Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Options
    It will be a classic. I'm a fan of both but think Frampton will win.
  • Options
    I can't call it... Frampton quigg that is.

Will AJ have it that easy? He oozes class but is still a bit of an unknown quantity. I know nothing about Martin
  • Options
    Nothing to know really Martin hasn't fought anyone of note or even anywhere near the level of bum that AJ has
  • Options
    AJ Martin is confirmed. This will be a lot closer than people think for sure. AJ not been tested and I didn't like the way he took that left hook from Whyte who had an injured shoulder. Hope he destroys Martin though but not deserving of a world title fight yet... He is probably 3rd best heavyweight in UK let alone the world.
  • Options
    Props to Hearn for making this fight but maybe he was pushed into it by Khan - Brook falling through and I heard he had already booked Wembley Stadium for it.
  • Options
    Cheers guys
  • Options
    Anyone manage to get tickets for the AJ fight this morning? No joy here , going to try on Friday in the general sale
  • Options
    Got 4. Fight pass site is an utter joke but got there in the end.
  • Options
    Announced today in Auckland that Jospeh Parker will fight Carlos Takem, probably early May, the winner to challenge Martin or Joshua for the World Title following their April 9 bout.

Takem is a 35 year old Cameroons fighter with a 33 wins (25ko's), 2 losses and a draw record. Most of his fights have been in France. He is noted for his strength and work rate and is a significant step up as opposition for the 25 year old Parker.
  • Options
    Lucas Browne stops Ruslan Chagaev to win WBA heavyweight title
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35738521

What is this 'super' WBA champion rubbish about Fury?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Wba like to elevate their champions to 'super' status, usually if they've held the title for a long time or they are a unified champion with another governing body.
    They can then have another fight for the 'regular' title and each time that is defended they get another sanctioning fee!!!
    In principle the regular and super champion should fight each other but they rarely enforce it.
    Quigg had the regular WBA belt and Rigo was 'super' champion for example.
  • Options
    Daniel Jacobs at middleweight is another example.
    He has the WBA title while Golovkin is WBA super champion
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    It's a joke belt that means naff all basically.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So, March 2016

WBC Champion - Deontay Wilder 36-0 (35 KO)
    WBO Champion & WBA 'Super' Champion - Tyson Fury 25-0 (18 KO)
    WBA Champion - Lucas Browne 24-0 (21 KO)
    IBF Champion - Charles Martin 23-0-1 (21 KO)

108 Wins - 0 Defeats - 1 Draw - 96 KOs
  • Options
    Browne fight was fantastic. Got absolutely blasted and caught Chagaev with one big right and pushed it home. Fair play, but wouldn't be troubling the top 10 in the division. Imagine someone like Haye is looking at that as a saleable fairly easy world title fight albeit a plastic belt. Quigg traded on it for ages so it can be sold to the knowledgeable British public as a real belt.
  • Options
    The WBA are just more upfront about their piss-taking of mug punters

Lucas Browne is a very hard hitter but if he's a world champion then call me Susan

The world of boxing can learn some things from UFC. One being only having one champion per weight division but that will never happen because of the money these sanctioning bodies can make. Another is giving ringside judges screens so they can still judge properly when unsighted.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Lucas Browne is a very hard hitter but if he's a world champion then call me Susan

The world of boxing can learn some things from UFC. One being only having one champion per weight division but that will never happen because of the money these sanctioning bodies can make. Another is giving ringside judges screens so they can still judge properly when unsighted.

Susan, give the UFC time - they will splinter eventually.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Carter said:

Susan, give the UFC time - they will splinter eventually.
    No chance, they have rankings so there's no need for more belts. Although Diaz is the new McGreggor champion lolz!

There's also WBC silver champions, which isn't as bad as that's clearly a lower level. Then there's the WBC emerald belts which get handed out like awards and don't get defended, unless I'm mistake. If a champion changes his weigh division his belt becomes the diamond champion and the standard title (gold) is then vacated Also Mayweather V Manny was for a special Platinum title!

The ring title is the best, not only does it look like Rocky's belt but it's for the linear champion and has no political bullocks, no doubt I've got that last one wrong!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Lucas Browne: WBA heavyweight champion fails drugs test
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35871375

I know a few people on the bodybuilding circuit using 'Clen', a steroid used for burning fat and producing lean muscle mass. Think it's originally an asthma drug
  • Options
    Don't trust this one little bit.
    Rokudan said:

Lucas Browne: WBA heavyweight champion fails drugs test
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35871375

I know a few people on the bodybuilding circuit using 'Clen', a steroid used for burning fat and producing lean muscle mass. Think it's originally an asthma drug

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I found this statement very interesting

'The fact that humans can ingest the substance inadvertently by eating beef has in the past put pressure on anti-doping rules, which deem the slightest trace to be a doping infringement'

However, knowing how popular the use of Clenbutorol is among athletes it just raises warning flags. Thought BJS was having a sly dig about Eubank Jnr last night in his evaluation that he just keeps getting more muscular.
  • Options
    Its all signed and sealed. Parker will fight Carlos Takem in Auckland on May 21. Takem is a very aggressive fighter with a good defence and awkward style, a big step up for Parker.

The biggest sporting event for NZ to date - bigger than any cricket or rugby world cup, bigger than Michael Campbell winning the US Golf Open or NZ the Americas Cup (yachting) was Tua v Lewis. Joshua v Parker in front of 100,000 fans at Wembley for the world title next year would be bigger.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention, that was all according to Kevin Barry, Parker's trainer. He trained Tua too of course.
  • Options

Its all signed and sealed. Parker will fight Carlos Takem in Auckland on May 21. Takem is a very aggressive fighter with a good defence and awkward style, a big step up for Parker.

The biggest sporting event for NZ to date - bigger than any cricket or rugby world cup, bigger than Michael Campbell winning the US Golf Open or NZ the Americas Cup (yachting) was Tua v Lewis. Joshua v Parker in front of 100,000 fans at Wembley for the world title next year would be bigger.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention, that was all according to Kevin Barry, Parker's trainer. He trained Tua too of course.

I'm sorry but Parker has fought no one whatsoever of any note and neither has Takam . Both wouldn't last more than a couple of rounds against Joshua and to think this would pull 100,000 into Wembley is laughable.
  • Options
    Any predictions for the Martin V Joshua fight then boys and girls?
  • Options
    Be more difficult night for AJ than he or many may think but AJ will come through by stoppage
  • Options
    Martin by KO but really hope Big Josh pulls it out. I can see too much likeness to Bruno and I think Martin lays him out with a counter when Josh unleashes them fast but no Ko power combos.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Josh 1-3 rds.

This Martin bloke is another Cornish with a belt he fluked. Sky are doing a fantastic job making people believe Martin is a threat.

• Options
    Joshua inside 3.
    Still don't beat fury though, not yet
  • Options

Josh 1-3 rds.

This Martin bloke is another Cornish with a belt he fluked. Sky are doing a fantastic job making people believe Martin is a threat.

Both are unproven.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Martin by KO but really hope Big Josh pulls it out. I can see too much likeness to Bruno and I think Martin lays him out with a counter when Josh unleashes them fast but no Ko power combos.

I'm hoping that's an unfair comparison but their records at this stage weren't dissimilar. Joshua got caught a few times in just last fight. Be interesting to see how he does.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!