Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Who is the linear champion at the moment?

Fury.
  • Fury saying some quite difficult to comprehend statements there, I understand how point about the moment being achieved and moment he won being the Greatest achievement so far, but to say he is finding it difficult to motivate himself and is mentioning about not fighting for just the money when he hasn't defended what his belts even once is a sign he is losing his biggest asset and that's his own self belief

• Fury saying some quite difficult to comprehend statements there, I understand how point about the moment being achieved and moment he won being the Greatest achievement so far, but to say he is finding it difficult to motivate himself and is mentioning about not fighting for just the money when he hasn't defended what his belts even once is a sign he is losing his biggest asset and that's his own self belief

Agreed. I think he knows that Vlad 2 will be a tough ask, so he may quit while ahead. He can always come back in a year or two, once Vlad and Haye are gone for good, and try once more, saying he is still unbeaten. Problem may be that AJ or Parker (or even Deontay!) will be too good for him then.
  • Lots of reports that it will be Charles Martin v AJ in April for the IBF world title
  • Lots of reports that it will be Charles Martin v AJ in April for the IBF world title

It's looking that way. Is AJ ready for a world title shot? Time will tell. It's a gamble, that's for sure
  • He ain't nothing Martin Imo, no need for AJ to take that fight yet will jettison him into bouts he is not ready for. If AJ wants to do what he says he does them he needs to be patient
  • AJ beats Martin early IMO.
    Problem with having the title is you have to be ready for all comers.
    It's not the winning it, it's the defending it.
    Doesn't need to put himself in that position yet I don't think.
  • AJ all the way for me. Would love to see this fight but I think we would've known about it before now if it was true. It would be an excuse for a PPV from Hearn.

Martin was so poor against Glazkov last time out.
  • All AJ fights will be PPV now. Unless something goes wrong.
  • Hearn says April 9th card will be better than December 12th
  • Sponsored links:

• Martin isn't in AJ's league, even this early on.
  • edited February 2016
    You can't blame Hearn for getting AJ this fight. They might need to follow Deontay Wilder's lead though and handpick his first couple of defences as the lad still needs to develop. I can see him defending against the unlucky Glazkov if his knees recovered and then maybe a rematch with Whyte. Whyte will need to earn the shot first but it's an easy yet sellable fight for AJ.
  • Of all the governing bodies, the IBF are the ones who are strictest with imposing the mandatory fight.
    That's the worry for Hearn. Might get to pick 1 easy defence but the next will be whoever earns it (which could still be an easy fight but no guarantee).
  • Hand-picking fights in the IBF is not very easy but look who Martin has fought no one of note so the IBF doesn't attract like the others

• Problem with having the title is you have to be ready for all comers.
    It's not the winning it, it's the defending it.

Wilder has fought 3 guys that I wouldn't put in the top 30, so if you are a saleable asset with a fanbase that isn't very boxing literate you can muck around for a while. AJ fits the bill, there, so we might see defences vs Chisora, Glazkov and Dillian all on glorious PPV. Anyway he beats Martin, easily. The guys been in with bigger stiffs than AJ.
  • Has Joshua taken a punch from anyone?

• Dillion caught him pucka tbh, hegot through it
  • Joshua Vs Martin for the IBF world title confirmed for 9th April at the o2
  • Easy win for AJ

Cant wait for Frampton vs quigg so want quigg to ko Frampton
  • Sponsored links:

• I read fury was mwking an announcement this week as well
  • Easy win for AJ

Frampton vs Quigg is the 1st fight in a long time where I genuinely can't call the winner. Biggest British fight since Froch Vs Groves. Can't wait
  • Quigg wins by ko,
  • I so want that to be true
  • Easy win for AJ

Frampton vs Quigg is the 1st fight in a long time where I genuinely can't call the winner. Biggest British fight since Froch Vs Groves. Can't wait
    I'd like Quigg to win. Whoever loses will come again though and with only a 36 year old Rigondeux as the other giant of that division these 2 could make a dynasty.

Joshua fighting Martin is a duff move but it will make him and Matchroom a lot of money. Then Povetkin will stop him
  • Frampton will beat Quigg.
  • Frampton will beat Quigg.

Frampton doesn't rate quigg, Frampton is very easily hit and will be easy pickings Imo, quigg will be faster stronger and too savy for Frampton
  • Frampton beats Quigg.
  • My favourite fighter Quigg.
    Think he'll stop Frampton mid to late rounds
  • Thats what makes this fight special, id say its 50-50 amongst fight fans on who wins and 60-40on who they want to win,

Has the makings of a classic
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!