Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Options

I'm actually going to the game today. For free I might add. Just checking what time we're all on the pitch.

Serious request. If you go for refreshment at H-T could you try and assess

1. What % of the bars serve draught beer, do others pour it only from bottles?

2. Do you see monitors screening Sky Sports?

These are two of the Big Deals over which WHU are taking the LLDC to court, at your expense.

1. All of the bars on the concourse appear to serve draught beer. Each kiosk (there's pretty much one per block / stairwell) has one pump, which has three Amstel and one Strongbow. Bottles in fridges include cider and vodka mixes. Apparently there's a real ale bar somewhere too. Heineken also have a huge bar in the Bobby Moore.

2. No Sky Sports on the concourses. The screens only show pitch side interviews and the game. I did notice replays are sponsored by Betway, West Ham's sponsor.

Looked like about 60 extra security guards around the pitch who aren't usually there apparently. Wait for it... they were wearing football boots.
    The stewards were wearing boots? Presume they also had to do a beep test to ensure they were quick enough to catch any pitch invaders too but what about if something goes off in the stands? Hardly the safest footwear to be wearing for hooking unhappy Hammers out of their seats.
  • Options
    Fuck that’s a lose lose situation right there hopefully we will find out when they both are in Lge 2

• Options
    ...maybe it's to protect them from the soap in those fecking awful bubbles they pump out constantly?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I'm actually going to the game today. For free I might add. Just checking what time we're all on the pitch.

These are two of the Big Deals over which WHU are taking the LLDC to court, at your expense.

1. All of the bars on the concourse appear to serve draught beer. Each kiosk (there's pretty much one per block / stairwell) has one pump, which has three Amstel and one Strongbow. Bottles in fridges include cider and vodka mixes. Apparently there's a real ale bar somewhere too. Heineken also have a huge bar in the Bobby Moore.

2. No Sky Sports on the concourses. The screens only show pitch side interviews and the game. I did notice replays are sponsored by Betway, West Ham's sponsor.

Looked like about 60 extra security guards around the pitch who aren't usually there apparently. Wait for it... they were wearing football boots.
    Thanks a lot buddy, that is very helpful, if a little puzzling re the beer. I will consult with the WHUISA, the ones with brains.

No problem, let me know if you have any other queries. It's my first ever trip there for football but have a few friends who are season ticket holders there.
    That could be very useful. Could you ask them if they as individuals have a complaint that there are "not enough bars serving draught beer" ? West Ham are seeking 'legal determination' over this (at our cost), but based on your experience it sounds like the draught beer provision is more than reasonable.

• Options

Thanks a lot buddy, that is very helpful, if a little puzzling re the beer. I will consult with the WHUISA, the ones with brains.

No problem, let me know if you have any other queries. It's my first ever trip there for football but have a few friends who are season ticket holders there.
    That could be very useful. Could you ask them if they as individuals have a complaint that there are "not enough bars serving draught beer" ? West Ham are seeking 'legal determination' over this (at our cost), but based on your experience it sounds like the draught beer provision is more than reasonable.

If there is such a concern of disorder being caused by fans that they need to increase the number of stewards then why are they selling alcohol in the stadium ?
  • Options

If there is such a concern of disorder being caused by fans that they need to increase the number of stewards then why are they selling alcohol in the stadium ?
    Just a guess, but is it because the dildo brothers profit from beer sales and the security costs them nothing?
  • Options

There's more than enough booze kiosks inside the ground. The choice is awful so they tend to drink around the stadium or outside Westfield.

The stewards were wearing boots? Presume they also had to do a beep test to ensure they were quick enough to catch any pitch invaders too but what about if something goes off in the stands? Hardly the safest footwear to be wearing for hooking unhappy Hammers out of their seats.
    Only pitch side specific stewards had boots on.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Just a guess, but is it because the dildo brothers profit from beer sales and the security costs them nothing?
    IdleHans said:

Yes, you interpret the deal correctly :-)

• Options
    Lounge passes cost £1,000 a year apparently. Gullivan profit from all corporate revenue if I remember correctly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There's more than enough booze kiosks inside the ground. The choice is awful so they tend to drink around the stadium or outside Westfield.

Only pitch side specific stewards had boots on.
    Yeah you can tell they've specifically chosen the fastest and fittest for the role...

• Options
    edited April 2018
    IdleHans said:

Surely it’s not their call to make. The stadium will need a licence just like anywhere else that sells alcohol. If the place has a problem with its patrons then the licence should be revoked or suspended
  • Options

Lounge passes cost £1,000 a year apparently. Gullivan profit from all corporate revenue if I remember correctly.

Also correct. They like to keep quiet about that, but I heard that this was always one of the great attractions to them. I think RM-PV told me that, in explaining that corporate is the significant match-day earner, whereas beer sales to us plebs is marginal stuff. Neither Upton Park nor The Valley has the corporate space that most FAPL clubs aspire to have nowadays.

• Options
    I see, ties in nicely with the Baroness and Gullivan.
  • Options
    @The Red Robin it just looks like they are made for each other, Lycamobile with the allegations of money laundering and government cover up, having their cup final at the London Stadium
  • Options
    I like the way the BBC Radio 4 news slipped in a reference to the ongoing £20M taxpayers' subsidy to the stadium in their item about the baseball matches!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would definitely be interested in seeing a game there. It will be interesting how the stadium is adapted
  • Options
    Just seen very vague report on bbc London news reporting £10m being given to support or prop up maintenance work on Olympic stadium. No statement from Khan on this. Raises a lot of unanswered questions.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Having read the above I then found this. It seems Sullivan wants a bigger say in the running of the stadium.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44580900

With projected losses of £20m this year and a total loss of £140m over its first 10 years, it will continue to lose money, unless WHU pay at least £12m a year!

A meeting between Khan and Brady took place in March but nothing since.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43547310
  • Options
    Went past it today and it was nice to see the warm up area outside being used for a schools sports event.
  • Options
    I am pleased for West Ham, with the rate payers paying for the ground they have managed to spend nearly £100m on new players so far. Good for football :wink:
  • Options
    BBC just published this article
    www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44848750
    Interesting that Gareth Bacon is already on this.