Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Back in the day Shannon Briggs was involved in possibly the best heavyweight fight I've seen against Lennox Lewis he was a proper contender and a champion for a while. If his fight had gone beyond 2 rounds he'd have been blowing out of his arse. He's a 44 year old man who whilst in good shape for his age he is an old man reduced to making YouTube videos winding other fighters up.

Haye still knocks all the current crop out in my eyes. Too quick for them. Can't judge anything from the 2 patsies he's just fought but a 34 year old Haye beats AJ, Fury, Wilder and Wlad too
  • Just got home from the O2. I think Haye will beat Briggs in a cracker similar to his fight with Chisora. But I don't every see him winning another world title though
  • Haye v Briggs could be great for 3-4 rounds.

Haye's 2 comeback opponents really were third tier level. Easy money for Haye. If a fighter has a record of 29-0 and you haven't heard of them, it's because they're a club fighter.

Haye v AJ would be great, a real 50/50 fight.

• Joseph Parker came through his hard-fought battle with Carlos Takem unscathed last night and is on track to challenge Joshua between November 19 and January 19 next year. Plans are to get him over to UK for a fight or two before then, possibly on the undercard of AJs next fight. If Joshua challenges for a title other than IBF that takes precedence over Parker' challenge.

An interesting issue for Parker' promoter, Dean Lonergan. He is going ballistic over someone videoing the Sky ppv coverage and streaming it direct onto social media giving hundreds, possibly thousands of punters a free fight. He's going to chase up the missing dollars apparently. The ppv fee was nearly $NZ50 which was pretty steep.
  • Thought David Haye looked average against a sub par opponent, nothing that will give AJ sleepless nights anyway.
  • Jab knocks him down. Then he goes down just to get away from haye. Strange heveyweight that Swiss bloke.
  • Boxing is a joke at times. That was like a working mans club event last night.
  • Dazzler21 said:

https://youtu.be/sw3j9w4Ut5I

Not really a fight...

Absolutely ridiculous
  • Even worse was the white collar fighter that got a tv slot cos he's Hayes mate, while they only showed the last 3 rounds of the Markham fight (only decent fight on the card).
    And when said white collar fighter at light heavyweight goes to 4-0 they mention a possible fight v Bellew, a cruiserweight about to fight for a world title at Goodson fucking Park.

I thought sky boxing commentary was bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was it just me or did anyone else think that Haye carried the Swiss fella into rnd 2? He was there for the taking after the first knock down Haye just didn't punch him.
    Did Dave & all his mates bet on a rnd 2 ko???
  • Haye hurt him with the first right hand after about twenty seconds. He was a bum as was the clown that Briggs fought.
  • Haye is turning his career into a joke fighting these bums. Was a great cruiserweight but has done nothing at heavyweight that needs to be remembered. He's just loading up his bank account for retirement now.
  • Completely pointless fight

Not sure Haye hits much harder than Dillian Whyte despite being a better all round boxer so I'm pretty sure AJ would beat him if and when they fight as AJ is only getting better and Haye isn't, only bigger
  • edited May 2016
    buckshee said:

Haye hurt him with the first right hand after about twenty seconds. He was a bum as was the clown that Briggs fought.

They had that Dimitrenko lined up for Briggs which is a shame as that would of been a decent test and would of been a much more credible opponent for Haye as it goes.

The whole thing is just weird.

The abysmal production and celebrity interviews as if its some sort of super fight is cringey.

I wish Haye would stop being such a control freak and find a promoter. Even if its with Cyclone as he already has the links to the mcguigans and they have a deal with Channel 5. Its a no brainer for me but Haye's ego is making a fool of him and his shows do boxing no good whatsoever.
  • Stop giving David Haye money and views until he fights someone of note.

Briggs doesn't count.
  • He thinks the channel is named after him.

Tbf to haye, though these fighs for his comeback seem completely one sided he is still getting his name out there and many want him to fight the likes of aj, fury and possibly wilder. For someone who doesn't have a promoter he seems to being doing fairly well at getting his name about. Then again it weren't all that long ago him and his toe took on Klitschko.
  • Talks are underway to get Joseph Parker on the Joshua undercard in November. Parker' promoters however are keen for a date with David Haye which they see as a stand-alone ppv bonanza (from the NZ Herald this morning)
  • I can never forgive David Haye for his 'performance' against Klitcko to unify the title.

Talked himself up to a ridiculous degree, and then spent most of the fight running away, and then blamed it on having a bad toe!

With the obvious exception of Tyson and a few others, a good big un always beats a good little un', therefore I see Fury (points) and Joshua (KO), both taking care of Haye comfortably.
  • edited June 2016
    https://youtu.be/x9JYwFjU8-k

I quite like DB, seems to be together and focused on the job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well I can't figure out Tyson Fury for love nor money. Is it mind games or he is honest simply bi polar?

https://youtu.be/kF5gn4LWS6M
  • Fury fight postponed due to a Fury ankle injury.

Joshua fights another round or two at the o2 tomorrow night.
    PPV for a joke card once again, Murray/Groves is a cracker though.

I knew the Fury fight would be postponed as soon as we voted to leave Europe...............it's starting I tell ya!
  • ha, could be something to do with the 7k+ tickets available too.
  • Twisted it while block paving a driveway.

Excellent. I have a prior engagement on the 9th that I can't get out of and was gutted to be missing the fight
  • WBC Champion - Deontay Wilder 36-0 (35 KO)
    WBO Champion & WBA 'Super' Champion - Tyson Fury 25-0 (18 KO)
    WBA Champion - VACANT (Lucas Browne Stripped)
    IBF Champion - Anthony Joshua 17-0 (17 KO)

78 Wins - 0 Defeats - 70 KOs between them
  • This talk of AJ fighting David Price next is shocking, I think he's got to up his level now and give Joseph Parker a shot
  • The furys and steroid claim I hope not
  • Nothing would surprise me with Fury.... All very suspicious with this story breaking and the timing of the ankle injury
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!