Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leyton Orient

What is it about East London clubs, as they're another formerly well run stable club, ruined by dodgy foreign owners. From being an aspirational L1 team aiming for promotion, they're now mid table in L2 and have sacked another manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35335889

And however bad RD and KM might get, at least they'd never kick one of the coaching staff on the pitch!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35328656

Comments

• people used to think foreign investment would be good for the game we are now seeing exactly how it can go wrong, we wont be the 1st and we certainly wont be the last, the english game is being ruined by these greedy bastards.

Already has been ruined
  • Leyton Orient president Francesco Becchetti has been given a six-match stadium ban and fined £40,000 by the Football Association for aiming a kick at assistant boss Andy Hessenthaler, who he now names as caretaker manager.
  • Kevin Nolan 1/10 to be new manager
  • Barry 'Earn sure knows how to run a business .. as for these Italians ? .. pity the flash arrogant dodgy tossers can't be deported .. how long before Watford follows the Leeds/Orient path to ruin ?
  • I have had the chance to meet up with some of the Orient players around Xmas for the last few years. Four years ago when they ad a few ex-addicts including Mr Lisbie, there was nothing but praise for Charlton and what a great club it was to work for. This Christmas just gone when Charlton was mentioned, the players looked down at their feet, sucked their teeth and changed the subject.
  • edited January 2016
    colin1961 said:

Perfect job for Powell .....

Yeah because he knows how to get clubs promoted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • very sad .. I just hope that the Os don't provide us with a different local derby game next season
  • Sponsored links:

• people used to think foreign investment would be good for the game we are now seeing exactly how it can go wrong, we wont be the 1st and we certainly wont be the last, the english game is being ruined by these greedy bastards.

Already has been ruined
    Sky money is just as much to blame...and now BT money.
  • edited January 2016
    Funny a few days ago I watched our live match at orient a few years back
    To cheer myself up
    It poured with rain we went down to 10 men had parky in charge but we had pride and passion and went on to win
    Also great clip of me in my fads away shirt when we scored the second
    And waggy was mom I think
    Those we the days
    Can we have them back please
    Same season we took over 7000 for the fa cup game at Fulham I think
    So sad thinking about our current state

In real terms I bet we don't get 7000 ACTUAL fans in the valley on sat
  • IAIA
    edited January 2016
    I think Fulham was with Powell as manager in the promotion season. And Orient away was New Year's Eve at 6 or something, lost 1-0.

We won at Orient in our first L1 season, and I think a midfielder was sent off (Spring?). Solly came on as a late sub at left midfield and scored a goal. Don't remember that match being on TV, but I was there anyway.

Can't remember our second season in L1, but think Orient beat us at the Valley
  • i remember the new years eve game we were going so well so me and a few mates i went with thought weve got a chance of making money so i think we all put a score each on charlton and would use the winnings as whip money for the night, cue hamer getting sent off
  • IA said:

I think Fulham was with Powell as manager in the promotion season. And Orient away was New Year's Eve at 6 or something, lost 1-0.

We won at Orient in our first L1 season, and I think a midfielder was sent off (Spring?). Solly came on as a late sub at left midfield and scored a goal. Don't remember that match being on TV, but I was there anyway.

I think we lost at the Valley in the first L1 season and won at home in the second and third times.

Away we won in the first and second seasons but lost in the third.

In terms of TV. Both Orient wins were shown and our second season away game described above was also featured.
  • IA said:

Sure we won twice at O's recently....

First win....Dailly was sent off in the first one(?), Burton scored with a lob and we won 2-1(?) Who else scored?

Second win 3-1....McCormack scored with a header to our left, Wagstaff scored to our right and Solly scored to our right(?)

I can remember what happened in 1983 but not what happened at Orient under Parkinson!
  • edited January 2016
    Wasn't the New Year's Eve televised O's game when Hamer was sent off early on? But, yeah, we lost 1-0.
  • Kevin Nolan 1/10 to be new manager

he's better off carrying on writing Charlton match reports.

• Simonsen said:

IA said:

Sure we won twice at O's recently....

First win....Dailly was sent off in the first one(?), Burton scored with a lob and we won 2-1(?) Who else scored?

Second win 3-1....McCormack scored with a header to our left, Wagstaff scored to our right and Solly scored to our right(?)

I can remember what happened in 1983 but not what happened at Orient under Parkinson!
    Shelvey got the 2nd in the 2-1. Dailly was sent off in the 3-1 win.
  • Sponsored links:

• i remember the new years eve game we were going so well so me and a few mates i went with thought weve got a chance of making money so i think we all put a score each on charlton and would use the winnings as whip money for the night, cue hamer getting sent off

I was in Amsterdam with my girlfriend, she'd found a somewhere to welcome the New Year in and figured we should get there early to make sure we could get in..

I used every ounce of charm to convince her to head back to the hotel; that way we could "save money" and have some pre-drinks. I think she was in the loo when I popped the TV on "as background noise"; I'm not the best actor in the world and I don't think my "Oh look sweet, the Charlton match is on!" was very convincing.

She wasn't happy, and then when her favourite player - Hamer - got sent off I wasn't happy either.

Then later on we found out the pub she'd picked out was too busy... apparently "I'm sure he wasn't over the line, red still seems really harsh." wasn't the best thing to say at that moment.

Fortunately we found another couple that night, and she welcomed in the New Year having a good ol' moan to some random American woman whilst I was having a drinking contest with her husband.

2012 didn't start so great.
  • Deff parky 2nd game of the season
    And both waggy and solly scored
    And the other thing I remember is the kiosks didn't serve chips!! But did do a nice pizza
  • It was a Friday night and we went top of the league
  • I got mixed up. I was talking about 2nd season in League 1. Dailly sending off, 3-1 win.

That season we played Spurs in the cup, with Peacock as manager.

The Fulham cup match was under Powell.
  • I remember the first time we played them in L1, as Burton did his Usain Bolt arrow goal celebration!
  • I don't look at too many other teams blogs, but this O's one always raises a chuckle,

http://www.leytonorientblog.com
  • Kevin Nolan has been appointed Player-Manager of Leyton Orient