account for them being significantly more 'refreshed' (a couple of them almost 'leglessly' so) when they came back than when they left......

• Options
    Definitely needs to made clear this is an ongoing part of the protests up until and when the flash protest is announced for the next home game
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Godstone said:

Trust Me, homeless people are more than grateful for ANY food.
    Pret a Manger are very good for this. They deliver all fresh left over food to homeless groups around town I believe.

Before I became the international, jet set captain of industry that now walks among you I worked in McDonald's. The amount of stuff that we were told had to be thrown away literally a number of minutes after being cooked was criminal. Disgusting organisation that it is.