Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old shirts day

Just a bit of a random idea, but I think it could be another way to get the protest message across - could we have a game where everyone digs out their oldest Charlton shirt, or gets on eBay to get a replacement if theirs is long gone and wear it along with the black and white scarves?

The message is clear - we have been loyally supporting OUR club (KM take note) this long, we are supporters not customers, and we'll be here after they have gone.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Admittedly I don't think I'll fit in my kid's shirt either, but I'm sure I can get hold of a larger version!
  • What is this "we"?

YOU wear your oldest Charlton shirt and YOU wear a black and white scarf to say that YOU will be here after they've gone

;-)
  • You could always just drape them over your shoulders. It's making a point, not a fashion show?

And you could pretend to be superman... :wink:
  • Nice one, do it when its warmer though. Won't see them when we're all bundled up under coats and scarves.

I'm a soft southern Jesse, not a Newcastle fan!
  • You could always just drape them over your shoulders. It's making a point, not a fashion show?

And you could pretend to be superman... :wink:

Charlton pyjamas, pants and towel are best for that.

A, erm, friend told me.
  • Doesn't have to be that old - just pre regime.
  • edited January 2016
    I have a cupboard full of them, so well up for this. Not sure I can get into the pinstripe Oscar (?) one still, though...
  • Up for that......got around 15 shirts, somewhere.

Will dig them out when I get back,
    Who needs one ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've got one of the long-sleeved quasar shirts I might still be able to get into. I seem to remember it being massive on me at the time. Anything before that I'll have no chance.
  • I've got that green and purple striped shirt somewhere. The one that made you look like a Wimbledon ball boy.
  • Up for that......got around 15 shirts, somewhere.

Will dig them out when I get back,
    Who needs one ?

They are in a red holdall in my attic
  • This is agreat idea... but we should set a date (I agree when it's bit warmer) and besides, by then it could be relegation party!!
  • addick05 said:

This is agreat idea... but we should set a date (I agree when it's bit warmer) and besides, by then it could be relegation party!!

All the more reason to carry on the protests!
  • The MK Dons game could make sense - we have history, they don't (although I'm not sure if that could confuse the message?).
  • Having lost around 7 stone, I can fit plenty of layers underneath mine to keep warm, or even hire them out to small groups.
  • I only ever bought one CAFC shirt - the Llanera relegation away shirt in black, so I'm sorted.
  • IA said:

What is this "we"?

YOU wear your oldest Charlton shirt and YOU wear a black and white scarf to say that YOU will be here after they've gone

;-)
    Good point but the OP did say "I" : - )
  • Nice idea
    How's about just old away shirts - lots of em have been white and/or black - and we're less and less likely to be attending home matches, more and more supporting the team away from home
  • Sponsored links:

• I might be able to fashion my first shirt into some kind of snug fitting hat, but it ain't going over my torso without broken ribs.

Give me enough notice and maybe as pert of the protest I can go on hunger strike as well.
  • Nice idea
    How's about just old away shirts - lots of em have been white and/or black - and we're less and less likely to be attending home matches, more and more supporting the team away from home

No, they just looked that way on the tele... :smile:
  • edited January 2016

I might be able to fashion my first shirt into some kind of snug fitting hat, but it ain't going over my torso without broken ribs.

Give me enough notice and maybe as pert of the protest I can go on hunger strike as well.

You'll only get told what to wear at 12 Noon on match day. This thwarts the authorities' ability to contain 'things'. That might not be enough notice to shed the pounds but you could try Picolax.

Do you think the announcement will come out via pirate radio and then everyone will head off to some random field in Sussex to drop pills and listen to KM on the decks ?
  • The MK Dons game could make sense - we have history, they don't (although I'm not sure if that could confuse the message?).

Not sure I like that. It should be about us, not the opposition.
  • got my mesh 98/99 third choice purple and green one somewhere
  • got my mesh 98/99 third choice purple and green one somewhere

Now, that's a classic shirt! My son had one but when he got too big for it I believe it went to the charity shop.
  • edited January 2016
    Reaches into his book of old jokes... again.

Loved the Fads kit. I looked pukka in that, strolling up and down Eltham High Street in my pomp. There was many a time someone would shout at me from across the road, "Oi you, Fads Kit"
  • According to a friend who worked there, Fads stood for "Fuck All Discount Store".
  • Missed It said:

Nice one, do it when its warmer though. Won't see them when we're all bundled up under coats and scarves.

I'm a soft southern Jesse, not a Newcastle fan!

Or a fat Wednesday fan who fills the need to wear no shirt
  • Stig said:

The MK Dons game could make sense - we have history, they don't (although I'm not sure if that could confuse the message?).

Not sure I like that. It should be about us, not the opposition.
    Yeah you are probably right.