Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Options
    I see they've finally won the battle to replace the AstroTurf around the pitch with Claret, with Wet Spam logos all over it
  • Options
    Who paid for that to be replaced?
  • Options
    I thought as much, the Dildo Brothers don't like paying for anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48145695

Story on LLDC spending £100k on PR consultants despite already spending 3 times as much on a permanent comms team.

Also a nod to a December out of court settlement - any idea? 
  • Options
    • The NY Yankees and Boston Red Sox are preparing for their London showdown 
    • Both sides will face each other on British soil in a two-game set on Saturday 
    • Taxpayers have had to fork out after costs to alter the stadium hit public purses 
    • Bosses remained tight-lipped on the exact cost of shifting thousands of seats 
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7193891/Taxpayers-fork-millions-baseball-West-Ham-bill-costs-come-public-pocket.html
  • Options
    clive said:
    • The NY Yankees and Boston Red Sox are preparing for their London showdown 
    • Both sides will face each other on British soil in a two-game set on Saturday 
    • Taxpayers have had to fork out after costs to alter the stadium hit public purses 
    • Bosses remained tight-lipped on the exact cost of shifting thousands of seats 
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7193891/Taxpayers-fork-millions-baseball-West-Ham-bill-costs-come-public-pocket.html
    Ouch!  That's my tax paying back side getting another shafting!
  • Options
    It tickled me when a pal referred to it as the Council Stadium. He is an Orient fan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Due to report losses of  £20m+ at board meeting tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Dansk_Red said:
    Due to report losses of  £20m+ at board meeting tomorrow.
    I will have a look but i checked for loose change down the back of the sofa last week...  maybe they could stick a penny on income tax so the rubber cock salesmen are not out of pocket?
  • Options
    I am amazed that, in view of the controversial moves Boris has made since becoming PM that there has not been more reference made to his various shortcomings as Mayor of London - of which the Tax Payers' Stadium (love that description btw!) is such a glaring example.

Comparisons with the Garden Bridge seemed to me an open goal when this latest vanity idea of a bridge joining Scotland to Ireland was recently mooted - but it appears the popular media are totally lacking a striker in their reporting teams.

With Parliament prorogued, surely now would be a golden opportunity for the subject of the lease terms for the London Stadium to once more be aired in public? 

I certainly mentioned it when replying to a recent survey from my MP, as an example of Boris having history of redacting inconvenient truths from documents he was forced to release, and predicting (accurately as it soon transpired) that I could see the same being true of the Yellowhammer and proroguing papers which the Commons demanded should be published.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    Article from Hammers United supporters club in the Guardian today - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/28/why-west-ham-fans-are-protesting-against-board-saturday

I did quite like this bit:

When we were looking at possible protests, someone suggested that we emulate Charlton’s fans by throwing soft toys or tennis balls on to the pitch. I had to point out that not many of our supporters have the Olympic standard throw required to throw something over the running track.

Good to see that they’re reading charltonlife as I said that almost word for word on the “are West Ham going down” thread about 3 weeks ago.
  • Options
    Article from todays Times below. West Ham really do want everything for nothing. Greedy, inconsiderate owners and I really hope they lose out on this one. Maybe they can ground share at The Valley!

West Ham United will face stiff opposition from UK Athletics to using the London Stadium for matches if the Premier League season goes beyond the end of June.

Top-flight football has been put on hold until at least April 30 because of coronavirus, meaning that games could be played in July when the Anniversary Games are expected to be held at the club’s London Stadium.

West Ham insist a clause in their contract with the stadium owner gives them first option but UK Athletics said yesterday that “athletics has priority”.

Nic Coward, UK Athletics chairman, said: “As far as we’re concerned athletics has priority and nobody has spoken to us about changes in the summer, including any plans for West Ham games.”

West Ham insist a clause in their concession agreement called the “overriding priority principle” means the stadium’s owner, the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), is obliged to put the football club first.

The LLDC, however, has stopped short of confirming whether that is the case.Cancelling the Anniversary Games would be a massive financial blow to UK Athletics, which reported an £825,000 annual loss in its most recent accounts and has been relying on the event for much-needed income.The stadium was supposed to be transformed from football at the end of May for Major League Baseball in mid-June and a concert by the rock band Green Day. Although neither event has been cancelled yet, there are doubts over either going ahead.There is also uncertainty over the Anniversary Games on July 4 and 5 but if that does prove to be feasible then the removable seating would have to be taken out for the running track to be used, which takes up to two weeks.Given the delays to the Premier League programme, West Ham would be very likely to want the stadium for their games at the same time. Club insiders said they had had a letter from the LLDC last week confirming the over-riding priority principle was in operation.A West Ham statement said :“The overriding priority principle is an agreement that all of West Ham United’s competitive matches shall take precedence over any other activity, event or use of the stadium on the dates that are notified to us by a governing body — in this case the Premier League. If the football season continues beyond May, our fixtures will go ahead as planned in the stadium.”The LLDC said no final decisions have been made, saying in a statement: “These are unprecedented circumstances and we will work closely with the club over the coming weeks to manage the issues. The situation is very fluid so, like many other clubs with summer events programmes, it is too soon to give exact details of future arrangements.”

• Options
    Rizzo said:
    I very much doubt that the Anniversary Games will happen but if they do I hope West Ham are told exactly where they can stick their overriding priority principle.
    And Lady Brady and the dildo salesmen will have no trouble finding where to stick it...
  • Options
    Bunch of tossers! There's loads of football stadiums they could use in London, but nowhere else that could stage the athletics. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps a groundshare coming on.
  • Options
    Surely they could still use the stadium, setup for athletes though.
    As far as I can see they only need the green bit in the middle to play football.
    The reduced capacity is their problem, maybe less concessions and freebies, would help out. 
  • Options
    They could play on Hackney Marsh.
  • Options
    Surely they could still use the stadium, setup for athletes though.
    As far as I can see they only need the green bit in the middle to play football.
    The reduced capacity is their problem, maybe less concessions and freebies, would help out. 
    Could combine the dildo throwing competition.

• Options
    Hardly the most cutting edged design, that looks like the Lubyanka.
  • Options
    Looks like a hoover factory!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Looks like a hoover factory!
    sacrilege...

FileThe Hoover Building-1392797985jpg - Wikimedia Commons
  • Options
    Isn't that a Tesco now?