Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Options
    AJ has 'muscled up' recently and his movement reminds me of Frank Bruno.
    Could he beat Klitschko, yes I think so, could he beat Haye, yes if he lands a couple of bombs, Haye wont fancy it. However if the real David Haye turns up I think AJ will struggle, especially if it goes late. I still think AJ would bowl him over.
    Would I like to see the fight happen, yes, but it wont, AJ is Hearns cash cow.
  • Options

Keen as I am to see Joseph Parker do well on the world stage he was fortunate to come away with a decision over Ruiz on Saturday night. Lance Revill, President of the NZ Professional Boxing Assoc was sitting in the fron row and scored the fight 118-112 to Ruiz with Parker winning just two rounds.

Something else rather strange. Colonel Bob Sheridan, who has been around boxing from time immemorial had never heard of any of the three judges (none of them from NZ by the way).

Hughie Fury is being talked about as Parker's first defence in April, possibly in UK or Dunedin, UK

Revill was Parker's first professional trainer and has a massive axe to grind, so a good idea to ignore his opinion.

The respected Compubox shows that Parker three more punches and landed more punches than Ruiz (and deserved the decision)
  • Options
    press conference at 1pm ticket details to be announced aswell
  • Options
    tickets bagged by 12.02 looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Anyone see yesterdays press conference in Liverpool? Haye loses it!

• Options

The whole build up has been cringe worthy. I can't stand either of them. Shame there has to be a winner!
  • Options

The whole build up has been cringe worthy. I can't stand either of them. Shame there has to be a winner!
    I dislike Haye ever so slightly less than I dislike Bellew - so I'll be cheering for Haye.
  • Options
    Every 'Battle of Britain' fight you get this crap, does it sell tickets or do people see through the faux hatred?

At the end of the fight they'll be hugging each other saying how wonderful the other one is and what warriors they are and credit to the sport.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Every 'Battle of Britain' fight you get this crap, does it sell tickets or do people see through the faux hatred?

At the end of the fight they'll be hugging each other saying how wonderful the other one is and what warriors they are and credit to the sport.

No Bellew can be equally as obnoxious after a fight as before one
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/rT9IAXsuGUU

Lots of fans moaning about this being too respectable and a bromance but both are class acts imho
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep i agree.
    When you are as good as these two you don't have to resort to trash talk
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Yep i agree.
    When you are as good as these two you don't have to resort to trash talk

I agree as well but why have these type of programmes. These should be for fights with genuine beef otherwise they are totally boring.

Who honestly wants to watch two people sitting across a table being respectful?

All it needed was a candle between the two and Johnny Nelson taking their orders.

This is the type of fight where too much build up like that programme could actually harm sales.

They should just leave it be .
  • Options
    and sky have put the price of this one up ain't they?

Despite the undercard hardly being that amazing .

Kodi for this one for most.
  • Options
    Is it true Team Fury have pulled out of the fight with Joseph Parker? Worst kept secret in boxing if so
  • Options
    Yes it is true the Fury team citing injury. The promotors are looking for a replacement otherwise ticket sales will be refunded. Lucas Browne has put his hand up but - like Hughie Fury - he also has had drug problems and he's not a top contender anyway.
  • Options
    Would not be surprised if Warren is hoping that now he has BT backing he could win a purse bid trouble is he couldn't fill a phone box , plenty of empty seats at his fights still and rumored to owe people money again.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Would not be surprised if Warren is hoping that now he has BT backing he could win a purse bid trouble is he couldn't fill a phone box , plenty of empty seats at his fights still and rumored to owe people money again.

has he even got any decent Heavyweights?
  • Options

Yes it is true the Fury team citing injury. The promotors are looking for a replacement otherwise ticket sales will be refunded. Lucas Browne has put his hand up but - like Hughie Fury - he also has had drug problems and he's not a top contender anyway.

Very naughty from Team Fury who in my opinion had no intention of ever fighting in New Zealand. They were supposed to be in NZ over 4 weeks ago to avoid jet lag etc and they only pull out now?!?

• Options
    He is said to have lower back pain but general consensus seems to be he has wimped out. As Stewie mentioned he never wanted to come to NZ preferring Manchester as a venue. The Parker promoter said this morning there may be a faint chance the Fury fight could go ahead but he has been given the go ahead by the WBO to look for another top 10 contender. A bit rough on Parker though who has been preparing for months to take on Fury.
  • Options
    Team Fury slaughtered David Haye for twice pulling out of fighting Tyson but now between them, the Fury cousins have pulled out of three consecutive world heavyweight title fights.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An interesting story from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39640173
  • Options

Hope he does well at Tokyo but like professional boxing the judges at Olympic level make some awful and quite frankly suspect decisions. in fact I would say the olympic judges are even worse nowadays.
  • Options

Hope he does well at Tokyo but like professional boxing the judges at Olympic level make some awful and quite frankly suspect decisions. in fact I would say the olympic judges are even worse nowadays.
    "I do it for pleasure, because you don't win if you are motivated by money,"

Tell that to Joshua (or maybe a better example - tell it to Mayweather!).
  • Options
    The Anthony Joshua documentary on bbc1 was very good. Worth a watch on iplayer if you missed it
  • Options
    Just watched one on Klitschko on sky. Actually looking forward to this fight
  • Options

The Anthony Joshua documentary on bbc1 was very good. Worth a watch on iplayer if you missed it

Watched this and it has tempted me to go for Box Office on Saturday. AJ seems a nice guy but powerful boxer and it was refreshing to see two guys before the fight treating the fight as a job of work and not tearing into each other links bar room nutters.

I don't know the psychology of boxing enough to know if the lack of hate means it will be pat-a-cake on Saturday but I suspect not!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Watched this and it has tempted me to go for Box Office on Saturday. AJ seems a nice guy but powerful boxer and it was refreshing to see two guys before the fight treating the fight as a job of work and not tearing into each other links bar room nutters.

I don't know the psychology of boxing enough to know if the lack of hate means it will be pat-a-cake on Saturday but I suspect not!
    You suspect correctly.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

You suspect correctly.
    Really interesting documentary on AJ he came across as a smashing fella.
    However I couldn't help thinking that he isn't a natural fighter, he came across as a bit 'manufactured' if there is such a thing. He admitted at one point that he was blagging it, but maybe it his self deprecating humble personality, I have a feeling that when he gets a couple of big punches and finds himself in trouble he may lack the spirit to dig deep!
    I may be wrong but Vlad looks well up being 3 times World Champion.
    Also Eddie Hearn isn't slimy enough is he?
  • Options
    A replacement challenger for Joseph Parker has been found for the May 6 fight. 30 year old Romanian Razvan Conjano (16-2, 9ko) will fight for the championship in a venue which has been changed from the 12,000 Spark Arena to the 3,000 capacity Vodafone Events Centre.

Conjano, who dwarfs Parker at 2.02m was Parker's main sparring partner for his Alexander Dimitrenko fight (about 100 rounds) and also helped out sparring 44 rounds with Joseph for the Fury fight.

It's been pointed out that Joshua twice sparred with Wladimir Klitschko for world title bouts.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Greenie said:

Kap10 said:

You suspect correctly.
    Really interesting documentary on AJ he came across as a smashing fella.
    However I couldn't help thinking that he isn't a natural fighter, he came across as a bit 'manufactured' if there is such a thing. He admitted at one point that he was blagging it, but maybe it his self deprecating humble personality, I have a feeling that when he gets a couple of big punches and finds himself in trouble he may lack the spirit to dig deep!
    I may be wrong but Vlad looks well up being 3 times World Champion.
    Also Eddie Hearn isn't slimy enough is he?
    I sort of disagree. During the Whyte fight he was hurt quite bad but recovered got back to his corner and took the fight pretty much from there.

Wlad although looks up for it which he will do as the utter professional I think he is one of these older fighters who will never quite accept it has gone until he is left El sparko.

So many questions is what makes this fight interesting. I will go AJ 7,8,9 but it's a 50/50 on the unknowns of how good Aj is and what Wlad has left.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!