Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

12pm CARD STATEMENT- BOYCOTT ALL MATCHDAY PURCHASES TODAY

Comments

• Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Redskin said:

It didn't happen.

What didn't happen?
    The boycotting of shitty beer and food.

Oh I see. So the photos of the empty bars were Photoshopped. I feel so silly now.
    Oh, the photos. You weren't actually there then?
    Yep. Posted about how empty the West Upper concourse bar was at around 2:30 and also acknowledged that there were people wearing stickers yet still buying. Are you just after a bite or do you have a serious point?
  • We knew the midday thing would disappoint some and would only be partially effective. The club will know we took a big lump out of their income today and that this is only possible because of the breadth of opposition to the regime. Lots of different ways to make our point.

You may not be able to answer this Airman but any idea what the margin on a beer and pie would be? It's my understanding that it's not much hence even a small reduction in turnover has a significant affect.
  • I was hoping for a halftime protest of some sort if I'm honest
  • Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Redskin said:

It didn't happen.

What didn't happen?

Oh I see. So the photos of the empty bars were Photoshopped. I feel so silly now.
    Yep. Posted about how empty the West Upper concourse bar was at around 2:30 and also acknowledged that there were people wearing stickers yet still buying. Are you just after a bite or do you have a serious point?
    I was at the U.W. bar at the same time as you and saw people eating and drinking. I saw the same at half - time. I'm not after a 'bite', simply stating what I saw. People eating and drinking, ergo: the boycotting of such didn't happen.

• We knew the midday thing would disappoint some and would only be partially effective. The club will know we took a big lump out of their income today and that this is only possible because of the breadth of opposition to the regime. Lots of different ways to make our point.

You may not be able to answer this Airman but any idea what the margin on a beer and pie would be? It's my understanding that it's not much hence even a small reduction in turnover has a significant affect.
    They club have an extremely good deal on what they take from every sale on the concourses and bars, one of the best in football.

• Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Redskin said:

It didn't happen.

What didn't happen?

I was at the U.W. bar at the same time as you and saw people eating and drinking. I saw the same at half - time. I'm not after a 'bite', simply stating what I saw. People eating and drinking, ergo: the boycotting of such didn't happen.

So your definition of success is what? 75% of normal sales? 50%? Not one pint? I didn't say there wasn't anyone buying but to me, and I appreciate it can only be anecdotal, there didn't seem to be the usual level of business at the concessions.
  • Could have been a bit late notice for people with children today.

If it's ongoing then other arrangements can be made. Wouldn't bother a pikey like me though as when my son comes we always take sandwiches. Apart from the very nice sausage and chips he had in Crossbars once :(
  • It was clearly less people buying in the north upper before. I did not go down at half time so can't comment.

Good work CARD let's keep this going.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I was hoping for a halftime protest of some sort if I'm honest

Organise one.
  • edited January 2016
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Redskin said:

It didn't happen.

What didn't happen?

As long as they sell one pie, resistance is futile.
  • I was surprised that none of the leaflets got converted to paper planes and ended up on the pitch...
  • LoOkOuT said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Organise one.
    Fair point :)
  • edited January 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Why not suggest one then? Seriously, there's loads of scope for creative ideas and we set up the Protest fund to help bring ideas to fruition.

Edit : sorry, just seen same point already made. But if you do have an idea drop me a PM and I'll get in touch to see if we can help develop it and make it happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Organise one.
  • Davo55 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Why not suggest one then? Seriously, there's loads of scope for creative ideas and we set up the Protest fund to help bring ideas to fruition.

Edit : sorry, just seen same point already made. But if you do have an idea drop me a PM and I'll get in touch to see if we can help develop it and make it happen.
    Done
  • The queues were shorter at half time, takings would have been down.

I'm a scab here though because there is no way I'm not having pint and my son isn't having a hotdog at half time. Both of us would go mental otherwise.

We support the team, we protest together before (disappointing not to have a before protest) and after (had to leave after the flares, which should have Been later I think) but this not enjoying your day out so as to not influence the regime at all bull shit is rubbish.

I was proud of the way we got behind the team today, my son expected that we would lose by at least 3

This is not the end, not even the start of the end. Duchatelet doesn't want it to end and so we need to keep pressure on to make sure he thinks again.

You'd "go mental" if you go without a beer for 90 minutes ? Really ?

As for, "not enjoying your day out so as not to influence the regime bull shit" - stopping people's enjoyment was not the reason for the refreshments boycott. The aim is to hit the owners in the pocket.

Well done to today's organisers. It was far from "bull shit".
    There was a group of about half a dozen young blokes behind me in the North Upper most wearing Black & White scarves “giving it large” about the 'regime' for most of the first half but who then disappeared early before half time and came back late second half somewhat more 'refreshed' than they been before.

WTF...
  • Should be a fair few rats around the bins tonight, to go with the ones in the directors box.
  • This particular protest should be ongoing.

I noticed the very low jackpot ticket amount and this demonstrated to me that today's action worked. You're never going to get 100% support for these actions but, reading the thread, there is a certain amount of hypocrisy with black and white scarf and sticker wearers buying beers and pies, which is a bit disappointing.
    We're famous for our thermos flasks at Charlton! Can't you sneak your half time beer inside the ground in one of these or do they check the contents? I really don't know having never owned a flask in my life.
  • This particular protest should be ongoing.

I noticed the very low jackpot ticket amount and this demonstrated to me that today's action worked. You're never going to get 100% support for these actions but, reading the thread, there is a certain amount of hypocrisy with black and white scarf and sticker wearers buying beers and pies, which is a bit disappointing.
    We're famous for our thermos flasks at Charlton! Can't you sneak your half time beer inside the ground in one of these or do they check the contents? I really don't know having never owned a flask in my life.

Possibly, but it was a very small home crowd too. We didn't target the Jackpot - but that's a whole other subject!
  • Great work CARD and organisers today, very visible and friendly. Just a point, I hope this protest won't result in the people in the food outlets and bars losing their jobs if it was continued. It is Meirecat we want to lose her job not good honest folk.
  • There was a few in black n white and wearing stickers who were stuffing their faces in the North lower bar pre match.
    I think they missed the point really, mind you they were all built for comfort so probably just couldn't wait 2 hours to eat again!