Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

12pm CARD STATEMENT- BOYCOTT ALL MATCHDAY PURCHASES TODAY

12pm Statement from CARD


TODAY’S FLASH PROTEST - BOYCOTT ALL MATCHDAY PURCHASES

CARD is urging fans not to buy anything other than tickets from the club today, NO refreshments, NO merchandise, NO programmes.

We are aiming to 'support the team but hit the regime':

- financially
- put pressure on its relationships with its business partners and suppliers, especially the caterers.

By announcing this protest at 12pm, all orders and preparation would have been planned as normal.

Please for one game abstain from your half time pie or pint.

DO NOT SPEND ONE PENNY AT THE VALLEY TODAY.

N.B. Local pubs, shops, takeaways, mobile refreshment and merchandise units in surrounding areas are not controlled by the club and are therefore not included in this protest. Please support these businesses.


5PM DEMONSTRATION

Please join us outside west stand reception after the final whistle, regardless of the result. It is important to get as many people there as possible to prove the strength of feeling.


E-PETITION

Show your support by signing our e-petition at www.ourcharlton.org.uk and encourage
your friends to do so too!
«134567

Comments

  • I'm in and that's been my match day view for a while now
  • Will do. I take it the 5pm protest is still on.
  • Stig said:

    Will do. I take it the 5pm protest is still on.

    5PM DEMONSTRATION

    Please join us outside west stand reception after the final whistle, regardless of the result. It is important to get as many people there as possible to prove the strength of feeling.
  • Is everyone gathering in the car park before the game too?
  • There is a couple of hours to spread the word, please do all you can
  • Gonna' be carnage when someone is seen drinking a pint at half time.
  • Sponsored links:


  • PL54 said:

    Gonna' be carnage when someone is seen drinking a pint at half time.

    I'll report back since you won't be there as usual, you pathetic troll.
    Silly Silly - North Upper for me today
  • Good start. Not going to the game but will be there at 5pm with my daughter and grandson.
  • cafctom said:

    A flash protest for me is where people actually DO something, rather than refrain from doing it.

    Hundreds of people will have planned to meet in Crossbars or will have kids that will want stuff in the ground.

    Can't see this doing much. Was expecting something a bit more.

    I disagree, even by going into Crossbars you can still protest by not buying a drink or food!
  • I've been running my own mini boycott for a while now. Haven't bought a programme all season, no beer or food in ground and no merchandise from club shop. The north stand lounge has been perfect for me though, attending with my 4 year old. He can watch the players warm up, use his iPad on wifi and allows us to avoid the pre and post match rush. Happy to boycott this too but have no knowledge of the pubs surrounding the ground other than that most seem packed and not suitable for kids. If someone can recommend a suitable location, I'm happy to swerve the lounge and do my bit today.
  • Get people in to bartrums and crossbars urging fans to leave and stop spending!!!
  • jamescafc said:

    I've been running my own mini boycott for a while now. Haven't bought a programme all season, no beer or food in ground and no merchandise from club shop. The north stand lounge has been perfect for me though, attending with my 4 year old. He can watch the players warm up, use his iPad on wifi and allows us to avoid the pre and post match rush. Happy to boycott this too but have no knowledge of the pubs surrounding the ground other than that most seem packed and not suitable for kids. If someone can recommend a suitable location, I'm happy to swerve the lounge and do my bit today.

    White Swan in the Village is fine for kids these days. Also has wifi for iPads.
  • Lol lol lol. Pathetic. I will just carry on my boycott then. In game disruption was required. Who had muzzled it?
  • Sponsored links:


  • jamescafc said:

    I've been running my own mini boycott for a while now. Haven't bought a programme all season, no beer or food in ground and no merchandise from club shop. The north stand lounge has been perfect for me though, attending with my 4 year old. He can watch the players warm up, use his iPad on wifi and allows us to avoid the pre and post match rush. Happy to boycott this too but have no knowledge of the pubs surrounding the ground other than that most seem packed and not suitable for kids. If someone can recommend a suitable location, I'm happy to swerve the lounge and do my bit today.

    You can go in - just don't buy anything

  • cafctom said:

    A flash protest for me is where people actually DO something, rather than refrain from doing it.

    Hundreds of people will have planned to meet in Crossbars or will have kids that will want stuff in the ground.

    Can't see this doing much. Was expecting something a bit more.

    I disagree, even by going into Crossbars you can still protest by not buying a drink or food!
    My point being that a lot of them probably will have no idea about this protest, and may even be on their way to the ground already.
  • It will be difficult to gauge how effective this is but it IS the right thing as a gesture. I personally don't buy anything from the club as the food is a rip off anyway. This should be easy to implement and those who collect programmes may find this the hardest thing to do but may remember why they haven't got the Blackburn game in their collection in years to come. There should be no judgement on those drinking eating club drink and food and buying programmes; that would defeat the whole endeavour.
  • PL54 said:

    Gonna' be carnage when someone is seen drinking a pint at half time.

    I'm sure you'll be there to calm everything down. Level-headed chap like you
    Aye
  • jamescafc said:

    I've been running my own mini boycott for a while now. Haven't bought a programme all season, no beer or food in ground and no merchandise from club shop. The north stand lounge has been perfect for me though, attending with my 4 year old. He can watch the players warm up, use his iPad on wifi and allows us to avoid the pre and post match rush. Happy to boycott this too but have no knowledge of the pubs surrounding the ground other than that most seem packed and not suitable for kids. If someone can recommend a suitable location, I'm happy to swerve the lounge and do my bit today.

    White Swan in the Village is fine for kids these days. Also has wifi for iPads.
    JJ is doing keeping uppies in the snug to keep the kids entertained.
  • Good idea, the no food and drink bit is easy, programmes may be harder as I know a family friend who has the programme from every game he has attended in the last 20 plus years, he will be reluctant to leave a gap in his collection, I am sure there are plenty of others like him but he will be loud and proud outside the west stand at 5pm still.
  • Question form Mrs Stig, "What happens if someone buys themselves a beer. Would they be a scab"?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!