Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Fury is a complete and utter loose cannon, an instinctive and skilled tighter who is not always in shape. He has a lot of hard work to do against a disciplined, skilled and redemptive Klitchko who wants revenge. I hope it is a competitive fight, which I suspect it will be, Fury is brighter than he looks and excels at mind games. However, if he was to meet any of the great heavyweights in their prime like Tyson, Lewis or Klitchko in their prime he'd look 'pretty stupid eating corn on the cob with no f@&%ing teeth'
  • The fight is in 10 weeks. Plenty of time.

That type of fat falls off quite easy.

It's more Fury mind games. As long as he is conditioned for 12 rounds which he has done numerous times i can see a repeat of the first fight.

Fury on points

Before the first fight Fury got himself properly fit, trained at the right weight and lived properly for about six months - hence he arrived in top shape and shocked the world.

Being nearly 50lbs over weight 10 weeks before a fight is appalling and very dangerous, you only have to remember Lennox Lewis (100 times the fighter Fury is) turning up over weight against Hasim Rahman and getting knocked out.

When Lewis turned up fit and at his proper fighting weight for the re-match he won easily.
  • edited May 2016

The fight is in 10 weeks. Plenty of time.

It's more Fury mind games. As long as he is conditioned for 12 rounds which he has done numerous times i can see a repeat of the first fight.

Fury on points

Before the first fight Fury got himself properly fit, trained at the right weight and lived properly for about six months - hence he arrived in top shape and shocked the world.

Being nearly 50lbs over weight 10 weeks before a fight is appalling and very dangerous, you only have to remember Lennox Lewis (100 times the fighter Fury is) turning up over weight against Hasim Rahman and getting knocked out.

When Lewis turned up fit and at his proper fighting weight for the re-match he won easily.
    We'll just have to wait and see. I just don't buy into it all this waffle Fury is talking. There are no weight limits. As long as he can condition his body. 10 weeks is enough to get fit for 12 rounds. He has done it many times.

It just sounds so naive to say "Fury is overweight 10 weeks before so he loses.

Fury pissed it last time. It was borderline easy as it gets.

Fury can lose weight but Wlad can not take the years off in the gym.

I'm not a Fury fan by the way. I hope he gets shut up this time.
  • The fight is in 10 weeks. Plenty of time.

Fury on points

We'll just have to wait and see. I just don't buy into it all this waffle Fury is talking. There are no weight limits. As long as he can condition his body. 10 weeks is enough to get fit for 12 rounds. He has done it many times.

Personally I think it's naive in the extreme to think a pro athlete can blow up by nearly 50lbs between fights and can then strip it off with no affect on his performance - the key words here are 'pro athlete'.

Ten weeks is not a long time at all - this is getting to premium fitness for the Heavyweight Championship of the World not his cousins wedding in Morecambe Bay.

What does it tell you about Fury's dedication or his desire if he is putting on that amount of weight between fights? What does it tell you about his discipline if he has been fuelling his body with pints, pies and pancakes since winning in Germany?

We saw the same thing with Ricky Hatton and even Riddick Bowe, a lack of discipline out of the ring will eventually see you get badly punished in it, it's just a matter of time.
  • Eddie: This fight isn't selling as well as I hoped, try and make it sound personal.

Awful acting from Joshua.

David Price comes across as a genuine nice bloke (unlike Joshua) I think he's delusional though.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0gvSvkPzWg
  • I can't see fury turning up ripped.

If he does, and therefore he had this all in mind, that's amazing work.

Much more likely is he will turn up still unconditioned and get beaten up.
  • elcafc said:

Feel this fight is all about Klitschko. Looked a shot shell of his former self in the first meeting. Fury not so much won the title more like Klitschko surrendered it to him. Can he throw his right hand this time?

As Roger Mayweather says 'most people really don't know shit about boxing'

I agree that fury is a moron, but let's not take away from what he did in Germany, he beat a champion that was unbeaten in 10 years in his backyard and he did with a great game plan that was executed to perfection, was it good to watch? Well I enjoyed as a boxing fan but admit the casual boxing fan may have been a bit bored with too few punches thrown. Fury used movement and feints to completely bamboozle wk who relys on a left jab and straight right and being the bigger stronger man on the inside (with excessive holding and leaning on his opponents) he doesn't like fighting outside of his comfort zone and will only let the right hand go if he is confident to do so, fury took that away from him.

In saying that Fury is a loonatic and incredibly undisciplined, I really don't know what will happen in the rematch.
    Agree with you on this one mate, this fight is about which Klitchko shows up.

Can he get back to the fighter he was? Not sure that anybody can turn back the tide of time, especially at over fourty years of age.

One thing is for sure, he was definitely more than a little gun shy last time round, if he can't get over that hurdle then I see a similar fight as last time round.
  • elcafc said:

Feel this fight is all about Klitschko. Looked a shot shell of his former self in the first meeting. Fury not so much won the title more like Klitschko surrendered it to him. Can he throw his right hand this time?

As Roger Mayweather says 'most people really don't know shit about boxing'

I agree that fury is a moron, but let's not take away from what he did in Germany, he beat a champion that was unbeaten in 10 years in his backyard and he did with a great game plan that was executed to perfection, was it good to watch? Well I enjoyed as a boxing fan but admit the casual boxing fan may have been a bit bored with too few punches thrown. Fury used movement and feints to completely bamboozle wk who relys on a left jab and straight right and being the bigger stronger man on the inside (with excessive holding and leaning on his opponents) he doesn't like fighting outside of his comfort zone and will only let the right hand go if he is confident to do so, fury took that away from him.

In saying that Fury is a loonatic and incredibly undisciplined, I really don't know what will happen in the rematch.
    I'm not sure Fury's tactics were that clever. I reckon he was a surprised as anyone that VK was so hesitant and gun shy. A younger Klitschko would have won that fight but I agree the result will be the same again if it is indeed age and natural decline that has taken its toll.
  • edited May 2016

The fight is in 10 weeks. Plenty of time.

Fury on points

Personally I think it's naive in the extreme to think a pro athlete can blow up by nearly 50lbs between fights and can then strip it off with no affect on his performance - the key words here are 'pro athlete'.

Ten weeks is not a long time at all - this is getting to premium fitness for the Heavyweight Championship of the World not his cousins wedding in Morecambe Bay.

What does it tell you about Fury's dedication or his desire if he is putting on that amount of weight between fights? What does it tell you about his discipline if he has been fuelling his body with pints, pies and pancakes since winning in Germany?

We saw the same thing with Ricky Hatton and even Riddick Bowe, a lack of discipline out of the ring will eventually see you get badly punished in it, it's just a matter of time.

Fair points

He has blown up. But has never been anything but fat looking. Its not like he looked like AJ before and has never really shown or been asked about his fitness betwen other fights.

He will be 12 round fit. That i am 100% certain of. Whether Wlad can do anything is the question i'm asking not how much Fury weighs.

All opinions are valid as fury is that unpredictable.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    Anybody see chisora v pulev fight last night? Only saw the weigh in which was a bit frantic.
    Fight Went the distance but some are saying the ref was unfair on chisora.
  • Anybody see chisora v pulev fight last night? Only saw the weigh in which was a bit frantic.
    Fight Went the distance but some are saying the ref was unfair on chisora.

Judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jhf4N4Dv70
  • Just watched it. Apart from the ref letting pulev hold far too much. Every time chisora did attack he was held round the back of the head. However pulev completely deserved the victory. Not sure how one of the judges gave it to chisora. No idea what he was wayching.
    So when/if Joshua beats breazeale he then has to fight pulev?
  • Parker v Takem is to determine AJs mandatory challenger.
  • Pulev deserved it but he kept holding Chisora and the ref said nothing but as soon as Derek did anything thr ref was straight on him.
  • Pulev won by a mile but I thought Chisora looked fit and focused for this one. Unfortunately, like Dillon Whyte, I think his level is domestic at best. Pulev was utterly destroyed when he challenged Klitschko for the world title and so I think Parker will be too much for him. Still a big step up for Parker though and will make an interesting match up against AJ
  • Meldonium: Boxer Alexander Povetkin tests positive for banned substance
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36290163

I hope this fight still goes ahead
  • Meldonium: Boxer Alexander Povetkin tests positive for banned substance
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36290163

I hope this fight still goes ahead

Really can't see how. Lucas Browne has been stripped of his title and banned for six months and his one was dodgy as anything.
  • Claims to have taken the drug prior to its addition to banned substance list. If traces in his blood are 'minimal', they may let him fight. I have no idea however how long this drug would shows up in your system after use though
  • Sponsored links:

• That's that then. How naive of me to give a Russian athlete the benefit of doubt ha ha
  • edited May 2016
    Parker v Takam on Sky Sports 3 now
    Just about to start

Winner is mandatory for AJ

Edit: winner is not mandatory. It's an eliminator rather than a final eliminator. Don't know when it changed, sure it was always a final one
    Either way the winner will need to win another fight to be mandatory.
  • Parker deserved the decision but he did look a bit shaky against takam. Defensively looks open for attack and his stamina was tested. To me takam messed it up in several rounds when you could see Parker was suffering a bit takam didn't capitalise on it by pushing him on the ropes, instead takam just stalked him around the ring till Parker got his breath back.
    However for 24 Parker does look pretty good.

They seem to be saying that he is the mandatory challenge for AJ.
  • im sure it was originally a final eliminator but was only every called an eliminator today. But then they announced him as Joshua's mandatory after the fight so who knows?
    Think Takam spent too long in each round to get going.

Parker did look suspect at times but another way to look at it is that Takam is better than anyone AJ has faced so far.

Parker would have learnt more in that fight than his previous 10-15 fights combined.
  • After watching that I thought Parker didn't appear to have much power.
  • Eddie Hearn confirmed it was a final. Parker now mandatory for Joshua
  • edited May 2016
    Haye made short work of that non contest. Would he be in contention for a title shot again? Maybe against Joshua or Fury if they keep their belts?

Briggs is odd
  • McBobbin said:

Haye made short work of that non contest. Would he be in contention for a title shit again? Maybe against Joshua or Fury if they keep their belts?

Briggs is odd

Dunno how your predictive text id geared up but ?
  • McBobbin said:

Haye made short work of that non contest. Would he be in contention for a title shit again? Maybe against Joshua or Fury if they keep their belts?

Briggs is odd

Dunno how your predictive text id geared up but ?
    Oh dear. Edited.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!